VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Additionally, Biden won fewer counties than even Hillary Clinton won but yet had more votes than anyone in history.

Trump received 8 million more votes in 2020 than Clinton did only four years earlier. That's better than a 12% increase.

Biden received 14 million more votes in 2020 than Clinton did only four years earlier. That's better than a 21% increase.

The US population only increased 7% from 2010 to 2020....

The average increase over the previous election for the candidate getting the most votes in the last six decades is 7%.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That is our last conversation then. I was very clear about what I was talking about as quoted above. Everyone else completely understood the subject but you. You responded with dislikes and complaints instead of saying something like "I'm not talking about confederate statues" when I repeatedly referred to them.

You are either changing your story or didn't even bother to read my posts before all your melodramatic whining about being called a racist. Either way, you are not worth discussing things with being that ridiculously disingenuous. Multiple pages of discussing racist confederate statues to say "That isn't what I am talking about." What a jerk move.
But we are talking about two different things. You are talking about specific instances of statues being placed to keep people down and I'm talking about historic statues. I still think it's dangerous to wantonly destroy statues as has been done over history by totalitarian regimes...we need to guard against that and we need to use legal ways of removing things ONLY and never vandalism...I think we even agree on that. I'm only guilty of taking one or two things you write that are offensive to me as "attacks" on my character because of my political viewpoints and not taking your full context in once you've do that. We all do that sometimes so...my bad on that...I'm not being a jerk to move on...I'm putting to bed a political disagreement that has no end in site... That's all, I don't lose "respect" for you if you disagree with me, nor think of you as any other name you might call someone when we pinhole them as something in our own minds when they disagree.

I just think it's unhealthy and unproductive so we should move on... I'm going to have a good day, hopefully treating others as I want to be treated. That's how we should all live and strive to each day. We should be looking for those in need rather than debating politics. We have "plenty," we would do better to think of ways to share it rather than debate politics. I'm convicted of this. So let's each go out of our way and do good specifically today for someone else, especially if they don't think like us...rather than get in debates on this forum. I challenge you to find someone else today that you can help in a random act of kindness, I know you do this in your job everyday, but let's go further. I will do same... I know I certainly could be and do better if I spent the time I spend on here...out there. :)

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Oh-god! When has this ever happened before?!?!? Surely no one would ever release blocks of votes that were mailed in and maybe counted in the background. There is also no scale here to determine anything. You should lay off the Ghoulianai hair dye juice.

View attachment 87434
What you circled are active real time votes, not ballot dumps in the middle of the night.

Why do you bring up fraud? I didn't, I'm just looking for a plausible answer.

So, you have no real intelligent answer to the question.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Biden is more of the same, he ran on BO's skirt tails and has promised to re-create BO policies.
Additionally, Biden won fewer counties than even Hillary Clinton won but yet had more votes than anyone in history.

Trump received 8 million more votes in 2020 than Clinton did only four years earlier. That's better than a 12% increase.

Biden received 14 million more votes in 2020 than Clinton did only four years earlier. That's better than a 21% increase.

The US population only increased 7% from 2010 to 2020....

The average increase over the previous election for the candidate getting the most votes in the last six decades is 7%.
maybe this will help you...

How Biden Won: Ramping Up The Base And Expanding Margins In The Suburbs

Jun 14, 2011
What you circled are active real time votes, not ballot dumps in the middle of the night.

Why do you bring up fraud? I didn't, I'm just looking for a plausible answer.

So, you have no real intelligent answer to the question.
Ok, real time vote counts..... released in blocks. Based on your assertion of the "ballot dumps in the middle of the night" there can be ballot dumps in the middle of the day too. Again, there is no scale for any sort of reference for "middle of the night" vs anything.

I didn't bring up fraud. Didn't write the word, didn't insinuate it. Good grief, projection much?

My answer was in what I wrote, but I'll elaborate further if that is what you meant. The absentee ballots were being counted all throughout the day all over the country or maybe even counted GASP after the polls had closed. However, it appears (according to your graph) that the vote counts of these absentee ballots (or whatever ballots had not yet been released) for many areas across the country were released around the same time. Since Trump said to all his followers "don't mail in your vote", a large percentage of these mail in votes went blue. As noted above by @311Cowboy it is pretty basic.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
But we are talking about two different things. You are talking about specific instances of statues being placed to keep people down and I'm talking about historic statues. I still think it's dangerous to wantonly destroy statues as has been done over history by totalitarian regimes...we need to guard against that and we need to use legal ways of removing things ONLY and never vandalism...I think we even agree on that. I'm only guilty of taking one or two things you write that are offensive to me as "attacks" on my character because of my political viewpoints and not taking your full context in once you've do that. We all do that sometimes so...my bad on that...I'm not being a jerk to move on...I'm putting to bed a political disagreement that has no end in site... That's all, I don't lose "respect" for you if you disagree with me, nor think of you as any other name you might call someone when we pinhole them as something in our own minds when they disagree.

I just think it's unhealthy and unproductive so we should move on... I'm going to have a good day, hopefully treating others as I want to be treated. That's how we should all live and strive to each day. We should be looking for those in need rather than debating politics. We have "plenty," we would do better to think of ways to share it rather than debate politics. I'm convicted of this. So let's each go out of our way and do good specifically today for someone else, especially if they don't think like us...rather than get in debates on this forum. I challenge you to find someone else today that you can help in a random act of kindness, I know you do this in your job everyday, but let's go further. I will do same... I know I certainly could be and do better if I spent the time I spend on here...out there. :)
Frankly, you are not treating me as I want to be treated at all, including this post. I like honestly. I like people that try to read and understand. I like genuine disagreement and genuine efforts.
Again, we were talking about racist statues. It is all written there for everyone to see. I know you knew that because of your whining about "being called a racist" which didn't happen.
Vandalism, other statues, wanton destruction are all things that I specifically said I was not talking about and yet you RESPONDED to my posts about "racist confederate statues" MULTIPLE times. Now, you are making a BS claim that "we were talking about different things." No, we were not. You WANTED to expand it to other stuff but I stayed purposefully on point and made it clear.

What I agree with is you are an unhealthy person to talk to. You claim to be the nice guy then you pull passive-aggressive nonsense like this.

I don't want or need any "challenges" from you. Challenge yourself to read back through this discussion and then be a man and fess up to the obvious discussion we were having about confederate statues. And, if you honestly did not know, then you should apologize for wasting a lot of my time by not reading the posts when you replied to them with very specific points that I was talking about from the start and made that fact as clear as could possibly be.

And, no, if you continue to treat people as you have just treated me, I suggest you don't go out and do that in person. It is not pleasant to be on the other side of the manipulation. Which is why I said this is our last discussion.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver

You never answered my question.

Who is oppressed when a Christopher Columbus statue is vandalized?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Here's the way I see it, many people from the south believe that the Civil War was fought over state rights and not over slavery. That's why they have no problem flying the confederate flag and putting up statues of people like Robert E Lee.

I very much disagree with that theory, but it isn't my place to tell someone else what to believe. The members of the southern communities where these statues reside should have the opportunity to decide for themselves whether or not they should be removed. It isn't my place or anyone else's to force them to do it.

The First Amendment is a wonderful thing, but at times it produces undesirable results. That's a small price to pay though, because freedom matters a lot more than someone's feelings.
This is not a 1st amendment issue as these are government displays. If someone wants a statue of a racist on their personal property, go for it. The government is supposed to be for the people, not the will of the majority in instances of race.

Looking at the demographics of the country, this will change. Hopefully, the new majority will have far more humanity than the current one.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Doubtful, you think votes cannot be counted after midnight. Which is ridiculous because some states have laws that absentee ballots cannot be counted until after polls are closed. So by law counting goes into the following days.

It is pretty basic.
Where did I say that?

So, given your response below you got nothing to why you attribute things to people they didn't say.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006

Gotta give it up to you — you tried.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
What if I told you before the election.....

That Joe Biden would lose historical minority votes but receive more votes historically than any other candidate in our history.

That Trump would have coattails winning down-ballot races across the country. And that Biden would lose those yet have more votes than anyone in history.

That Trump would exceed his original vote count by the largest margin for any incumbent in American history, yet lose the election.

That Trump support among black voters would grow by 50% and that Biden would fall below the 90% mark. How important is this? That would probably have secured a victory for Romney in 2008 over Obama.

Would anyone have predicted a Biden victory given the above?

Non of this proves the election was wrong, but these are a lot of anomalies that are difficult to explain. And so far I've seen no one give a reasonable explanation other than Biden received more votes.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

That Joe Biden would lose historical minority votes but receive more votes historically than any other candidate in our history.

That Trump would have coattails winning down-ballot races across the country. And that Biden would lose those yet have more votes than anyone in history.

That Trump would exceed his original vote count by the largest margin for any incumbent in American history, yet lose the election.

That Trump support among black voters would grow by 50% and that Biden would fall below the 90% mark. How important is this? That would probably have secured a victory for Romney in 2008 over Obama.

Non of this proves the election was wrong, but these are a lot of anomalies that are difficult to explain. And so far I've seen no one give a reasonable explanation other than Biden received more votes.
I've got a quote on here that says Trump could gain 10M votes over his 2016 win and still lose. So yeah, I'll say I called it.

Nov 6, 2010

That Joe Biden would lose historical minority votes but receive more votes historically than any other candidate in our history. - Turnout

That Trump would have coattails winning down-ballot races across the country. And that Biden would lose those yet have more votes than anyone in history. - The presidential election was about Trump, not the other candidates.

That Trump would exceed his original vote count by the largest margin for any incumbent in American history, yet lose the election. - Hillary was historically unpopular.

That Trump support among black voters would grow by 50% and that Biden would fall below the 90% mark. How important is this? That would probably have secured a victory for Romney in 2008 over Obama. - Turnout

Jun 14, 2011

You are soooo close...

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Where did I say that?

So, given your response below you got nothing to why you attribute things to people they didn't say.
"What you circled are active real time votes, not ballot dumps in the middle of the night."

It stemmed from this comment. Apparently there is a difference between "real time" and "middle of the night" votes. If you admit they are legal then I guess we are done here.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver

Turns out a pandemic killing 265,000 people that affects each and every persons daily life will drive up voter turnout.

That makes sense to me.

Apr 14, 2009
PF5
The answer is the majority of the country decided that they did not want four more years of Trump. Republicans gained in all other elections. But obviously many Republicans didn’t want four more years of Trump.
It’s not complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.