Boise state/Game a thread combined

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Gundy is 70-0 when holding the opponent to less than 20 pts. Let that sink in.

Sometimes running the ball and using field position (i.e. 3 punts inside the 16) is needed to keep them to less than 20 at the sacrifice of being explosive on offense and scoring points.
How many of those games were against opponents ranked in the top 25 at the end of the season (the only ranking that actually matters)?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
My guess is at the time game was played. Easier stat to keep track of.
I understand its easier, but final rankings are more indicative of the quality of teams we played/beat. And it works both ways. Some teams that we played while unranked or ranked lower are ranked higher by season's end.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
My guess is at the time game was played. Easier stat to keep track of.
I understand its easier, but final rankings are more indicative of the quality of teams we played/beat. And it works both ways. Some teams that we played while unranked or ranked lower are ranked higher by season's end.
On the other hand, losing, say, a starting quarterback can cause a season to tank in a hurry. Also, one of the things that causes their Rating to drop, and this should be obvious, is using beating them. Rating at the time we played them is relevant.

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I see us really struggling this year. Sure defense wins championships. but if they are on the field 75% of the game while your offense goes 3 and out they won't be considered 'championship level' You have got to be able to chew clock with your offense even if it is boring and score SOME points. So far we haven't been able to score and thats even against subpar opponents. If we get our run game going I think we will be fine but sputtering along with basically zero offense is not going to get us far in the Big 12.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
They’re stubborn too...but come to think of it, so am I.

I bitch a lot about the coaching...and refs...and lack of grilleronies...it’s a hobby....
This year, it’s the frickin’ Indian Frybread Tacos. Game 1, they ran out before kickoff. Game 2, they ran out before halftime. Keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday.
Chick-fil-A was totally unprepared for the Tulsa game. Ran out of sandwiches about midway through the 2nd quarter.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Chick-fil-A was totally unprepared for the Tulsa game. Ran out of sandwiches about midway through the 2nd quarter.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I just don’t understand walking away from easy money like that. Maybe in game 1, but they should have been ready by game 2. 11am game means most fans are eating lunch from those vendors.