Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I wasn't trying to make an analogy that a flight is like fighting a pandemic, only providing an example of the reaction of the public to the actions of the people who know what they are doing. And, your analog takes it to falsehood. People have and will die from this complication. It isn't a simple pebble to be removed with no bad effects. Again, you are providing a perfect example of people trying to think their judgment is more logical than the knowledgable based on superficial information.

This isn't "questioning." You are making statements as if you have enough knowledge to make better judgments on the situation than the authorities do.
On a message board my statement is countered by yours and others and that is my point...I write something that is questioning the logic of something and you counter that...this is good communication and interaction. Your statement and others help us all to make better informed judgements, and perhaps change our pre conceived and stated ones. This is the reason I read and interact on this board. To hear and learn and form opinions based on these interactions. That is what I mean by those "questioning."

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
@ster
3.34 million doses a day pace and 192 million doses given in the USA! Get err done!
This is all good news, by any standard, thanks for the reminder.

We'll have to deal with the 'Clingers' crowd for awhile longer, clearly. By 'Clingers', I mean what I've said for awhile now. They'll cling to the 'we've got X number of cases!' message, while completely ignoring the hospitalization rates & death rates for these cases.

Also, as I've said earlier, they'll be with us for awhile & we'll have to deal with them & their hysteria.

****cue, all the others who will tell us that we don't know what we know, but also swear Fauci's word is God since his 'intentions were noble.' (insert wartime Generals here)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We will pass the millstone number of 200 Million doses given in the USA this week, even with J.J. paused. The world has given about 814 Million doses, with Israel, USA, UK, UAE, and several smaller island nations leading the way in terms of percentage of people with shots in arms. In shear numbers of vaccine given the USA leads the way with China right behind and India following them...then the UK, the EU (as a whole), and Brazil, then Turkey followed by Germany, Indonesia, France, Italy to make out the rest of the top 10 . We are going to get to a point quickly where we need to help the rest of the world on a larger scale. This will be key to opening up business and international travel more completely, and, of course, to limit the spread, reduce hospitalization and death from the virus.

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Context is key here gang.
Thanks a lot for making me watch 2 minutes of Tucker Carlson in order to have context. It didn’t change my mind. I’m not sure what context you want us to have. Do you find the tweet above to be misleading? If so, maybe you should stop speaking in vague statements that give... no context.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Thanks a lot for making me watch 2 minutes of Tucker Carlson in order to have context. It didn’t change my mind. I’m not sure what context you want us to have. Do you find the tweet above to be misleading? If so, maybe you should stop speaking in vague statements that give... no context.
2 minutes?? :facepalm:

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I'm not 100% on the legality of this. Can venues deny you access for medical decisions you've made (even if they are bad ones)? What about ones out of your control?
Yep. Anyone in a medical profession can attest to having to show vaccination (and even sufficient antibody) status in order to work or go to school. You might run into issues with ADA and whether there are "reasonable" accommodations, but especially with everyone expecting vaccines to be fully authorized this summer, there's a good chance this will be able to stand.