Big 12 Championship game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2011
Apparently the Big 10 officials did not get the same memo as the B12 did. Zero penalties on Northwestern through 3 quarters with every close or questionable call going their way. B10 doesn’t want that playoff spot.

Nov 18, 2011
Georgia blew their chance, Ohio State needed a blowout but looks like they’ll be lucky to win. Unfortunately ou is going to luck their way in again. Blah! Let’s hope Saban and Bama have something good in store for them.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
So Clemson is playing a 7-5 Pitt team in the ACC championship? What kind of POS conference is the ACC?
Well, now that Florida State is down, and UNC kinda fizzled out after looking like they were on the rise, there’s nobody left to make it very competitive. Though, Syracuse looks promising.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Herbstreit has Bama, Clem, UGA, and ND. Leaving out ou and tOSU...that would be hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are just stirring up controversy and trying to get people in a tizzy so everyone will tune into their stupid selection show tomorrow. UGA getting in over OU isn't going to happen. I don't give a crap how bad people say OU's defense is. Meanwhile their offense is the best. Their only loss is by 3 points to Texas. Ohio State and UGA both had bad double digits losses by mediocre teams. I'm the last person to want to stick up for OU, but they deserve to get in over those other 2 teams. Also, I'd like to see them get butt humped by Bama.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Herbstreit has Bama, Clem, UGA, and ND

Yeah sure Herbie.

A TWO loss Georgia ain't getting in over ou or Ohio st.

Herbie is using his infamous "Eye Test" crap.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I’d enjoy Bama rolling up ou too but if we all think that will happen, why put them in? I don’t see ou hanging with Bama or Clemson.

Because they are a one loss (by only 3 points) team with a conference championship. They at least deserve the spot. UGA has 2 losses and one of those losses was by 20 points to LSU. It would be a freaking crime to put a 2 loss team in over 2 other one loss teams who both won their conference.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I’d enjoy Bama rolling up ou too but if we all think that will happen, why put them in? I don’t see ou hanging with Bama or Clemson.

I do unfortunately. Riley will give Saban fits. He will spread the ball and cause hell for their defense. Their dominant line won’t have time to stop them because the ball will be coming out quick

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
And neither does Ohio State. But of course, Kirk Herbstreit will do everything possible to make sure they get “looked at very closely”.
Herbie isn’t a homer... if you watched the ACC CCG the whole 2nd half he was advocating UGA get the 4th spot.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
UT played them pretty well for the most part. Too many stupid penalties and bad CB play.
I actually thought ou would run them out of town, but the spread wasn't big until late.

The Longhorns are just a few smarter players away from being "back". I do think their coaching is in place and of course, they'll have some easy pickings when it comes to recruits, which makes me think that Gundy REALLY DOES have to pick it up on the recruiting thing.
He needs to embrace the culture of winning as well as being a nice kid.

It makes me sick that ou has won 4 Big 12 conference titles in a row. We need to be a hell of a lot more competitive in the conference or we're going to be nothing more than a mediocre program like aTm, Missou, TCU and the like,, because UT is going to start putting more pressure on the goons.
We need to be doing that, too.

And I want to see ou play Bama. Let's just see how Murray stacks up against the best.
As much as I hate to say it, ou is carrying the Big 12 on Murray's ability.
We know Big 12 defenses suck, but can Bama be beaten by shear scoring power alone?

I can honestly say I'd rather see ou in the CFP than tOSU or Notre Feankin' Dame.
UGA should be out. They lost. None of this "Eye Test" BS from Herbstreit getting tOSU or UGA into the CFP.

UCF deserves a shot, but they won't get it again.

Nov 18, 2011
Ou in the playoff will end up embarrassing the B12. Their offense has been slowed against Texas “good” D twice that is ranked 94th nationally. Ou D will continue to get rolled and Murray will find things much tougher with not just a step up, about 4 steps up, with a top 10 Defense. All of the sudden he’s going to get pressure, with guys that can run him down and DBs that will stay with the receivers. Not to mention, they aren’t going to get the 13 penalties for 130 yards they were benefiting from in B12.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Ou in the playoff will end up embarrassing the B12. Their offense has been slowed against Texas “good” D twice that is ranked 94th nationally. Ou D will continue to get rolled and Murray will find things much tougher with not just a step up, about 4 steps up, with a top 10 Defense. All of the sudden he’s going to get pressure, with guys that can run him down and DBs that will stay with the receivers. Not to mention, they aren’t going to get the 13 penalties for 130 yards they were benefiting from in B12.
Hey, wait a minute. Wasn’t it their dismal defense that put a stake in our hearts during the final seconds of Bedlam. Lol!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
UT played them pretty well for the most part. Too many stupid penalties and bad CB play.
I actually thought ou would run them out of town, but the spread wasn't big until late.

The Longhorns are just a few smarter players away from being "back". I do think their coaching is in place and of course, they'll have some easy pickings when it comes to recruits, which makes me think that Gundy REALLY DOES have to pick it up on the recruiting thing.
He needs to embrace the culture of winning as well as being a nice kid.

It makes me sick that ou has won 4 Big 12 conference titles in a row. We need to be a hell of a lot more competitive in the conference or we're going to be nothing more than a mediocre program like aTm, Missou, TCU and the like,, because UT is going to start putting more pressure on the goons.
We need to be doing that, too.

And I want to see ou play Bama. Let's just see how Murray stacks up against the best.
As much as I hate to say it, ou is carrying the Big 12 on Murray's ability.
We know Big 12 defenses suck, but can Bama be beaten by shear scoring power alone?

I can honestly say I'd rather see ou in the CFP than tOSU or Notre Feankin' Dame.
UGA should be out. They lost. None of this "Eye Test" BS from Herbstreit getting tOSU or UGA into the CFP.

UCF deserves a shot, but they won't get it again.
UCF DOES NOT DESERVE A SHOT, not in a 4 team playoff. 8 team playoff, sure, but not in a 4 team. Not even close, or a discussion.