Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I have a conspiracy theory for you to ponder.
Back up lights on new cars.....,
Who the heck decided it was a good idea to make them light up when a person turns off their car to get out. Normally just the running lights are on in older vehicles. Now the back up lights come on and stay on for a bit even after the driver has gone into the building.
~30% of all collisions in the US are rear end collisions. over 2 million wrecks per year. 2/3rds of these rear end collisions, as of the late 1990's, occurred after a driver had gotten out of their car. To improve safety of other drivers seeing a car that is NOT moving or where the driver has exited the vehicle the international bodies regulated that cars need to have some sort of lighting signal (especially on the highway) to warn other drivers behind the vehicle that the car is not moving and the driver is not in the car. This is why the reverse lights flash when you put the car into Park...to warn people behind you the car is no longer in gear or moving, and also the lights in the rear remain on for a brief period when you exist...long enough to warn drivers behind you the driver is no longer in that vehicle.
Except, half the time, you don't see the blink. You only see the lights after someone is already gone. Then you sit waiting for a spot that isn't opening up. Then you get frustrated at it and start to ignore it and then someone backs into you because they were backing out and you didn't stop.
Lol
It's actually just frustrating and I don't think it really helps in any way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Except no one was told to inject bleach or sunlight. Why would you of all people bring up something that was so easily debunked.

No one was told to, but I've had multiple people try to tell me that it was physically possible to deliver UV light to all 600 million alveoli or so because they read an article where UV light was used to clear an infected catheter. The mental gymnastics to try to prove Trump right were just plain insane.
Trump was literally just mentioning about therapies he'd heard about. How did that have any bearing on this, and why would you state it like he actually said to do it?

Seriously though, he said some dolly things, but all the lead the media told made it seem worse than it really was.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
https://twitter.com/seankent/status/1391987072924332033
Dem play book...
1. If you don't like someone, or their ideas, call them a Racist...If that doesn't work...call them a Racist...if that doesn't work...do it again....it's going to stick at some point and cause a riot to boot.:popcorn::popcorn:

Bottom line...get your shot and trash your mask! IF we all do it we can...

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Trump was literally just mentioning about therapies he'd heard about. How did that have any bearing on this, and why would you state it like he actually said to do it?

Seriously though, he said some dolly things, but all the lead the media told made it seem worse than it really was.

My literally opened with:
No one was told to
No one was told to
No one was told to
No one was told to
No one was told to

Why would you state it like I said Trump actually said to do it when I did not?

Trump didn't tell anyone to do any of those things, but that didn't stop the stupid. Trump literally had no business mentioning therapies he had heard about because he has no capacity for evaluating such things.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

My literally opened with:
No one was told to
No one was told to
No one was told to
No one was told to
No one was told to

Why would you state it like I said Trump actually said to do it when I did not?

Trump didn't tell anyone to do any of those things, but that didn't stop the stupid. Trump literally had no business mentioning therapies he had heard about because he has no capacity for evaluating such things.
Ok ok. Just playing with you... It's one of those days. Just look at my backup light post. Have a great day.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Oklahoma Dumps Its HCQ Stockpile
— State will get up to $2.6 million refund

by Kristina Fiore, Director of Enterprise & Investigative Reporting, MedPage Today May 11, 2021

https://www.medpagetoday.com/specia...1221&utm_term=NL_Gen_Int_InvestigateMD_Active

Oklahoma will get a refund for its unused stockpile of hydroxychloroquine, the state's attorney general announced.
The state reached an agreement with supplier FFF Enterprises of California to get back the "full purchase price paid" for the drug in April 2020.
"When it was determined the drug wasn't effective in combatting the virus, they did the right thing by refunding our money," said State Attorney General Mike Hunter (R), in a statement.

According to the official agreement, FFF Enterprises procured a supply of 100-count bottles of 200-mg hydroxychloroquine tablets from importer Rising Pharma on April 7, 2020, at the request of the Oklahoma Department of Health.
The cost was $202.32 per bottle, which then rose to $218.50 per bottle as it was sold to the health department through Beggs Pharmacy, according to the agreement.
The department ordered 12,000 bottles for a total price of $2.62 million -- and state officials have alleged that price was excessive. In addition, the health department said at the time it was acting on the fact that the FDA had issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for hydroxychloroquine in late March 2020.
After studies found hydroxychloroquine wasn't helpful in treating COVID-19, the agency revoked the EUA in June 2020. At that point, the health department asked Hunter's office to step in and help get their money back.
To avoid protracted litigation, the company agreed to refund the state. Hunter's statement said it would be paid back in full, but the agreement does note that FFF Enterprises will give back $218.50 per bottle for all unused products that were stored properly and remain within their use-by date.

The state will be paid in installments, will the full amount returned by May 2022, according to the agreement.
FFF Enterprises is described as a private pharmaceutical wholesaler based in Temecula, California. A banner on its home page advertises returns for flu vaccines that went unused in the 2020-2021 season.
Hunter commended the company for allowing the return on Twitter: "They recognized we were in competition with every other state to get whatever we could to protect Oklahomans."

Last Updated May 11, 2021

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Dem play book...
1. If you don't like someone, or their ideas, call them a Racist...If that doesn't work...call them a Racist...if that doesn't work...do it again....it's going to stick at some point and cause a riot to boot.:popcorn::popcorn:

Bottom line...get your shot and trash your mask! IF we all do it we can...
It’s probably all the racist stuff Mr. Chicken Heir said more than anyone calling him racist that makes him racist.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
So where does this end, for you? What if this becomes an annual booster like a flu shot? Will line up yearly for your covid shot?
The flu isn't an "annual booster". Immunity from a single flu shot generally doesn't last all that long, and we don't know which flu strains are going to be prevalent from one year to the next. Given that we are already seeing multiple variants in this country, an annual vaccination seems likely.

Take an annual shot to prevent a deadly disease. Um, yes please.

If people had actually stuck with the mitigation efforts to begin with we might not be here, but "muh rights" and all...