Covid-19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
So, a guy in my Bible study mentioned a prayer request for a friend’s 33 year old son in a serious bout with Covid. Very athletic and in shape. Has double pneumonia. After we pray for him, he mentions the young man’s mom had Covid. Her doctor told her he hasn’t lost a single patient to Covid, but has had 20 patients die shortly after receiving the vaccine.
  1. This seems dubious considering Tucker Carlson would have that doctor on air in a heartbeat if it were true. There have only been about 900 deaths after vaccination in the US (not necessarily linked to the vaccine yet). That would mean his patients make up more than 2% of deaths nationwide.
  2. It’s possible this lady’s son was infected by her because she resisted getting the vaccine based on her doctor’s hesitancy.
There's a doctor in Tulsa saying he's had 20 patients die after getting the vaccine?? That would fly in the face of every report out there. You should ask her for the doctors name.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/status/1395447824582598661
Here we go again. Cases falling rapidly, but the fear mongering media has to come up with some sort of negative article.

How about they seriously take a look at where and how this started? This pandemic has identified all sorts of shortcomings in the US. There should be real discussions on how to be more self reliant and less reliant on China, but instead we are still playing the political war games and having front page articles on Demi Lovato being "nonbinary".

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I see. My point is more about asking to see if she is resistant to telling you the docs name. That would indicate to me that she's not being truthful.
Got it. I would have to ask by proxy. The guy in my Bible study attends a different church than I do. But your point is taken. This doesn’t seem probable.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Not much discussion of these stats either:

Trust me. Texans are all over that. But it doesn’t negate the deaths caused by reopening schools earlier in the pandemic. My sister-in-law teaches in Frisco ISD. She mentioned at least one teacher who died and one taking early retirement. My son’s auto tech instructor (not in Frisco school district) has been out since October with Covid issues. He can’t work anymore and is retiring also. This wasn’t a small thing.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Trust me. Texans are all over that. But it doesn’t negate the deaths caused by reopening schools earlier in the pandemic. My sister-in-law teaches in Frisco ISD. She mentioned at least one teacher who died and one taking early retirement. My son’s auto tech instructor (not in Frisco school district) has been out since October with Covid issues. He can’t work anymore and is retiring also. This wasn’t a small thing.
I don't know the true impact of Texas' in-school policy as it pertains to COVID cases/deaths, but there were many places including Norman which held in-person school all year. There were a few notifications of cases here and there, but I don't know of any outbreaks or deaths and the kids actually learned this year. There will be plenty of negative implications to remote/virtual learning in those cities/states including kids falling way behind, increases in depression, possible abuse/suicides, and financial impacts when parents must stay home to help teach their kids. Sadly, there is no right solution, but I'm thankful that our elementary son was able to learn in person all year and there have been zero incidents at our girls daycare.

Mar 11, 2006
Here we go again. Cases falling rapidly, but the fear mongering media has to come up with some sort of negative article.

How about they seriously take a look at where and how this started? This pandemic has identified all sorts of shortcomings in the US. There should be real discussions on how to be more self reliant and less reliant on China, but instead we are still playing the political war games and having front page articles on Demi Lovato being "nonbinary".
The believability of that data model is slightly north of zero. The report admits it is an estimate of “possible death totals” based on models of potential “spillover.” The report is from economists and public policy experts. At least ABC News did quote an epidemiologist who didn’t think much of the report.

Luckily, most health experts realized that opening schools was the right thing to do and created protocols for schools to open as safe as possible.
Unfortunately, not everyone will read the entire article and think opening schools caused thousands of more deaths.