Cowgirl Basketball 2020-21 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
Baylor defeated the Cowgirls 77-58 in Stillwater.

OSU has now dropped its third straight game to fall to 9-5 overall and 5-3 in the Big 12.

Coach Littell’s Big 12 record is currently 81-89.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Baylor pretty much controlled that game the entire time. They looked sloppy to me most of the game, so I see how ISU was able to upset them. However the Cowgirls looked just as sloppy, if not intimidated. OSU made a few runs in the game but mostly to get from a 15-16 point deficit down to 9. Then they would let Baylor go on a run to push that lead back up. Cowgirls have gone from sole possession of first place to now 5th. Hopefully they can right the ship against an 0-3 KSU team Monday. KSU has a short turnaround after playing Saturday while the Cowgirls are off.

As for Littell, sub-.500 in conference games is not a good look. The Big 12 has not been very strong outside of Baylor during his tenure.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Baylor pretty much controlled that game the entire time. They looked sloppy to me most of the game, so I see how ISU was able to upset them. However the Cowgirls looked just as sloppy, if not intimidated. OSU made a few runs in the game but mostly to get from a 15-16 point deficit down to 9. Then they would let Baylor go on a run to push that lead back up. Cowgirls have gone from sole possession of first place to now 5th. Hopefully they can right the ship against an 0-3 KSU team Monday. KSU has a short turnaround after playing Saturday while the Cowgirls are off.

As for Littell, sub-.500 in conference games is not a good look. The Big 12 has not been very strong outside of Baylor during his tenure.
Conference is nowhere near what it was when A&M, OU, Baylor, Kstate & ISU were rolling during Budke's tenure.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Asberry had a very nice 4th quarter. Cowgirls dominated the last 5 minutes of the game to come away with a convincing win. 0 points by KSU in the final 5 minutes.

Final: 69-55 Cowgirls

Important note: With this game made up, OSU and TTU are the only 2 teams to have played all games so far this season. Cowgirls are officially at the halfway point of Big 12 play at 6-3.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Mack should be conference POY but I am sure they will find a way to give it to a Baylor player. Or maybe Joens from ISU if they beat BU again.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Mack should be conference POY but I am sure they will find a way to give it to a Baylor player. Or maybe Joens from ISU if they beat BU again.
NaLyssa Smith (Baylor) Joens (ISU), and Mack are the leading candidates based on what I've watched this season. Joens is awesome, and can just score in a multitude of ways. Mack has a legit case for defensive player of the year along with Didi Richards (baylor and reigning DPOY). Joens IMO will likely win b/c she's averaging 25 ppg, but what make does on both ends shouldn't be ignored and hopefully it's not.