Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
Yes, please specifically tell me how my sarcastic comment on the Catholic Church and its attempt to have a moral position on abortion while protecting sexual abusers for years has anything to do with teachers. Please, I'll wait. You can even use small words if you think that's all I'll be able to comprehend.
Your post here literally proves my comment about you using a very broad brush. If you can’t figure that out, then I can’t help you.

Are these words small enough for you?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I took the first vaccine on Monday, I had COVID in October. The vaccine has kicked my butt, I should have done the antibody test. My wife had COVID when I did as did my mom. They had no reactions
Interesting...hope you get to feeling better. Seems, from my very unscientific polling of friends, some folks who have had covid have also have had a bit more fierce reactions from the vaccine. Does anyone on the board know if this has been studied?

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
Your post here literally proves my comment about you using a very broad brush. If you can’t figure that out, then I can’t help you.

Are these words small enough for you?
Yes, you have made it perfectly clear you cannot clearly elaborate how my comment could be construed as using a broad brush. As I knew my comment wasn't broad brush, I knew you couldn't possibly provide a justification for why it was.

Thanks for playing.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Got my appt scheduled for dose 1. If you haven't seen yet, Chickasaw nation extended their vaccine eligibility to ALL educators (child care, elementary/middle/high, college, vocational, etc.) and their family members (age appropriate) regardless of tribal status. My wife got her 1st dose this morning through her school district but they only offered to employees.

I know I'm "skipping the line" by doing this since I'm technically phase 3 but I feel I deserve a pass with our newborn due in less than 2 weeks... If it weren't for that I would have just waited until my phase was active.
You are not "skipping the line" you are doing exactly as the tribe is asking. This is the same for other native nations as well...frankly I'm happy to see it, IMHO the old line thing needs to be gone since we are so far along in this now. We are getting this done far faster than many naysayers in our society thought possible. Good to see, this SHOULD and WILL help to end the pandemic in much shorter order than otherwise.

Mar 11, 2006
It's almost like it doesn't matter the efforts that were done, most states have all averaged out to be about the same on the graphs. Except of course New York, Pennsylvania, and Michigan that we know all have had large numbers of nursing home deaths because of bad practices.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I saw Beto's tweet yesterday stating that "A death warrant for Texans" after Gov Abbott ended the statewide mask mandate. Beto also tweeted that "Abbott is killing the people of Texas".

I don't think it is being anti-mask to state that if I was a betting man that I would bet that Texas will NOT experience any significant statistical change for Covid cases and deaths over the next several months, compared to other states, due to the removal of the mask mandate. Now what will hurt Texas is if they continue languishing behind other states in vaccines roll-out.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I saw Beto's tweet yesterday stating that "A death warrant for Texans" after Gov Abbott ended the statewide mask mandate. Beto also tweeted that "Abbott is killing the people of Texas".

I don't think it is being anti-mask to state that if I was a betting man that I would bet that Texas will NOT experience any significant statistical change for Covid cases and deaths over the next several months, compared to other states, due to the removal of the mask mandate. Now what will hurt Texas is if they continue languishing behind other states in vaccines roll-out.
I have my reservations about how Abbot is proceeding with this. I think having a vaccine available to everyone approved for it would be ideal but can understand how a scaled approach along with masking would be seen as appropriate until Texas or any other state gets there.

But holy hyperbole batman! That's a pretty wild response by Beto. Calmly asking the governor to reconsider would be more appropriate.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
It's almost like it doesn't matter the efforts that were done, most states have all averaged out to be about the same on the graphs. Except of course New York, Pennsylvania, and Michigan that we know all have had large numbers of nursing home deaths because of bad practices.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Oh, no, it matters. Cuyahoga County (Cleveland) was going to be... bad... without mitigation. If you look at the scales they are not the same.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I took the first vaccine on Monday, I had COVID in October. The vaccine has kicked my butt, I should have done the antibody test. My wife had COVID when I did as did my mom. They had no reactions
My Brother In Law is a teacher and he and 4 other teachers went and got their first shot last Monday. They all took Moderna and all 5 of them were sick the next day. I got my first shot last Wend and wife got her first shot Thursday....we both got Pfizer and neither of us had any side effects.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
My Brother In Law is a teacher and he and 4 other teachers went and got their first shot last Monday. They all took Moderna and all 5 of them were sick the next day. I got my first shot last Wend and wife got her first shot Thursday....we both got Pfizer and neither of us had any side effects.
My wife got the Pfizer yesterday morning. Arm is sore, almost fell asleep during an online meeting yesterday (like when you're so tired that your eyes just want to roll back in your head and go to sleep) and then last night and this morning her entire body has been sore and achy. No fever at least. She's 38wks pregnant so all she can take is Tylenol, hoping that'll help.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
In my small sample size of study, it seems that Moderna has more side effects than Pfizer...any one heard of any studies on this?

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
My wife got the Pfizer yesterday morning. Arm is sore, almost fell asleep during an online meeting yesterday (like when you're so tired that your eyes just want to roll back in your head and go to sleep) and then last night and this morning her entire body has been sore and achy. No fever at least. She's 38wks pregnant so all she can take is Tylenol, hoping that'll help.
I didn't know it was approved for pregnant women. Wow.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
:blink::blink::facepalm::facepalm:

So Illegal immigrants are causing the COVID spread, but lets lift all mask mandates and restrictions? This guy is doing everything possible to try to take the heat off of himself over the Power Outage in Texas

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1367504021775335434

Mar 11, 2006

So Illegal immigrants are causing the COVID spread, but lets lift all mask mandates and restrictions? This guy is doing everything possible to try to take the heat off of himself over the Power Outage in Texas

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1367504021775335434
The article you linked confirms what Gov Abbott said was correct. It was a Telemundo story that reported the released illegal immigrants tested positive for Covid after being released. If Biden is going to call Abbott's stopping mask mandates "neanderthal thinking", it sounds very fair to call a policy of releasing illegal immigrants without first testing for Covid "neanderthal thinking" as well.

Remember, Abbott is not forcing people to not wear masks. Nor is he requiring people to not social distance.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The article you linked confirms what Gov Abbott said was correct. It was a Telemundo story that reported the released illegal immigrants tested positive for Covid after being released. If Biden is going to call Abbott's stopping mask mandates "neanderthal thinking", it sounds very fair to call a policy of releasing illegal immigrants without first testing for Covid "neanderthal thinking" as well.

Remember, Abbott is not forcing people to not wear masks. Nor is he requiring people to not social distance.
Interesting add to the topic. Here is ICE protocols for COVID for detainees. If they are following this, and a judge declared to release someone who is positive, then ICE should have immediately contacted the local health authorities and informed them.

It is of note that the Telemundo reporting is from the City of Brownsville Texas who started testing migrants on Jan 25th. However, ICE claims they have been testing migrants since Jun 2020

How does ICE screen new detainees for COVID-19?
Effective June 4, 2020, ICE tests all new detainees who arrive at ICE-owned facilities for COVID-19 during the intake screening process. ICE houses all new arrivals separately (cohorted) from the general population for 14 days after their arrival, and monitors them for symptoms. IHSC isolates detainees with COVID-19 symptoms and observes them for a specified period, in accordance with CDC guidance. New arrivals who have negative test results and remain symptom free can join the general detained population after the 14-day intake period. Detainees who test positive for COVID-19 receive appropriate medical care to manage the disease.
Updated 08/12/2020 2:45pm
Is ICE testing detainees for COVID-19 at ICE detention centers, or sending detainees somewhere for testing?
Detainees are being tested for COVID-19 in line with CDC guidance. In some cases, medical staff at ICE detention facilities are collecting specimens from ICE detainees for processing at a commercial or public health lab. In other cases,including when a detainee requires a higher level of care, they are sent to a local hospital and may be tested at the discretion of the treating provider at the hospital.
Updated 03/24/2020 2:15pm
Can detainees attend medical appointments?
Asymptomatic detainees in isolation can attend all appointments. Symptomatic detainees in isolation must wear a tight-fitting surgical mask to attend essential medical appointments. ICE also notifies the medical provider about the detainee’s status ahead of the appointment to coordinate care and protect staff and other patients.
Updated 03/15/2020 2:38pm
How does ICE mitigate the spread of COVID-19 within its detention facilities?
Detainees who meet CDC criteria for epidemiologic risk of exposure to COVID-19 are housed separately from the general population. ICE places detainees with fever and/or respiratory symptoms in a single medical housing room, or in a medical airborne infection isolation room specifically designed to contain biological agents, such as COVID-19. This prevents the spread of the agent to other individuals and the general public. ICE transports individuals with moderate to severe symptoms, or those who require higher levels of care or monitoring, to appropriate hospitals with expertise in high-risk care. Detainees who do not have fever or symptoms, but meet CDC criteria for epidemiologic risk, are housed separately in a single cell, or as a group, depending on available space.
ICE reviews CDC guidance daily and continues to update protocols to remain consistent with CDC guidance.
Updated 03/15/2020 2:38pm
Will someone who presents symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 be released from immigration custody?
ICE only has authority to detain individuals for immigration purposes. ICE cannot hold any detainee ordered released by a judge. If ICE must release an ill or isolated detainee, health staff immediately notify the local public health agencies to coordinate further monitoring, if required.
Updated 04/06/2020 1:27pm
Do ICE facilities have necessary sanitary products to help guard against the virus?
In addition to providing detainees with soap for the shower and hand soap for sink handwashing, ICE provides alcohol-based sanitizer in visitor entrances, exits, waiting areas and to staff and detainees in the secure setting whenever possible. ICE also provides soap and paper towels that are present in bathrooms and work areas within the facilities. Everyday cleaning supplies such as soap dispensers and paper towels are routinely checked and are available for use. Detainees are encouraged to communicate with local staff when additional hygiene supplies or products are needed.
Performance-Based National Detention Standards (PBNDS) 2008 and PBNDS 2011, require that facilities operating under these respective standards have written plans that address the management of communicable diseases, which should include isolation and management of detainees exposed to communicable diseases. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) remains the definitive source for information about how to protect individuals and reduce exposure to the virus, so ICE continues to encourage facilities to follow CDC guidelines as well as those of their state and local health departments.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

"Do they really need the state to tell them what they already know for their own personal behavior?" Abbott told CNBC.

As a Texan living in Texas who talks to lots of Texans... yes they really do. A friend in Houston mentioned people are planning mask-burning parties.

Mar 11, 2006
"Do they really need the state to tell them what they already know for their own personal behavior?" Abbott told CNBC.

As a Texan living in Texas who talks to lots of Texans... yes they really do.
Do you believe eliminating a state-wide mask mandate will cause a statistical jump in Covid-related deaths in Texas?

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Just remember, Oklahoma never implemented a statewide mask mandate and allowed each city to handle it on their own. The cities with mandates have been extending them despite the huge drop in cases and I expect people will continue to wear masks.