Cowboys (6-2) Drops game against Wichita State Shockers. Next Up Big 12/Big East Challenge against Xavier on SUNDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
We have to recruit and dead eye shooter before next year. I mean a kid that just shoots the 3 ball. Just expand the defense. We get to the rim and kick out wide open to someone that shoots 19%from 3. Can we just get a kid that just lights it up. I remember some guys in the past forte, page, even dizzy
Weird that Boynton refuses to recruit a white kid that can shoot 3's...

Sep 23, 2010
It doesn't matter if he's white. We need a guard that can defend and shoot the 3. But we also need some 4's and 5's that can shoot. Keylan finally has been able to make a perimeter shot this year. MAM, Kalib and Cisse aren't shooting the 3. Smith has a little touch out there but they are no threat. Most teams have that 4 or 5 that can stretch the floor as well. Keylan is the closest thing to that, but he might be a glorified 3man (struggling to guard a MAM type that can manhandle him).

We have a lot of the same kind of player without a great deal of variation at positions.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
This year to date:

Keylon Boone 43.5%
D. Williams 40.0%

Last year/season:

Likekele 44.4%
Cunningham 40.0%

Senior Seasons:

Forte 41.7%
Page 38.6%

Sep 24, 2011
I will wait to see how Boynton handles the team. Pretty clear right now the tournament ban has taken away our intensity. And that is very understandable. Unless Boynton can get them to buy in on some goals, we could easily see a losing conference record. This season was always going to be a tough sell.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
This year to date:

Keylon Boone 43.5%
D. Williams 40.0%

Last year/season:

Likekele 44.4%
Cunningham 40.0%

Senior Seasons:

Forte 41.7%
Page 38.6%
Oh yeah D. Williams plays so much and has so many attempts...so bad coaching for not having him in more vs a PG who can't throw it into the ocean from anywhere other than right under the basket.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
It doesn't matter if he's white. We need a guard that can defend and shoot the 3. But we also need some 4's and 5's that can shoot. Keylan finally has been able to make a perimeter shot this year. MAM, Kalib and Cisse aren't shooting the 3. Smith has a little touch out there but they are no threat. Most teams have that 4 or 5 that can stretch the floor as well. Keylan is the closest thing to that, but he might be a glorified 3man (struggling to guard a MAM type that can manhandle him).

We have a lot of the same kind of player without a great deal of variation at positions.
Oh I know it doesn't matter but we don't have that persona and haven't...