VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2012
Hi guys,

I am a student working part time in an election prediction/polling company. We have developed an algorithm based on network analysis which doesn't require representative population to work. In 2016, we predicted both Trump and Brexit within 1% margin but there is still much to improve on. If you are a US resident, especially from a swing state, I would be thankful if you could fill out our 2 minute anonymous survey. The best part is that it's a prediction game you can play with friends to see which one of you is the best predictor of the outcome, and who is the best observer of what other people think!

Here are the links if you want to check it out, your help will be greatly appreciated :)

Poll to fill in: https://elections.oraclum.co.uk/
Privacy policy: https://elections.oraclum.co.uk/privacy_policy
FAQ: https://elections.oraclum.co.uk/faq

Thank you!
I have received no less than 6-8 unsolicited items in the mail within the past week of this same ilk. Complete strangers representing purported companies I have never heard of wanting me to tell them how I voted "for data analysis" or some similar purpose.

Pass.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-leaves-nc-absentee-234109644.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court will allow absentee ballots in North Carolina to be received and counted up to nine days after Election Day.
The justices, by a 5-3 vote Wednesday, refused to disturb a decision by the State Board of Elections to lengthen the period from three to nine days because of the coronavirus pandemic, pushing back the deadline to Nov. 12. The board's decision was part of a legal settlement with a union-affiliated group.
Republicans had asked the high court to step in.
Under the Supreme Court’s order, mailed ballots postmarked on or before Election Day must be received by 5 p.m. on Nov. 12 in order to be counted.
Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Brett Kavanaugh joined the three liberal justices in the majority. Three conservative justices, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas, dissented.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have received no less than 6-8 unsolicited items in the mail within the past week of this same ilk. Complete strangers representing purported companies I have never heard of wanting me to tell them how I voted "for data analysis" or some similar purpose.

Pass.
I've gotten over 20 texts in the last week with this kind of stuff.

Aug 16, 2012
https://twitter.com/KOCODillon/status/1321865835028402176
I went to my local polling place Tuesday night, 30 miles north of Dallas on DNT. Got there at 6:30, a little concerned I waited too late and may have to come back. Wife and I were literally the only voters there. No one in line, no one at the carrels and when we finished, took a look back and still no one around. Guess living in a suburb of 30k has some benefits.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court will allow absentee ballots in North Carolina to be received and counted up to nine days after Election Day.
The justices, by a 5-3 vote Wednesday, refused to disturb a decision by the State Board of Elections to lengthen the period from three to nine days because of the coronavirus pandemic, pushing back the deadline to Nov. 12. The board's decision was part of a legal settlement with a union-affiliated group.
Under the Supreme Court’s order, mailed ballots postmarked on or before Election Day must be received by 5 p.m. on Nov. 12 in order to be counted.
Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Brett Kavanaugh joined the three liberal justices in the majority. Three conservative justices, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas, dissented.
Many Armed Forces ballots did not get counted in 2016 due to delays. For overseas stationed US Military and their family it can take up to 36 days for their ballots to be collected and returned to their local precincts to be counted and they are given 9 days to vote. This was during a time where there was NOT a pandemic, NOT record voting turn out, and NOT delays in USPS due to record breaking USPS traffic.

US Military members and their families really do need this extra time to ensure their ballots are counted

Aug 16, 2012

This is ridiculous. Covid has been around for 9+ months now. If it were something that hit within the past month or so and we were still adjusting to the inconveniences associated with it, I could understand it, but it has not. There is absolutely no, none, zero, reason why any legal voter could not have their vote in and counted by November 3. This just opens the door even wider for an all-out s*** storm.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Many Armed Forces ballots did not get counted in 2016 due to delays. For overseas stationed US Military and their family it can take up to 36 days for their ballots to be collected and returned to their local precincts to be counted and they are given 9 days to vote. This was during a time where there was NOT a pandemic, NOT record voting turn out, and NOT delays in USPS due to record breaking USPS traffic.

US Military members and their families really do need this extra time to ensure their ballots are counted
Yes, I know, we hear about it every election.

I thought it was interesting to see which Justices voted for & against it.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
https://twitter.com/KOCODillon/status/1321865835028402176
They were setting up as I was leaving from voting. I was in line for 97 minutes. It was very orderly and they were moving people in and out at a good pace. Once you get around the building then you go back and forth inside of the building then out again to get into the voting area.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I went to my local polling place Tuesday night, 30 miles north of Dallas on DNT. Got there at 6:30, a little concerned I waited too late and may have to come back. Wife and I were literally the only voters there. No one in line, no one at the carrels and when we finished, took a look back and still no one around. Guess living in a suburb of 30k has some benefits.
Uh oh. We’re practically neighbors. :runaway:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
They were setting up as I was leaving from voting. I was in line for 97 minutes. It was very orderly and they were moving people in and out at a good pace. Once you get around the building then you go back and forth inside of the building then out again to get into the voting area.
Edmond Church of Christ is reporting a 3.5 hr wait to vote right now

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Bet you wouldn't have to worry about a Biden sign getting stolen from your yard, your tires knifed, your cars having rocks thrown at them, or people coming up to you and just punching you because of a hat or shirt you are wearing supporting Biden.
Name calling, however immature, is not what is being spoken of here.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
you cannot be serious...it appears you think only Biden supporters would steal, knife, rock, yell, or punch...Trump supporters are angels...this is almost laughable, but also sad that you actually think this way.
Deflection. I can search stolen signs and find tons of reports of Trump signs being stolen. People stood on bridges and threw rocks at the Jews for Trump cars in new York. They then attacked trump supporters once they were stopped having a rally. A black trump supporter had his front teeth knocked out while at a peaceful rally. Show me widespread acts of Trump supporters doing similar.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Now why would someone whose is supposedly up double digits go to a state that has been "Blue" for what, 50 years??? Hmmm......

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1321865637443063812?s=20