Cowboy Baseball in the Polls: 2/18/19

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Probably about right. Did not look like #16 team this weekend. Pollsters probably looked at the stats (strikeouts, errors and HBP's) and that cause the drop. Also losing to a bad team like UTRGV hurts. Good thing is there are a lot of games to play yet and get better. Big home stand coming up helps as well. Off topic, why is the WSU game starting at 4:05? Seems odd since that is a prime game. I guess they don't want a full crowd.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Probably about right. Did not look like #16 team this weekend. Pollsters probably looked at the stats (strikeouts, errors and HBP's) and that cause the drop. Also losing to a bad team like UTRGV hurts. Good thing is there are a lot of games to play yet and get better. Big home stand coming up helps as well. Off topic, why is the WSU game starting at 4:05? Seems odd since that is a prime game. I guess they don't want a full crowd.
probably b/c of the temps, the earlier it is the warmer..........

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
No we have always played WSU at 6 or 7 during midweek. I remember cause I have gone to several of these midweek games including the one we had a tornado warning in the middle of the game.

I'm not talking specifically about games with Wichita State, I'm talking about midweek games played in Feb. and the 1st half of March. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the games against WSU that you're referring to were not played the first week of March.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
I'm not talking specifically about games with Wichita State, I'm talking about midweek games played in Feb. and the 1st half of March. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the games against WSU that you're referring to were not played the first week of March.
ok that makes more sense. Odd we are playing this early..agreed...actually its march 5th so the 4:05 start baffles me

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
ok that makes more sense. Odd we are playing this early..agreed...actually its march 5th so the 4:05 start baffles me
it was probably agreed upon by the 2 head coaches. i'm sure there is a logical reason for it like scheduling and other commitments.....

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com

To be honest, I really really wish that the two coaches could have agreed on a home-and-home weekend series 2 year deal, that we would could have had a 3 game weekend series against what is probably our 2nd biggest historical rival in the sport. That would have been nice.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
To be honest, I really really wish that the two coaches could have agreed on a home-and-home weekend series 2 year deal, that we would could have had a 3 game weekend series against what is probably our 2nd biggest historical rival in the sport. That would have been nice.
I honestly would love to see that happen too man...but i doubt it will