Big 12 Realignment thread, 2021 version

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What conference would you like to see OSU join?

• ACC

• Big Ten

• PAC-12

• Expanded Big 12

• Other (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
From a brand and ticket sales standpoint the B10 is the best conf. Imagine teams like michigan, ohio state, penn state coming to BPS. Also even trips to chicago to play northwestern. Its B10, ACC, P12 in that order for me!

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
It’s crazy to me the lack of authority the NCAA has over conferences. If the NCAA had the ability, they should move to a system like the Premier League. Relegate the weak teams to a lower league, promote up and coming teams. Total rework of this existing crap system.

I wouldn’t wiz on a sooner or whorn if they were on fire at the moment, but you can’t blame them for trying to protect themselves within the framework of the NCAA’s broken system. After this “acquisition” of TX and uO, the SEC will have even more critical mass to bully everyone else around. It’s not going to stop here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
As long as we’re all pipe dreaming here I’ll chime in…

If we move to Big10 then I already can’t wait for Illini MBB to come to Stilly and being part of the “Welcome back Underwelm” reception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
From a brand and ticket sales standpoint the B10 is the best conf. Imagine teams like michigan, ohio state, penn state coming to BPS. Also even trips to chicago to play northwestern. Its B10, ACC, P12 in that order for me!
And this more than any other reason is why I understand the Texas/ou decision to move. Our conference plays really good football, I'm completely convinced we're underrated, but the locations/teams are boring. Can you imagine OSU having a chance to play in the Rose Bowl?? Holy cow, that would be awesome. Just like Ohio State or Michigan coming to Stillwater once in a while would be. There is just nothing like that from an excitement standpoint in the big XII, with or without texas and ou.

Nov 6, 2010
Well one benefit is that we’re wayyyyyy closer to Texas metros than Nebraska

also - Oklahoma HS football has gotten so much better lately. We’ve been pulling a lot of studs right from our own state. Nebraska does not have a lot in their own state.
There is a lot of truth to this. I'm not sure it can ever make up for the numbers game, but maybe ou will be a little less interested in OK kids when they start being able to recruit SEC country. That LB/DE they flipped from Ada or wherever it was a couple years ago comes to mind. Maybe they don't offer him if they're in on a GA or Fla kid they like a little better. I'll gladly take our chances in the B1G if there is any possibility of that happening. Hell, playing Nebraska every year again is enough to sell me on the deal.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
And this more than any other reason is why I understand the Texas/ou decision to move. Our conference plays really good football, I'm completely convinced we're underrated, but the locations/teams are boring. Can you imagine OSU having a chance to play in the Rose Bowl?? Holy cow, that would be awesome. Just like Ohio State or Michigan coming to Stillwater once in a while would be. There is just nothing like that from an excitement standpoint in the big XII, with or without texas and ou.
i agree. I understand the move. I just think the way it was done in such secrecy was foul. I think bringing teams like that to stillwater will help grow the fanbase. Arizona and arizona state and ucla won’t move the needle. Oregon and USC are nice but they dont compare even to bringing in penn state.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
1. WATCH TOM LASSO ON APPLE
I guarantee it’s based on Gundy.

2. The rest of the conferences are tired of SEC.

THIS WILL BE THE FUTURE

SEC becomes the premier league. Feeder and farmer to the NFL.

They will expand to 24 teams.

They will only play each other.

The ncaa will cover everyone else. Pure amateur football. The worst SEC team will be kicked out every year. The best team from the rest will take their spot. And we all get what we want.

I’m going to pour another one.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
1. WATCH TOM LASSO ON APPLE
I guarantee it’s based on Gundy.

2. The rest of the conferences are tired of SEC.

THIS WILL BE THE FUTURE

SEC becomes the premier league. Feeder and farmer to the NFL.

They will expand to 24 teams.

They will only play each other.

The ncaa will cover everyone else. Pure amateur football. The worst SEC team will be kicked out every year. The best team from the rest will take their spot. And we all get what we want.

I’m going to pour another one.
TED! Ted f’in Lasso.

Plus, he doesn’t remind me in the least of Gundy. Who is of course, at his core, a huge fucking asshole. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Kind of preferred when it comes to football coaches.

Also, go home you’re drunk.