Call of Duty: Black Ops

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Lafferty Daniel

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
May 18, 2008
Oklahoma City
Pretty awesome so far. I haven't touched the campaign or zombies yet, but the multiplayer is so much better than MW2 it's not even close. The maps are better, it takes longer to kill someone (which I like), the new game types are AWESOME. My favorite is the gun game (you start out with pistol and move up to a different gun after every kill, first one to kill someone with all the guns wins). Also, the killstreaks are more balanced. First, one killstreak doesn't count towards the other. For instance, if you get three kills, then kill someone with the RC car (a reward for three kills in a row), that doesn't count as your fourth kill in a row. This makes it harder on the "campers" to rack up kills so they can eventually get to the chopper gunner, etc. I love it.

It is also the most in depth multiplayer.....ever. There are so many ways to customize your guns, killstreaks, perks, etc. Also, the leaderboards are more in depth and you can sort by each game type. You also have to buy your upgrades, new guns, killstreaks. I like this aspect too.

So far, it's pretty damn good!

Oct 6, 2009
Pretty awesome so far. I haven't touched the campaign or zombies yet, but the multiplayer is so much better than MW2 it's not even close. The maps are better, it takes longer to kill someone (which I like), the new game types are AWESOME. My favorite is the gun game (you start out with pistol and move up to a different gun after every kill, first one to kill someone with all the guns wins). Also, the killstreaks are more balanced. First, one killstreak doesn't count towards the other. For instance, if you get three kills, then kill someone with the RC car (a reward for three kills in a row), that doesn't count as your fourth kill in a row. This makes it harder on the "campers" to rack up kills so they can eventually get to the chopper gunner, etc. I love it.

It is also the most in depth multiplayer.....ever. There are so many ways to customize your guns, killstreaks, perks, etc. Also, the leaderboards are more in depth and you can sort by each game type. You also have to buy your upgrades, new guns, killstreaks. I like this aspect too.

So far, it's pretty damn good!
ProV,

Since it's Treyarch, does the multiplayer have a similar "feel" of COD: World at War?

Lafferty Daniel

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
May 18, 2008
Oklahoma City
ProV,

Since it's Treyarch, does the multiplayer have a similar "feel" of COD: World at War?
No. Not at all. I didn't like WaW. I think because of the "feel" to it. I wasn't crazy about it. This one obviously has a different feel to it, mostly due to the different fonts that are used (like for the "Match begins in:" that plays before each match).

I think I understand what "feel" you're talking about. Like how WaW seemed wimpy. When you would shoot it wasn't very powerful, at least it seemed that way.

And it doesn't seem like Treyarch produced it. I mean that in a way that before, Treyarch COD games were kind of crappy. They didn't seemed very polished. This one is. At least everything that I've played so far is.

There was some issue with the servers (mainly a little lag) but that is to be expected on the first day with so many people playing and trying to work out the bugs. Other than that, everything so far is good!

pokelahoman

Keeper of the Cursive Script
Aug 31, 2009
Edmond
I've been wrecking fools in multi-player. My K/D ratio is 1.62.
Haha nice. I am getting it tomorrow. I usually struggle on multiplayer for a day or so but I practiced up on MW2 a little last week and did well, so I hope that helps. We need to get some Orangepower teams going against some people sometime.