Chelsea Clinton Claims Aborting 60 Million Babies Since Roe “Added $3.5 Trillion to Our Economy”

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Will we recognize our country a few years down the road if this is the path we're on?
I hope so.... and I hope it looks a whole lot more like the country that we were intended to be (self governing) and less like the country we now see that has become unmoored from our Constitution and is nothing more than the 4 branches of government fighting over who can take more of our money from us.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
God help me I've fallen into a conservative talking point!
racial prejudice was a settled decision by the supreme court.

Plessy v. Ferguson, 163 U.S. 537 (1896), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court issued in 1896. It upheld the constitutionality of racial segregation laws for public facilities as long as the segregated facilities were equal in quality – a doctrine that came to be known as "separate but equal".

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
racial prejudice was a settled decision by the supreme court.

Plessy v. Ferguson, 163 U.S. 537 (1896), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court issued in 1896. It upheld the constitutionality of racial segregation laws for public facilities as long as the segregated facilities were equal in quality – a doctrine that came to be known as "separate but equal".
Groovy

Jul 20, 2018
There are far far far more than two exceptions and who are you to make up "rules" for who contributes and who doesn't based on their parents? Overcoming bad odds is the very thing that drives much of our excellence. Take away bad odds and sometimes you take away excellence as well.
Exactly. Some of the most successful people in this world had horrible upbringings.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Nelson Mandela as well. We could go on all day....and name a ton of successful people who were "unwanted" by their parents and or adopted.
oh gee... my bad.... when he posted Bill Clinton as a response to the post with "when it come to the history of humanity I will agree that there is always going to be an exception to every rule"

my mind took me in a different tangent - (i.e., Bill Clinton is an example of an exception to history of humanity").

gulp... blushing

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Of course neither scenario is desirable and I don't think anybody likes either, but they happen. And now people want to shame them for either of these decisions, and also slutshame them for having sex outside of marriage. Yes, it is awesome for a woman to take the hard road through that mistake, but it's a road we, as men, don't ever have to know, so we shouldn't blame them if they don't choose it.
I don't want to shame anybody, simply instill a sense of personal responsibility to use birth control......I think education and encouragement would work a lot better than shaming to reach such a goal. It would also help if celebrities would quit parading around in shirts that say how cool abortion is and the left would quit treating it as a perfectly acceptable form a birth control.
Me being male doesn't make my opinion on the topic matter any less.....in fact I think men should also take responsibility for BC (either ask or bring your own) and those that don't and then walk on a girl are the ones who should be shamed.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From Babylon Bee:

Chelsea Clinton Claims Holocaust Added $3.5 Trillion To German Economy
August 16, 2018

NEW YORK, NY—In a speech delivered at a pro-choice fundraiser, Chelsea Clinton claimed that the Holocaust added $3.5 trillion to the German economy.

“Think about all the impoverished people that the Third Reich was able to rid themselves of,” she said. “Holocaust rights have always been first and foremost about economic rights.”

She pointed out that all the family members of the “undesirables” killed by Hitler were then able to contribute to the war effort rather than take care of their burdensome family members. “It’s not a disconnected fact that once the mass murder of people who were dragging down otherwise productive contributors to the economy was legalized, trillions were added to the German war machine.”

Clinton also claimed that economies are always helped by things like war, genocide, and natural disaster.

“Every person killed, every building destroyed, every window broken is another dollar added to the GDP,” she said. “That’s what my mom and dad taught me anyway.”

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
From Babylon Bee:

Chelsea Clinton Claims Holocaust Added $3.5 Trillion To German Economy
August 16, 2018

“Every person killed, every building destroyed, every window broken is another dollar added to the GDP,” she said. “That’s what my mom and dad taught me anyway.”
Here's her "draft version":

“Every person killed, every building destroyed, every window broken is another dollar added to the Clinton Foundation (GDP),” she said. “That’s what Haiti (my mom and dad) taught me anyway.”

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Those are voters being aborted, and since the majority are African American, the majority of those being aborted would vote Democrat.
This is why I don't understand why conservatives want Roe vs Wade overturned. I mean the last thing the RIGHT wants is more poor black democrats running around.

Pick your poison conservatives... Black or Hispanic.
Those are human lives being murdered. That's how most pro life people see it.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I don't want to shame anybody, simply instill a sense of personal responsibility to use birth control......I think education and encouragement would work a lot better than shaming to reach such a goal. It would also help if celebrities would quit parading around in shirts that say how cool abortion is and the left would quit treating it as a perfectly acceptable form a birth control.
Me being male doesn't make my opinion on the topic matter any less.....in fact I think men should also take responsibility for BC (either ask or bring your own) and those that don't and then walk on a girl are the ones who should be shamed.
Difficult to imagine we live in a country that sees abortion (the killing of a unborn human baby) as a means for birth control.

I can understand some limited reasons for abortion, but as an acceptable and encouraged form of birth control? At some point in our future will it be seen as barbaric?

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Those who have a different view, please understand that pro lifers are such with primarily pure motives...it's not political or wanting to control, it's purely a desire to protect life, and it's in ALL our best interest...even, and especially, the mothers. Love is the answer, but it cost money, time, and effort. We tend to be cheap, selfish, and lazy, that's why abortion exist in the first place.

Expecting mothers who choose life should be paraded as the hero's they are in their schools, church's, and communities rather than vilified and ostracized. If we did this we could solve a lot of this issue without laws.
Then why don't pro-lifers look around the world and find the places with the lowest abortion rates and advocate policies that follow that success? If it was really PURELY a desire to protect life, they would see that legal status of abortion is not what protects life.
The countries that have the lowest rates mostly do not have illegal abortion nor do they parade mothers around as heroes. But, they do offer significant social support, access to birth control, and education.
In my experience with most prolifers, the goal is to make it illegal. I can't agree with your assessment although I wish it were true.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Then why don't pro-lifers look around the world and find the places with the lowest abortion rates and advocate policies that follow that success? If it was really PURELY a desire to protect life, they would see that legal status of abortion is not what protects life.
The countries that have the lowest rates mostly do not have illegal abortion nor do they parade mothers around as heroes. But, they do offer significant social support, access to birth control, and education.
In my experience with most prolifers, the goal is to make it illegal. I can't agree with your assessment although I wish it were true.
I don't have a problem with the idea of looking at countries that successfully reduce significantly and eliminate abortion, its a great idea. If it saves lives then we should all be for it and doing it...I agree that the legality of abortion isn't really the issue it's a heart and support issue. However, I do personally have an issue with those who celebrate their freedom of "choice" to kill their baby. I have to work on my attitude regarding those that celebrate that "freedom."

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I look at abortion as murder, so yes I believe it should be illegal. Ending an innocent life no matter where it's at is wrong. If you don't like my opinion that's fine. I'm not going to call you names about it and I'd hope you wouldn't call me names about it. I would like to know your opinions on this though:

https://twitter.com/prochoiceoregon/status/1030117982012301312