Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
:facepalm::facepalm: 13,000 people go to this church and they are telling everyone to bring a neighbor
“Let’s have multiple protests in many different cities with thousands of people“. Media response: “Great to see people expressing themselves”

“ Let’s occupy part of Portland and Seattle and bring in thousands of people in a city block”. Media response: “People are angry and are looking at peaceful ways of burning down police buildings”.

”Let’s have thousands of people together celebrating our election victory”. Media response: “People are just so happy to be given hope for the future”

But now..........
”Let’s have fellowship with others and break bread and give thanks at a church”. Media response: “Noooooooooo, this is irresponsible!”

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
“Let’s have multiple protests in many different cities with thousands of people“. Media response: “Great to see people expressing themselves”

“ Let’s occupy part of Portland and Seattle and bring in thousands of people in a city block”. Media response: “People are angry and are looking at peaceful ways of burning down police buildings”.

”Let’s have thousands of people together celebrating our election victory”. Media response: “People are just so happy to be given hope for the future”

But now..........
”Let’s have fellowship with others and break bread and give thanks at a church”. Media response: “Noooooooooo, this is irresponsible!”
Well make sure you factor in "Media Influence" on the number of Positive cases this will result in for Tulsa County.

I don't give a damn about the media. I just wish people would be responsible and this is VERY irresponsible. Especially happening 5 days before Thanksgiving so not only can they spread it at this event, but then spread it with their families as well. It is a disaster in the making.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

But now..........
Some of us don't give a damn what the media says and think that all of the instances above weren't/aren't appropriate.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Well make sure you factor in "Media Influence" on the number of Positive cases this will result in for Tulsa County.

I don't give a damn about the media. I just wish people would be responsible and this is VERY irresponsible. Especially happening 5 days before Thanksgiving so not only can they spread it at this event, but then spread it with their families as well. It is a disaster in the making.
Lol. Well apparently you and I are on the same page here since we both said the same thing at the same time nearly verbatim.

Mar 11, 2006
Gotta love people against feeding families and joining together in Christian fellowship, but stone cold silent with the thousands of incidents of people getting together for political reasons.
Blindspot noted.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Gotta love people against feeding families and joining together in Christian fellowship, but stone cold silent with the thousands of incidents of people getting together for political reasons.
Blindspot noted.
you can feed families and join in Christian Fellowship without asking your 13,000+ members to bring a friend to one location and doing it without masks or social distancing in the middle of a Global Pandemic.

Mar 11, 2006
you can feed families and join in Christian Fellowship without asking your 13,000+ members to bring a friend to one location and doing it without masks or social distancing in the middle of a Global Pandemic.
You can protest without getting together in a town square and block traffic due to thousands of people together.
You can celebrate your candidate winning without gathering together in thousands.

And if you think 13K people are attending a meal at the same time....then you aren’t paying attention.

Mar 11, 2006
So all those Trump rally's ??
Media already told us multiple times that Trump rally’s were SSE (super-spreader events). Hence my original post on this....the media is condenming events based on politics.
In Tulsa —- Trump had a rally and media claimed the increase in cases were due to rally. Completely ignoring the increase started two weeks prior to the Trump rally ....and that increase.alignEd with the George Floyd protests.

Shoot, we even had a city in California this summer put on their website that more people were allowed to attend political protests than attend church gatherings.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Blindspot noted.
I think a lot of it is with protestors they are all there on their on accord. You cannot point to one business or leader or organizer. They are not planned an encouraged really. It is a mob mentality.

If it is a political rally, sporting event, concert, business event, wedding, church service, etc. it is mostly a group of individuals planning and bringing in people for an organized event. So you clearly have someone in charge making bad decisions you can single out.

All that said I found a huge number of articles from MSM complaining about how the protests could spread COVID.

https://www.startribune.com/protest...n-minnesota-as-deaths-hit-new-high/570844542/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...r-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/?sh=7ff552e6e537

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Media already told us multiple times theses were SSE (super-spreader events). Hence my original post on this....the media is condenming events based on politics. Shoot, we even had a city in California this summer put on their website that more people were allowed to attend political protests than attend church gatherings.
so you are worried about what the media classifies these things and gives coverage about. Who cares? we need to be talking about ALL SSE. Like I pointed at with the church...and you responded with a rant about the media.

Call a SSE what it is and forget about the media

Mar 11, 2006
so you are worried about what the media classifies these things and gives coverage about. Who cares? we need to be talking about ALL SSE. Like I pointed at with the church...and you responded with a rant about the media.

Call a SSE what it is and forget about the media
I pointed out the obvious. There is an incredible amount of selective outrage. If government wants a goal of people not meeting together in large groups then everyone should be treated the same.
* You cannot: Say church gathering are limited to 20 and political protests to 1K (as a city in CA did)
* You cannot: Limit church gathering, but specifically prohibit contact tracing for political protests. As the state of New York did.

The distrust in government and the media grows when the dishonesty is so apparent. Yes, I am disappointed with our media and with others because they are incredibly inconsistent with the messaging on the virus. One cannot treat a public gathering differently because of a political viewpoint. But this is happening since the onset of COVID and especially since George Floyd. If you can’t see that you are willfully blind.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I pointed out the obvious. There is an incredible amount of selective outrage. If government wants a goal of people not meeting together in large groups then everyone should be treated the same.
* You cannot: Say church gathering are limited to 20 and political protests to 1K (as a city in CA did)
* You cannot: Limit church gathering, but specifically prohibit contact tracing for political protests. As the state of New York did.

The distrust in government and the media grows when the dishonesty is so apparent. Yes, I am disappointed with our media and with others because they are incredibly inconsistent with the messaging on the virus. One cannot treat a public gathering differently because of a political viewpoint. But this is happening since the onset of COVID and especially since George Floyd. If you can’t see that you are willfully blind.
You are 100% correct and hypocritical. I think some of it the media, I think there is fear in some civic leaders as to who they can call out and who they can’t.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

Nailed it. Acting like the BLM protests/riots didn't spread COVID but Trump rallies and church gatherings do is the height of hypocrisy. They BOTH DO.