Football Bad News on Dontre Wilson

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU_CC

Territorial Marshal
Dec 4, 2010
Derrick Green
Adam Taylor
Darius Graham
Daryl Chestnut
Kendall Holmes

Bold have offers from OSU

Jul 12, 2011
Having an offer out there doesn't necessarily mean we are still actively recruiting the kid. I know we're still recruiting Derrick Green though.

OSU_CC

Territorial Marshal
Dec 4, 2010
Having an offer out there doesn't necessarily mean we are still actively recruiting the kid. I know we're still recruiting Derrick Green though.
When they haven't committed anywhere and it's this early in the recruiting process...that's what it usually means ;)

Jan 31, 2012
I don't think we are listed amongst his favorites. I read somewhere that he was favoring Clemson over Ohio st right now and haven't heard another team mentioned. Do we have a real shot at Taylor?

OSU_CC

Territorial Marshal
Dec 4, 2010
I don't think we are listed amongst his favorites. I read somewhere that he was favoring Clemson over Ohio st right now and haven't heard another team mentioned. Do we have a real shot at Taylor?
It'll be tough. LSU and Bama are in on him as well as OU. OU already has two RB's who committed though so that has to help our cause.

I don't think there is any info out there on who is top choices are.
Green will be extremely tough as it seems he favors Ohio State and Clemson as someone else said. He seemed excited by our offer initially but didn't seem to really considerate as an actual place he'd like to go to.

Picking up a good RB this class is important in my opinion as Sims did not redshirt.
Luckily we have 2 years more of Smith/Randle and 3 more of Sims but it'd be nice to get a good RB in the program, redshirt them, and let them develop.

Jan 31, 2012
I think a good RB should be picked up every class if possible. We didn't get a RB last class so I guess I am a little worried about the lack of early success but still very optimistic.

Pokengineer

Go Pokes!
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
hmm... regardless I would like to land a RB early on in the process if possible. I could be wrong but i don't think Muncrief is the future at the RB position.
Yea we definitely wanna sign a RB this class. Sims is looking really good and we have him for 3 more seasons and Smith and Randle have 2 more so we have time to find someone. It's not make or break this year.

Jan 21, 2009
WE NEED one RB in the '13 class that is well above avg. Injuries/academics and similar can cut a team down in a heart beat. Actually two would be better!

Pokengineer

Go Pokes!
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
WE NEED one RB in the '13 class that is well above avg. Injuries/academics and similar can cut a team down in a heart beat. Actually two would be better!
So next year we can have 7 scholarship RBs??? Smith, Randle, Sims, Roland, Muncrief, and 2 freshmen? Seems like a bit of overkill for a position that usually only has one on the field at a time. I bet we take one.

Jan 31, 2012
So next year we can have 7 scholarship RBs??? Smith, Randle, Sims, Roland, Muncrief, and 2 freshmen? Seems like a bit of overkill for a position that usually only has one on the field at a time. I bet we take one.
I agree, just don't want an after thought RB. We have had success last few years recruiting high enough ranked RB's besides last year. And I think the stars have mattered there for us.