Big 12 Championship game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Do you gripe when we have the weekly "Big 12 Games Week *" threads on this board where we discuss the other games going on? I don't think so. How's this different than those threads? (other than the fact that you are being a snowflake)
Go check.
Haha, snowflake? Why bother to respond? Wait, it bothered you? Are you hurt? Lashing out with a presumed dig.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Go check.
Haha, snowflake? Why bother to respond? Wait, it bothered you? Are you hurt? Lashing out with a presumed dig.
Yes, I'm hurt. You've sure turned the tables now. Dang you're sneaky.

BTW, I called you snowflake because you want this thread censored off the main board because OU had some success today. That's the definition of a snowflake.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Yes, I'm hurt. You've sure turned the tables now. Dang you're sneaky.

BTW, I called you snowflake because you want this thread censored off the main board because OU had some success today. That's the definition of a snowflake.
Really, that’s the definition of snowflake? I think it’s great for ou but, it ain’t OSU sports.
You can call me whatever you want, you’re just an internet bully and I’m sure your dad can beat up my dad. Please don’t hurt me no more.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Larger picture here, assuming we actually make a run for a B12 title soon.

I don't care how they "look" today as far as Georgia & tOSU go, but if OU loses out on a playoff spot, our beloved team would face the same fate if it were us with a B12 title & 1 loss, & to me, that should bother us.

Does OU's defense have it's flaws? Of course. Have Notre Dame, Bama, Georgia or tOSU faced an offense like OU's (or ours circa '11)? Obviously, no. We would automatically be screwed out of a birth (just like we were in the BCS in '11), but OU might not. If UGA loses, they're a 2 loss team being compared to a 1 loss OU team, & UGA's loss is by 20 points to LSU. Additionally, for tOSU to get in with a win over Northwestern tonight, they'd be a 1 loss team who lost by 29 to a 6-6 Purdue team. OU simply doesn't have a worse loss than tOSU does.

Then, add to the fact that Notre Dame's automatically in when the committee went out of their way to tell the B12 that "the 13th data point matters" when it came to Baylor/TCU a few years ago.

Much as I hate to say it, OU deserves in.
You’re right this conference has major issues if OU can’t even get into the playoffs with 1 loss and a conference championship. No other league gets scrutinized for its style play like the Big 12. OU getting left out this year would basically set the precedent that the big 12 representative needs to have the perfect season.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You’re right this conference has major issues if OU can’t even get into the playoffs with 1 loss and a conference championship. No other league gets scrutinized for its style play like the Big 12. OU getting left out this year would basically set the precedent that the big 12 representative needs to have the perfect season.
Unless you are ou or texas that precedent was set a long time ago...none of the other conference members have ever made the bcs or playoff with one loss...nor will they likely ever.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Unless you are ou or texas that precedent was set a long time ago...none of the other conference members have ever made the bcs or playoff with one loss...nor will they likely ever.
If they had 4 teams in 2011, we would have.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
OU will not be left out this year, but I have no doubt Ohio State would jump us if we were in the exact same situation. Just the way it is and why college football is a sham.

Nov 18, 2011
13 penalties for 130 yards vs 5 for 60. Can’t say the Big 12 didn’t do their part to get a team in the playoffs.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I wonder if Gundy gets as pissed as I do seeing ou win another Big 12 championship and most likely in the playoff again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why should he be pissed? He is the captain of this ship and the results are his to own be they good, bad or somewhere in the middle. I would guarantee he would be glad to take the accolades (and probably demand a raise) if the Pokes ever got there.