Bring Doug Home

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Should we hire Doug Gottlieb to be the next head coach of the Oklahoma State MBB program?

• Yes - bring Doug home!

Votes: 204 65.6%
  • No - he doesn't have the necessary experience

Votes: 107 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2013
Missouri
So with situation that is going on I think it's time to talk to Doug and while we are at we also need to get rid of Holder.

Holder has cause a great program to fall under the rocks, how in the world can this happen I mean its insane to see what is happening.

Bring Doug Home!!!!!

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
So with situation that is going on I think it's time to talk to Doug and while we are at we also need to get rid of Holder.

Holder has cause a great program to fall under the rocks, how in the world can this happen I mean its insane to see what is happening.

Bring Doug Home!!!!!
Love Doug, but hiring him is admitting we are a 2nd rate program

Oct 30, 2007
I said the same thing last year and I'll say it again. I would love to see Doug Gottlieb or Desmond Mason as our head coach some day, but not until they devote their lives to coaching and prove they deserve the job. There's no way we should hire someone completely unproven over a coach like Archie Miller just because they're an alum and they love their alma-mater.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Unbelievable BS from Underwood.
He just shoved a big, red hot poker up our program. What a freakin' putz?!
To leave after one year?! WTF?!
I thought KSU may have a shot at him, but Illinois?!

Doug Gottlieb and Desmond Mason are not the answer.
We need to go after the Wichita State coach and go hard.

Sep 8, 2007
I said the same thing last year and I'll say it again. I would love to see Doug Gottlieb or Desmond Mason as our head coach some day, but not until they devote their lives to coaching and prove they deserve the job. There's no way we should hire someone completely unproven over a coach like Archie Miller just because they're an alum and they love their alma-mater.
Let's not act like the OSU men's basketball program is more prestigious than the presidency of this great country. It's 2017, roll the dice.

I'd bet that Gottlieb will get bigger crowds than Brad did.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Let's not act like the OSU men's basketball program is more prestigious than the presidency of this great country. It's 2017, roll the dice.

Only if he wins.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
We might not have any other choice.
Loser mentality of old surfaces once again within low expectations.
Look. Doug comes in without an experience and sucks, then we will castrate a great fan and bad hire as a coach. Anyone remember Sean Sutton?!
Screw that. We're a good program that will find a better coach than Underwood.
We've had some bad hires since Eddie. This has to end and Holder has to come up with some gold or he needs to take some thanks for what he's done in the past and let some new talent take over.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2005
Edmond, OK

Why

I'd bet that Gottlieb will get bigger crowds than Brad did.[/QUOTE Why is Gottlieb even mentioned? If he wanted to be a coach...he would be one now!! If his only coaching goal is OSU and he doesn't know he has to prove his worth as a coach first, then he doesn't have the intelligence or awareness to be worthy of being the OSU coach.

Oct 30, 2007

Why did you :poo: on my post if you agree with me?

Jan 19, 2012
Okay City

I respectfully disagree...respectfully.

Jun 14, 2011
Why did you :poo: on my post if you agree with me?
Because he is an asshat who does that to well written and logical posts. I ignored him b/c he rarely brings anything positive to the table, venturing into Ruthtard territory.

Bring Doug in as an assistant if he is open to that, but certainly not head coach with no experience. Damn, this situation blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.