Cowboy Basketball (3-0) WIN 70-62 against Marquette. Next Up vs Oakland Grizzlies SATURDAY in GIA #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Pokes defeat Marquette Golden Eagles on the Road, 70-62. That’s the second road win of the season and the Cowboys remain perfect. Next up, Oakland Grizzlies on Saturday in GIA. Catch the highlights

https://youtu.be/io_PGUYQzUI

Marquette Golden Eagles have been steamrolling their opponents. Their wins are against Arkansas Pine-Bluff and Eastern Illinois winning 99-57 and 75-50, respectively. Golden Eagles are top 3 all time wins in their conference historically, sitting behind UConn and Villanova.

Big 12/Big East Battle is a recently formed challenge between the two conferences with this year being the second official year of the alliance. Currently, The Big East has won the first challenge winning 8-2. Yes, it was a land slide victory against the Big 12. One of the losses came from the OSU vs Georgetown game last year. Boynton currently 0-1 in the Battle. Our opponents today defeated KSU last year.

The Big12/Big East battle will be throughout the week and here are the other matchups for those curious:

1. #14 Texas Tech vs Saint Johns
2. #15 West Virgina vs Georgetown
3. #2 Baylor vs Seton Hall
4. #19 Texas vs #3 Villanova
5. #6 Kansas vs #11 Creighton
6. Kansas State vs Butler
7. Iowa State vs DePaul
8. Gooners vs Xavier
9. TCU vs Providence

They say Big 12 is the best basketball conference in the nation with ACC and Big East close by...I’d wager this is a tougher challenge than the SEC/Big12 in which Big 12 holds an overwhelmingly advantage in, let’s make that true against the Big East while we’re at it.

Go POKES beat the Golden Eagles!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
I overlooked this yesterday, but apparently there's an active COVID-19 case on the men's basketball team. Does anyone know who it is?

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
MAM is the most interesting player going into this game. This is going to be a big test for him to see how he holds up physically against more traditional big 4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
This will be a tough one. Probably going to be ugly at times. CC will need to have a bit more of a "take over" attitude. Should be a fun game to watch. Conference play is only what...2 weeks away?

Sep 23, 2010
MAM is the most interesting player going into this game. This is going to be a big test for him to see how he holds up physically against more traditional big 4s.

Hopefully the traditional big 4s and 5s have a difficult time keeping up with his speed and quickness getting to the rim. Otherwise, the tradeoff isn't that good.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

Hopefully the traditional big 4s and 5s have a difficult time keeping up with his speed and quickness getting to the rim. Otherwise, the tradeoff isn't that good.
Agreed. My early inclination is that it’s not going to go well since he doesn’t have much of a handle or shot but he is way more physically imposing than I thought he would be. He’s going to be deadly against smaller teams (due to his defensive mobility) but this looks to be a challenge.

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
Tom Dirato (on the radio with Robert Allen) says that their will be at least two players who won't play because of COVID-19. We already knew one player on the team tested positive, but the others will be out because of contact tracing.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Thing that has surprised me the most through the first couple games is how sloppy we are on the offensive end