Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Saturday I attended a dinner meeting of approxiamtely 300 persons of all ages in a large confined barn like place. NOT ONE WAS WEARING A MASK! This suggests to me that this virus is going to around for a long time with plenty of time to mutate and become increasing hard to stop.
People weren't wearing a mask at dinner?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Add to what Governor Stitt said with the following...

You people who are hesitant regarding the vaccine, please get it done, or we might have to return to a state of emergency.

Stitt, who is scared of shots got his second shot over a month ago...what are you waiting for...there is a vaccine reserved for you.

Last edited:

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
COVID-19 deaths have plunged as more Oklahomans get vaccinated

Deaths in Oklahoma peaked in January, according to OSDH figures, with 1,563 deaths attributable to the coronavirus. The numbers in December, with about 1,500 deaths reported, were similarly dire.

But by February they began to plunge. Fewer than 520 deaths were reported that month, and the news got even better in March, when only about 140 deaths were reported to have occurred.

In the first 17 days of April, fewer than 20 deaths have been reported in the state.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Add to what Governor Stitt said with the following...

You people who are hesitant regarding the vaccine, please get it done, or we might have to return to a state of emergency.

Stitt, who is scared of shots got his second shot over a month ago...what are you waiting for...there is a vaccine reserved for you.
Get the vaccine now...and kill the virus to keep from mutating and coming back.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Does this mean no more daily situation reports?
Following the action from the governor, the Oklahoma State Department of Health Tuesday announced significant changes to how it will move forward with COVID-19 data reporting.

The department will no longer release its daily executive order report, which has kept tabs on hospitalizations, among other things. Some of the executive order report data will instead be released in the department’s daily update, while some will cease to be released.

The department will also “likely” stop releasing its Hospital Surge Tier Report, and will change its Alert Map. Active case calculation will be updated to 14 days post-specimen collection or symptom onset; the department will remove its “currently hospitalized” criteria that was part of the original calculation; and recovered cases will be removed from the state’s data dashboard.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Lots of schools in Oklahoma no longer are forcing their kids to wear mask. Where my wife works, which was never shut down with remote learning this entire year..accept for a few classes for two weeks here and there...ended their required masking of children on Monday. As vaccination goes up and cases go down masking of children will end...that is the “sound of inevitability.”

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Norman Public Schools is still enforcing masks which I don't have a huge issue with. The kids are use to them and there's only a couple weeks left until the year is over. I am just so thankful that they have very successfully held in-person learning this whole year.

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
So what in the heck happened to the numbers yesterday? City of Stillwater had been tracking in the low 90's of active cases for a few weeks (Positive results - deaths - recovered). Yesterday it dropped to 17. Was there a massive clean up of data?

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
So what in the heck happened to the numbers yesterday? City of Stillwater had been tracking in the low 90's of active cases for a few weeks (Positive results - deaths - recovered). Yesterday it dropped to 17. Was there a massive clean up of data?
I would think so. Active cases in Oklahoma went down by over 8,000 week over week. There are now only 2,354 known cases in the entire state which is approximately 1 in every 1,700 people.

COVID-19 Cases - Main Page

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Lots of schools in Oklahoma no longer are forcing their kids to wear mask. Where my wife works, which was never shut down with remote learning this entire year..accept for a few classes for two weeks here and there...ended their required masking of children on Monday. As vaccination goes up and cases go down masking of children will end...that is the “sound of inevitability.”
There are just a few weeks of school left. I’m not sure why one would lift the requirement now. Like Boomer said, they’re used to it. Just finish out the year and lift it for next semester. Oh well. Probably parents pitching fits. That’s been the case at our school.

And I simply meant that after Tucker told people to pitch a fit and call it child abuse, something like this (NJ school nurse suspended after pushing back on mask mandate, says it's ‘child abuse') would happen. Do you disagree with that? I thought that was a weird one for you to hit the snooze button.