Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Trump actually understands about running businesses. More than the Clinton's, Obama, and many on the Democratic ticket right now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Maybe the businessman president could explain this.

The former non-businessman "CEO" of the our company was able to deal with declining revenue for the company due to hard economic times in 2009 by putting us into significant deficit. And we complained.
But, the revenues started increasing as the economy improved so we had less and less deficit from 2011 to 2015.
Then the businessman CEO takes over. The economy is doing great. Revenues should have continued to increase but didn't (I wonder why?) Deficits should have continued to improve but instead are worsening and are approaching record levels again despite how great we are doing. This is the FIRST president in our history to increase deficit in a booming economy.

So, it appears to me this president is treating our nation a lot like one of his failed businesses. Load it with debt, and sell it off or declare bankruptcy.

Not partisan at all, just economics. Please, tell me where I am wrong? Because declining revenue and increasing debt while the business prospects are as good as they ever get just doesn't make business sense to me.

fredgraph-4.png

Maybe the businessman president could explain this.

The former non-businessman "CEO" of the our company was able to deal with declining revenue for the company due to hard economic times in 2009 by putting us into significant deficit. And we complained.
But, the revenues started increasing as the economy improved so we had less and less deficit from 2011 to 2015.
Then the businessman CEO takes over. The economy is doing great. Revenues should have continued to increase but didn't (I wonder why?) Deficits should have continued to improve but instead are worsening and are approaching record levels again despite how great we are doing. This is the FIRST president in our history to increase deficit in a booming economy.

So, it appears to me this president is treating our nation a lot like one of his failed businesses. Load it with debt, and sell it off or declare bankruptcy.

Not partisan at all, just economics. Please, tell me where I am wrong? Because declining revenue and increasing debt while the business prospects are as good as they ever get just doesn't make business sense to me.

View attachment 77624
Where do you get the idea revenues are declining? Your own chart shows that is not the case.
We have worked ourselves into a death spiral we may never recover from. 70% of the federal spending covers social security, Medicare, Medicaid and interest on the national debt. Any politician who even speaks of addressing these issues is dead in the water on Election Day. Instead as voters who are swimming in their own personal debt and refuse to address it, the majority vote the same way.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Where do you get the idea revenues are declining? Your own chart shows that is not the case.
We have worked ourselves into a death spiral we may never recover from. 70% of the federal spending covers social security, Medicare, Medicaid and interest on the national debt. Any politician who even speaks of addressing these issues is dead in the water on Election Day. Instead as voters who are swimming in their own personal debt and refuse to address it, the majority vote the same way.
Ok, so revenues are flat when historically they would have increased, not technically declining. Not sure that minor detail changes the point at all.

All that spending you just spoke about is long-term mandatory and is the exact same stuff every other president managed without causing the situation we are in now. We had that spending in 2011-2015 when the deficit was shrinking. Those long term "we" issues are not what we are talking about. We are talking about a businessman president and looking at the current financials of what he is doing with the "business" since his expertise in the area was lauded.