Basketball 2021/2022 - Potential Improvements

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I would say that Harris, D. Williams, and Kouma are the odd men out right now. I would also say that Newton and Keylan have work to do to crack the rotation. Like you said, these guys aren't scrubs by any means.

5 Guards (1-3 spots) who are likely playing:
Ice, AA, Walker, B Williams, B. Thompson

4 Bigs (4-5 spots) who are likely playing: And I think we will see Ice at the 4 as well.
Kalib, MAM, Cisse, Smith

Who starts and how many minutes each guy plays is completely unknown at this moment.
Kouma could stand a redshirt year anyway for development, if he hasn't done that already.
He did a year in JuCo, I get confused how that counts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Crazy deep roster. We aren't going to have a 14-man rotation and there are really no scrubs.

Really big, really athletic.

Shooting is probably going to be the achilles heal, but at least the rest of our strengths will exist every night.
I would say that Harris, D. Williams, and Kouma are the odd men out right now. I would also say that Newton and Keylan have work to do to crack the rotation. Like you said, these guys aren't scrubs by any means.

5 Guards (1-3 spots) who are likely playing:
Ice, AA, Walker, B Williams, B. Thompson

4 Bigs (4-5 spots) who are likely playing: And I think we will see Ice at the 4 as well.
Kalib, MAM, Cisse, Smith

Who starts and how many minutes each guy plays is completely unknown at this moment.
You’re still drastically higher on Smith than me. Keylan is the 4th big to me (he’s proven internally), and Newton the 5th (provides something different with spacing). Heck Kouma might be ahead of Smith for me cuz at least he was internal.

Sep 23, 2010
You’re still drastically higher on Smith than me. Keylan is the 4th big to me (he’s proven internally), and Newton the 5th (provides something different with spacing). Heck Kouma might be ahead of Smith for me cuz at least he was internal.

It's very possible Keylan sneaks in as the 4th big, especially if we are playing against a perimeter oriented, 4 guard look. Smith is just so more athletic than the others. His shooting percentages were good in his limited mintues as well. And he jumped off on film that I watched. He is also the only one out of this group that can play the 4 and the 5. That was my reasoning for it all. But it's not a slam dunk for him to be ahead of those guys you mentioned.

Newton doesn't strike me as near strong enough to handle 4's. Kouma is Kouma. And with the addition of Cisse, that kind of eliminated Kouma's minutes because I don't think he plays at the same time as Cisse or Kalib.