Cowgirls softball schedule

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Considering how many games we've played in a 8 day span....I would've taken 3-2 considering both Louisiana and LSU are WCWS contenders, but 4-1 is a helluva weekend. Good thing they pulled the plug on Eberle....she had nothing else to give, lost control of her stuff, and out of gas.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
This time of the year, lots of school teams has played just as many games as we have in the 8 day span. Going into this weekend, I was more concern with LSU than I was with ULL. I thought if we could take at least one game against the Tigers, we would go 4-1.

Since we swept LSU, I thought we would go 5-0. What I didn’t expect is having Simunek pitching against ULL. I like her but she been inconsistent at times that has hurt us. 3 walks in an inning is inexcusable. What also hurt was the errors that went along with that that put us in a very deep hole.

Looking at the schedule, this team can run off a huge win streak that will surpass the recent school record of consecutive wins.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Sure everyone is playing a lot of games...but not everyone is playing the level of competition we're playing....these kids are human and eventually they were going to lose one. I wasn't surprised we lost to ULL....they're that good!! They have one the best pitchers in the country in all-american Ellyson and she beat us last year. They also picked up 2 transfers in Ciara Bryan and Justice Milz. ULL can compete with anyone in the country and wouldn't surprise me to see them in OKC. I like LSU, but their offense has struggled the past couple seasons, and they don't have the big HR hitters like previous years. They'll go as far as their pitching takes them.

As far as Simunek...she's consistently inconsistent...it's who she is, and has been. She better off as a reliever and she thrived in that role when this team made their run to OKC a couple years ago. But Gajewski is loyal to his seniors and sometimes to a fault. When it comes to the big games...the ball needs to go to Eberle and Maxwell...there's a drop off after that.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Sure everyone is playing a lot of games...but not everyone is playing the level of competition we're playing....these kids are human and eventually they were going to lose one. I wasn't surprised we lost to ULL....they're that good!! They have one the best pitchers in the country in all-american Ellyson and she beat us last year. They also picked up 2 transfers in Ciara Bryan and Justice Milz. ULL can compete with anyone in the country and wouldn't surprise me to see them in OKC. I like LSU, but their offense has struggled the past couple seasons, and they don't have the big HR hitters like previous years. They'll go as far as their pitching takes them.

As far as Simunek...she's consistently inconsistent...it's who she is, and has been. She better off as a reliever and she thrived in that role when this team made their run to OKC a couple years ago. But Gajewski is loyal to his seniors and sometimes to a fault. When it comes to the big games...the ball needs to go to Eberle and Maxwell...there's a drop off after that.
Not saying ULL is a terrible team. They are a very good team. Imo, LSU is just a little bit better. Just stating that we may/may not would have won.....but I like our chances with a stronger pitcher in the circle. I’m not good putting words together lol

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
D1 softball rankings are out

1. OU
2. UCLA
3. Alabama
4. Arizona
5. Oregon
6. Oklahoma St.
7. Florida
8. Texas
9. Washington