1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Big 12 Media preseason poll 

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by CasperPoke11, Jul 13, 2017.

1. CasperPoke11

CasperPoke11 The Car'a'carn
    Staff A/V Subscriber

• Like Like x 1
  2. Okcpokefan

Okcpokefan Sheriff

I expected OU to top the list...even though I'm picking the pokes. :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

I have WVU and TCU ahead of Texas until they prove otherwise...even though I think UT will be improved.

My early picks:

Oklahoma State
    Oklahoma
    K-State
    West Virginia
    TCU
    Texas
    Baylor
    Iowa State
    Texas Tech
    Kansas

3. fathermark46

fathermark46 Wrangler

All too predictable. I agree Texas is getting a lot of love. I'm not sure they deserve it

4. CampusCowboy

CampusCowboy Federal Marshal

1. OU - Deserve to be here until we can beat Mayfield.
    2. OSU - Even though I think we have the better team. Lost to OU before with the better team. Time to prove them wrong.
    3. KSU - Bill S. teams are always good with a returning QB.
    4. WVU - They scare me if Will Grier gets that offense going.
    5. Texas - Herman will at least improve their offense.
    6. TCU - They were pretty awful last year, but should bounce back.
    7. Iowa State - Surprise team, Lazard is for real.
    8. Texas Tech - Will still put up points.
    9. Baylor - Too many off the field distractions and one more year removed from those good recruits.
    10. Kansas - Better, but still not out of the cellar.

5. OSU1994

OSU1994 Deputy

not stunned we are second, stunned it was this close. OU is the very heavy favorite against all Big12 teams. We are the closest of those teams on paper, but Gundy has to prove he can coach his best in that game. OU's o-line looks very dominant, which should allow skill players to develop and their O could become very scary.

First, we have to position ourselves by going one game at a time. Then it is simple: beat OU or fade to mediocrity.

Gundy is capable, but he cannot do the same thing and expect different results.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

I don't agree...I'm not at all surprised that the margin is close and don't think OU will even get to the title game this year. Others obviously feel this way as someone rated KSU first. I also think that the title game will come down to OSU and KSU with OSU winning outright.

OU has a great o-line but they lost two of the top five running backs in the nation last year and the girl face breaker has been our undoing the past two bedlam games. His absence will be a HUGE deal and they won't be able to replace him...Westbrook also being going is a double whammy. I'm sure they have very good to great skill players in the wings but replacing that much skill and your head coach in the same year will prove to be too much for the sooners. I'm actually surprised that more media didn't pick us first..

• Like Like x 1
  7. bixbyosu

bixbyosu Deputy

I would think most OSU fans would have been surprised OSU to be picked over OU.

8. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

I think being positioned as a #2 in conference can be used as motivation. Especially with the talent and caliber of team we will have next year.

9. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

I know Gundy doesn't pay attention to much of the noise out there about predictions and such, but I wonder how much he does get exposed to.

Despite the angry posts on here about Bedlam I think it's safe to say Gundy is a very competitive guy and does not like losing that game. You can't hardly read or listen to anything preseason without hearing the same old conventional wisdom that we are good, but OU deserves to be #1 because it is expected Gundy will again hide under his bed on game day.

I just wonder how much of that he hears and how much it bothers him.

• Like Like x 1