Chuba NFL bound

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Chuba was clearly hurt all year. I don't think he quit on anything. A 70% Chuba doesn't help him or the team. He should heal up for the combine and go put on a show.

He had one of the best seasons in Cowboy history and will represent our school in the NFL for years to come.

Good luck in the draft Chuba and Go Pokes!

Apr 7, 2006
All true, but for a fanbase that laughingly tries to claim to be the “best fans in the country”, maybe it doesn’t need to be hammered on every time his name is mentioned on social media 8 months later. And I fully expect that to continue for the rest of his life. Every time he stupidly comes back to a game and he’s shown on the Jumbotron, expect to hear boos. Lots of them drowning out the cheers. It’s over. Let it go. But they won’t.
You raise a good point. I would be beyond embarrassed if that were to ever happen. I'm afraid he's probably never going to have any relationship with OSU going forward after how things played out.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
wow i would love for the recruits to see how we talk about a young man who stood up for what he believes in, just because it doesnt line up with how you feel, doesn't mean it is wrong.
It doesn't mean he is wrong but it appears it affected his desire to play football for OSU, which in turn, rightfully affects how many will perceive him. Too bad he couldn't be loyal to two causes at once.

Apr 27, 2006
Have fun in the league kid. Loved seeing you here. Wish this year had been better but between the pandemic and injuries it wasn't meant to be.

Some of yall are really showing your @$$ with this kid. And I suspect other kids of his caliber are watching. If you don't have anything nice to say I suggest you don't say anything at all.
So only social justice warriors have a right to an opinion and the right to voice it?

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
20 year old kids make ultimatums on social media all of the time. Doesn’t mean that I a grown adult should attack them on social media.
there's a big difference than a 20 year old you or I making ultimatums on social media, and the face of a D1, top 20 football program, heisman candidate, future NFL draft pic making ultimatums on social media. he dug his grave and then had to lay in it. twas a stupid move on his part and I think he would tell you the same. now, how people reacted to said ultimatum - on social media? you would have to be blind, deaf and stupid to think it would have gone any other way............

edit to add: and I agree. no adult should attack anyone, much less a college kid, in a public forum (unless it's op.com and they something incredibly stupid ;)). unfortunately that's the way many people (from both sides of the isle) are now days...........

fortunately tho, the loud, overreacting type are a small minority, imo. but they are heard the most b/c they scream on social media sites and in the media the loudest and most often.....

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Guthrie, OK
Thank you Chuba!

I'm happy for the kid and look forward to watching yet another OSU RB tear it up in the NFL! I think that he learns to appreciate Stillwater as he gets to see more of the country. I think he stands for the right things and he will mature as he gets older. Okies aren't all that bad and his opinion carried a lot of sway with us; that won't be the case in an NFL market, most of which have awful rude fans.

It's a shame this year didn't go like 2019, with an equally awful OL. That was something. Sometimes I think OSU being overrated makes our games harder bc everyone else in the Big 12 circles our game.
He will go undrafted and end up playing in the CFL.
GET WOKE GO BROKE.

Nov 6, 2010
He’s now the Number 9 running back on Kipers Big Board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure why anyone pays attention to him anymore. Outside the top 5 or 10 picks, he is pretty much throwing darts at names. It will come down to what it always does, combine measurables and team needs/value placed on the RB position. I could see Chuba going anywhere from the 2nd round to the 6th.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Not sure why anyone pays attention to him anymore. Outside the top 5 or 10 picks, he is pretty much throwing darts at names. It will come down to what it always does, combine measurables and team needs/value placed on the RB position. I could see Chuba going anywhere from the 2nd round to the 6th.
I don't think 2nd round is realistic. I'm guessing 3rd round at best, and likely around 4-6.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
His blocking acumen makes him much lower than 2nd round. NFL guys do place a little value in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.