Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Once again, the frightening crazy stuff that paranoid conspiracy theorists put out against covid vaccines and masks largely explains why some people won't get vaccinated or resist masks. I don't think the government or mass media is doing a good job of debunking the nonsense. They seem to think it's best to largely ignore it.
Read an article today that Germany has a grass roots movement where people are starting to organize and protest against people, entities, companies etc that are spreading, supporting or allowing vaccine misinformation, conspiracies' etc to be distributed.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
But what about State Employees? How does a school keep the budget going like this? I think I saw that in the first week of State Employees being able to sub...135 out of 15K+ did across the state.
https://twitter.com/NewsOn6/status/1486341403751890947

Could it be the schools are finally using that covid money for something other than just administrative stuff?
If they have problem paying for the subs, just find an administrator who's job can be condensed among several other employees. Voila, instant money....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Could it be the schools are finally using that covid money for something other than just administrative stuff?
If they have problem paying for the subs, just find an administrator who's job can be concerned amount several other employees. Voila, instant money....

Oklahoma was allotted ~$2 Billion in CARES money. they convinced the Dept of Education to allow them to redistribute $498 Million of it to the state. Supposed to spend $1.4 Billion on education in the state and then other $498 million will allow them to spend on other thing sin the state.

The last update I saw said that $16 million in grants had been distributed to the schools ? I don't know where the rest is being spent ??

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-relea...dents-distributes-remaining-498-million-state

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Sort of related and pretty funny.

Spotify agrees to remove Neil Young's music following Joe Rogan vaccine misinformation complaints

Request granted.

Spotify said Wednesday it is working on removing rock legend Neil Young's music from the platform in response to his claims it spreads COVID-19 vaccine misinformation.

Young wrote an open letter on Monday to his manager Frank Gironda and Tom Corson, co-chairman and chief operating officer of Warner Bros. Records, demanding his classic collection of songs be pulled due to the disinformation and specifically called out Spotify's popular podcast host Joe Rogan.

"I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” Young said. "They can have (Joe) Rogan or Young. Not both."

Two days later, Spotify obliged.

Oct 29, 2016
US

Spotify agrees to remove Neil Young's music following Joe Rogan vaccine misinformation complaints

Request granted.

Spotify said Wednesday it is working on removing rock legend Neil Young's music from the platform in response to his claims it spreads COVID-19 vaccine misinformation.

Young wrote an open letter on Monday to his manager Frank Gironda and Tom Corson, co-chairman and chief operating officer of Warner Bros. Records, demanding his classic collection of songs be pulled due to the disinformation and specifically called out Spotify's popular podcast host Joe Rogan.

"I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” Young said. "They can have (Joe) Rogan or Young. Not both."

Regardless of anyone's opinion in the matter, I mean, most musicians on Spotify receive a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a penny for each stream. It's not like he's losing money, because Spotify's business structure robs most artists on their platform.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Request granted.

Regardless of anyone's opinion in the matter, I mean, most musicians on Spotify receive a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a penny for each stream. It's not like he's losing money, because Spotify's business structure robs most artists on their platform.
It's not that. It's the fact that he thinks he, Neil Young, has enough clout to make Spotify remove the most listened to podcast. He looks like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007

Request granted.

Joe Rogan has the most popular podcast on Spotify. He has a contract for over $100M with them. There's no way Neil Young was going to win this battle.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas

Request granted.

Well I hope Neil Young will remember
Spotify don't need him around anyhow

Sep 12, 2008
COVID CASES USA
526,893 JAN 27 2022
155,770 JAN 27 2021

DEATHS
3,082 JAN 27 2022
4,102 JAN 27 2021

I thought Oklahoma had peaked, but then we hit 13,428 new cases yesterday to blow that trend.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We already have basically over the counter Mary Jane based products...some can be highly addictive and bad for you...So, seriously, why have an issue with this? It's just another move toward freedom...it's not really a big deal, we have the information already...it's just up to us to decide what we want to believe? How is this any different than the MJ lobby at this time? In many place in Europe you can get all your med's, almost, without prescription. I bought a Zpac in Greece a few years back for like $3.50 in the drug store. Healed me up right away and enabled me to enjoy my vacation. No doctor...no problem was kind of there motto.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
...So, seriously, why have an issue with this? It's just another move toward freedom..
Have no issue with it. Just posted it as I thought it was an interesting topic and would drive further discussion.

Please don't assume I agree or disagree with anything I post. I post to drive conversation.

Cocaine, opium, marijuana, meth , and Heroin we ALL once over the counter drugs

Here are some drugs and when they became illegal in the US
Opium until 1875 in this country.
Meth was legal from 1893 to 1970
Peyote legal from 1920 to 1930..still legal on reservations for Native Americans
GHB (date rape drug) legal from 1980's until 2000
legal from 1950-1968 Shrooms
Ecstasy legal from 1912-1985

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Have no issue with it. Just posted it as I thought it was an interesting topic and would drive further discussion.

Please don't assume I agree or disagree with anything I post. I post to drive conversation.

Cocaine, opium, marijuana, meth , and Heroin we ALL once over the counter drugs

Here are some drugs and when they became illegal in the US
Opium until 1875 in this country.
Meth was legal from 1893 to 1970
Peyote legal from 1920 to 1930..still legal on reservations for Native Americans
GHB (date rape drug) legal from 1980's until 2000
legal from 1950-1968 Shrooms
Ecstasy legal from 1912-1985
Me too...I'm not sure if I agree or disagree but generally don't have as big an issue with over the counter availability as some others. Maybe I'm a bit more libertarian these days than in my past on access to medical products...some of that is good, some is bad (like overuse of Antibiotics perhaps draining immunity to other things), my issue is how much do governments need to protect society and how much is on the individual? That's always a question that goes back and forth and changes with the times.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So A GOP Senator hears a Rumor from a former NBA player and now that Senator is all bought in on it. Anyone else seen any of these 100-150 professional athletes drop dead in the middle of a game because they were vaccinated ??? WTAF??? :blink::blink::blink::blink::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Former NBA great John Stockton drew national attention earlier this week when he insisted in an interview that "there's 150 I believe now -- it's over 100 professional athletes dead, professional athletes, the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court."

On Wednesday, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson got in on the action in an interview with Charlie Kirk, the head of the conservative group Turning Point USA.

"We've heard story after story, I mean all these athletes dropping dead on the field," Johnson said. "But we're supposed to ignore that. Nothing happening here. Nothing to see. This is a travesty. This is a scandal."
Johnson's office offered no specifics to back up his claim Thursday. "The senator has been pressing for transparency in government, especially in our federal health agencies, so that the American people have as much information as possible before they make health care decisions for themselves and their families," a spokeswoman said.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/nationa...edium=social&utm_source=twitter_TWSportsExtra

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So A GOP Senator hears a Rumor from a former NBA player and now that Senator is all bought in on it. Anyone else seen any of these 100-150 professional athletes drop dead in the middle of a game because they were vaccinated ??? WTAF??? :blink::blink::blink::blink::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Former NBA great John Stockton drew national attention earlier this week when he insisted in an interview that "there's 150 I believe now -- it's over 100 professional athletes dead, professional athletes, the prime of their life, dropping dead that are vaccinated, right on the pitch, right on the field, right on the court."

On Wednesday, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson got in on the action in an interview with Charlie Kirk, the head of the conservative group Turning Point USA.

"We've heard story after story, I mean all these athletes dropping dead on the field," Johnson said. "But we're supposed to ignore that. Nothing happening here. Nothing to see. This is a travesty. This is a scandal."
Johnson's office offered no specifics to back up his claim Thursday. "The senator has been pressing for transparency in government, especially in our federal health agencies, so that the American people have as much information as possible before they make health care decisions for themselves and their families," a spokeswoman said.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/nationa...edium=social&utm_source=twitter_TWSportsExtra
Don't know the number, but most of them have been European soccer players that I've seen.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk