Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I was just curious for 2 reasons. One when josh did his interviews about before the season on all positions when he got to the right handed pitchers he did not talk about him. Two I was looking at the stat broadcast during this weekends games and there where two players missing Parker Scott was one and Brett Standlee was the other.
That's not good.... hope we haven't lost him too.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
I don't necessarily disagree but there's no doubt that there were positives from Aleaziz, Leeper, Varela, and Battenfield. I'm encouraged by Rosa's bat and intrigued with Funk and Kroon. We know what we have in Simpson and Cash. Was Hewitt the one Holliday said is working back from a broken hand? Littel, McCusker, and Cabbiness and even Boone were disappointments to me. But it was only one weekend and everyone struggles at least one weekend. Hopefully they can pick it up. It will certainly take a while for things to click with this team.
Not sure about Hewitt (I was surprised to not see him get at least one start), but Cabbiness broke a finger on the first day of practice.

Hopefully the homestand will give some guys a chance to get rolling.

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
What about Teel in the 8th and game 1? I think the closer role is still a work in progress.
Do you follow the baseball team closely? Teel is a proven commodity. Teel closed a ton of games last year to win a Big 12 championship and get us in the postseason. Check out the box score. He gave up 1 hit in two innings and had 4 strikeouts. He had 6 strikeouts in 3 innings on the weekend. Looks like pretty impressive closer stuff. Pitchers will occasionally give up a run every once in awhile...He struck out their best hitters in a 1-2-3 9th to pick up a save in a 1 run game. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him moved to the rotation though (I think the plan was for him to be the Friday starter until some other team factors came into play). Doesn’t matter if you have a great reliever/closer if you can’t get it to him consistently. Teel and Heasley would be a nice 1-2 punch.

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Not sure about Hewitt (I was surprised to not see him get at least one start), but Cabbiness broke a finger on the first day of practice.

Hopefully the homestand will give some guys a chance to get rolling.

Maybe Holliday was talking about Cabiness then. I was listening and couldn't quite make out what he said other than someone was working their way back from a broken hand. Really hope we don't have any more injuries, not sure how much more of that we can handle.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
It was good to get the series win, but otherwise most of the preseason ?s didn’t get answered.

Heasley was a real plus Friday night, otherwise no one really stepped up.

We have a nice home stand coming up (weather permitting) so hopefully we can get some rhythm and find some answers.

Glad baseball is here!!!
I think some positives to take from the series or answers were the veterans and returners that stepped up on Sunday, at the plate, after the bad loss on Saturday. And, the newcomers on the mound as well as those who returned to action after missing time from injuries.