Cowgirl Basketball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
well, from the radio conversation this morning, apparently the "woke culture" at OSU is what ran Vivian Gray off. The Cowgirls want to put Black Lives Matter on their shoes and, apparently, Vivian is engaged to a police officer so that didn't sit well with her. I guess I may be opting out of my Cowgirl tickets as well as my football tickets if Jim Littell can't step in and put his foot down. No way he should have let his best player be run off.

rfaOSU

Greenhorn
Jun 25, 2011
I’m not after anyone’s job. I’m just a fan seeking solutions to a girls basketball program that has lacked sustainable success over several years. Girls softball/soccer have received national attention for several years. I understand the difficulty in competing with a Baylor program. However I expect to be in the top 2\3 routinely. Gundy has consistently brought prominence to our program in spite of UO. Between lackluster recruiting and transfers it seems that mediocrity is our mantle.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I would hope that’s not the main reason.....she’s going to likely run into that wherever she goes. I would expect players to write on their shoes or do some of symbolism to BLM...Even at Texas tech( the assumed choice although UT is making a run)....their players have been protesting around campus and on social media so it’s unlikely she escapes that world per say. No Olivia along with no Bryn was the straw the broke the camels back. Either way it’s a devastating blow to the program.

Oct 30, 2007
I heard that. I feel bad for Coach Littell. I'm not sure what a Coach is supposed to do when there are opposing political views in their locker room. I guess the only thing they can do is attempt to create an environment where everyone feels respected. I hope that she was given the choice of whether or not she wanted to wear the BLM inscription next season.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
We could start by having a talk about how its ok to have a different opinion, that people with different opinions can work together to complete a task. That life doesn't have to be all or nothing it can be some or most. This is the conversation we need to have at every opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
We could start by having a talk about how its ok to have a different opinion, that people with different opinions can work together to complete a task. That life doesn't have to be all or nothing it can be some or most. This is the conversation we need to have at every opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Well said!!!!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Meanwhile, former OU women’s basketball players are airing their grievances with Sherri Coale:

OU Women’s Basketball: Gioya Carter, other former Sooners criticize Sherri Coale amid Lincoln Riley-led protest
The braids thing is kind of sort of hard to determine I mean because she technically was sticking up for her players. The vanilla comment taken out of context can mean any millions of things and most of them have nothing to do with race. And why wouldn't you want to leave your story better than when you found it I mean it's basically saying be better as you go through life right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
The braids thing is kind of sort of hard to determine I mean because she technically was sticking up for her players. The vanilla comment taken out of context can mean any millions of things and most of them have nothing to do with race. And why wouldn't you want to leave your story better than when you found it I mean it's basically saying be better as you go through life right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
It’s getting interesting as more players continue to get involved. It appears she’s made a lot of players feel a certain way through the years.