Fiesta Bowl Hotels

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 12, 2007
Assuming OSU goes to the Fiesta Bowl, where did you stay two years ago and would you stay there again? I stayed at a Comfort Inn Suites that was one mile away. It was fine but it might be fun to stay at another hotel, resort, team hotel, ect. Your stories of where you stayed and if you would recommend it would be appreciated.

Oct 28, 2010
The hotel the team stays in in Scottsdale is pretty damn nice, although it isn't terribly close to the stadium.

But I wouldn't worry about it much until December 8th.

Jun 12, 2007
Just beginning to start think about planning the bowl trip. The Cotton Bowl is a little easier to plan with it being so close and the Alamo Bowl is pretty easy to plan too. We should be going to one of these three bowls.

Jan 2, 2005
Don't want to pull the cart before the horse yet, but the Alumni Association put together a nice package at a place called the Arizona Grand. Had a decent golf course and a nice little water part that Larry Shell convinced to management to open by promising fans would take at least 100 rooms. We took over 300. We were treated very well and they kept the bar open late after the game.

Jun 12, 2007
The only way this affects bedlam is if the players look ahead. Fans booking hotels have no effect on the outcome of games. None.
It is amazing that some of these posters think that by beginning to plan for possible bowl destinations, it can change the future of where this team winds up. Unbelievable.

ThePlane

Biggest words I know are Chevrolet and mayonnaise
Oct 14, 2009
Cowtown, Tx
Stayed at the Tempe Mission Palms. Was a great place to be for New Years and most of the bowl events and close enough to Scottsdale to make it to the official OSU bar, but was a pain in the A getting to the game way the hell out in Glendale. Overall I would stay there again but will probably look into somewhere else just to change it up.

Sep 5, 2006
God's Country
I stayed at some Marriot about 30 minutes away.

However, here is some valuable advice. If you want to save money on tickets, wait until a week or so before the game. Especially if we play Fresno State. I'm not lying -- you will find $20 tickets all over the place.