1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Football and Grad Transfers YAHTZEE!!!

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by hoopjunkie, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Territorial Marshal

I bet, but if he was 6'5 I bet he'd be at the top of many draft boards.

2. CPTNQUIRK

CPTNQUIRK I'm Your Captain!
    A/V Subscriber

That's not true. The rest of OSU's team play put OSU in a position to make that punt return meaningful. And then it was the offense and special teams play that actually won the game in overtime. Way to over-simplify.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Midnight Toker

Their play put them in a position to win and Bob Stoops + Hill won it for them. No punt return, no overtime. Just the same, OU's team put them in a position to win in the final couple minutes. They did not win.

4. CPTNQUIRK

CPTNQUIRK I'm Your Captain!
    A/V Subscriber

One play does not win a game. It is the summation of all the plays that determines the winner.

5. osuwhit

osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
    A/V Subscriber

The punt return was worth 7 points in timely fashion as we had scored 28 other points that all counted. Without those 28 point prior to the return, we don't go to OT, shut you down, and then take our 3 for the win. All OU had to do was keep 7 points off the board and they couldn't. Don't be stupid. Butthurt after two years and two more Bedlam victories looks lame on you.

As you're aware, we know the feeling many times over.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Midnight Toker

You are severely discounting the effect of Hill's efforts on that one play. If it wasn't such an important play, perhaps you'd have been just as happy without the repunt?

Lol, it's cute that you still feel the need for personal attacks. That's okay though, it's a good appropriate look for someone with the lil bro mentality.

I'm not butthurt, I dont care, my team has had tremendous success since that day, and the bedlam thread on this board from 2016 gave me many lols. everyone knows Hill won that game for osu, no shame in admitting it. Just like Bell's heroics won the bedlam game in 2013. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade lil bro.

7. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber

Far from lil bro.. That's why I added the last sentence about knowing the feeling many times over. I tried to avoid lil bro-ism as much as possible which speaking of... Boohooing and making excuses over a game is extreme butthurt and text book lil bro. So, welcome. You are among some of your very own unless that is, you're lil sis? You seem like a little sister here lately. Either way, my point remains the same, lil sis.

Also, my first response to you today was in this thread actually, not in B&F. So, it's not still about the need and it's not a personal attack. I'm just calling out dipsh!ttery when I see it. Anyone with half a brain knows that Hill's punt return, no matter Bob's decision, wasn't worth 35 points. The return sent the game in OT where OU experienced a rare Bedlam choke. Had the return set up a two point conversion, I'd agree that it helped set up the win, but it was only 7 points which was good enough for a tie. The win came in OT. Don't be stupid.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  8. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
    A/V Subscriber

This is the problem I have with your stance. "Who is to say..." isn't a valid argument for stating OU will absolutely have an elite offense. It's highly speculative without any actual proof to back it up.

And your Rudolph takes are going in circles. Again, you saying Rudolph hasn't been a Heisman finalist has about as much validity as saying Tim Tebow is a better overall QB than Tom Brady because Tebow won a Heisman and Brady didn't.

Just because someone is a better "college QB" doesn't make them a better "overall QB."

• Like Like x 2
  9. OSUMIKE17

OSUMIKE17 Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
    A/V Subscriber

I bet, but if Rudolph was a better scrambler/runner, he would have been a Heisman finalist by now.

Assumptions are fun!

• Like Like x 4
  10. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Federal Marshal

Puhlease. We could say the same thing. We chose to punt the ball to Saunders instead of punt out of bounds or we win in Norman in 2012.

Same in 2013. If you wanna play that game fine. OSU should have won in 2012 and 2013- without your punt return TDs OSU wins. Great I'll take those two wins then and you can have the 2015 win. We can win another Big 12 title. Stoops didn't think he would return it for a TD. Guess what, he did and we won.

I said it was dumb in 2012- when OSU was up 10 points with 7 min left. Punt the damn ball out of bounds. Saunders returns it for TD and we still were up 4 but end up losing in OT cuz punt return.

2013 if it's not freezing cold and snow on the ground. that ball doesn't pop out after Gilbert hits the ground. OSU wins 2013 Big 12 Title.

11. Midnight Toker

You think this is me bohooing and and making excuses and being butthurt? lol. You are making me believe you dont know what those words mean. Seriously. It sounds like youre just throwing them out there just because. Im very pleased with how bedlam has went in the stoops era. From each win to each loss, it is what it is, I love the rivalry and am not bothered by the outcomes. I can handle losing to lil bro, it happens sometimes, so i dont see where the butthurt comes into play here.

Nope his punt return wasnt worth 35 points, but it won them the game. No punt return, osu loses that game. Anyone with half a brain knows that. Dont be stupid.

My point is they dont need an all out stud to come in and get 90 catches for 1700 yards to be an elite offense. They just need guys who can run routes, get open, catch balls and make plays for the pass game to be very successful, it's how that offense works. They just happened to have superstar talents at wr during Riley's tenure. My proof of a highly prolific Riley offense without studs is the 2014 ecu offense. His system with a great qb and a line giving him time is pretty effective.

It has validity as it's evidence that not only OU fans, but football experts across the nation agree that Mayfield is an exceptional qb, and he's been better than Rudolph. If it makes you feel better, instead of saying Mayfield is a better qb, you can just say that Mayfield has played better. All we can go by is what we see on the field and Mayfield's resume is more impressive. I have no problem admitting that Rudolph has better nfl prospects, his measureables are suited for life in the nfl and Mayfield isnt. However, for some reason Mayfield has been better in college where it matters. Take it for what it's worth cause I dont much care about what they do in the nfl unless it's playing for my team.

12. Midnight Toker

Yep, exactly. Right on the nose there. Without the punt return, OU loses.

Im starting to see a pattern here. If there is any amount of snow, water, or cold osu is destined to lose. Man it really sucks you have to play football outside in the elements huh?

13. jobob85

jobob85 Alcoholistic Sage
    A/V Subscriber

So, was it Hill or Mayfield that was the grad transfer? Because if it is neither, then we have let a sooner transform this into another "Norman circle jerk"

• Like Like x 6
  14. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber

Is this real life? Making excuses over a loss is text book butthurt behavior in the real world. In your alternative reality, maybe it means something the opposite, but then again.. you start talking about the overall record again in your post. That's the classic sooner security blanket and cure all for butthurt.

• LOL LOL x 1
  15. Midnight Toker

Yes, it's very possible, though I would say he'd need to be more efficient. Unless he had the athleticism of Jackson, then you dont have to be as efficient to get heisman finalist love.

I find myself asking the same thing after your post.

Something tells me you dont know what butthurt means. Lets examine this:

Butthurt is defined as: 1. Overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful.
    and 2. An excessive or unjustifiable feeling of personal offense or resentment.

Now, lets review my previous three posts that apparently caused you to spawn the word:

Applying what we know about how butthurt is defined, where in theses posts do I come off as overly or unjustifiably offended or resentful? Can you point out where i was excessively or unjustifiably displaying personal offense or resentment?

16. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber

Short term memory loss? Or do think I'll take your quotes at face value and not go back to the original quote that showed your butthurt to begin with? Mighty convenient to not use the quote function where I can click the arrow and go back, but here it is just in case you've smoked your butthurt away..

The above quote is an excuse. Excuses are classic traits of butthurt.

17. BrackFridayBunduru

BrackFridayBunduru Greenhorn

More efficient than best td/int ratio?

18. Midnight Toker

Well, that's just one of many statistics. It's a fine one to have. td/int ratio is nice. Though we can also compare completion percentage, touchdowns accounted for, yards per attempt, points/touchdowns per attempt, rushing, sacks, numbers vs just big 12 teams, ranked teams, shit teams, close games, blowouts, and then a combination of multiple metrics to come to an aggregate rating. A rating which Mayfield set a national record in last year.

We can even compare some really granular stuff like red zone offense.
    In the red zone here are the two guys' stats (19 yard line to the end zone)

25/45 196 yards, 55.6% completion, 13 td 1 int, 7 sacks, 36 yards rushing and 6 TD, 183.0 rating
    26/38 195 yards, 68.4% completion, 15 td 0 int, 1 sack, 53 yards rushing and 6 TD, 241.8 rating

Which is which do you think?

We could compare close games! Final margins of 0-7 to see how they perform when the game is on the line!

128/199 2029 yards, 64.3% completion, 15 td 3 int, -17 yards rushing with 1 TD, 171.8 rating
    72/97 1209 yards, 74.2% completion, 12 td 2 int, 94 yards rushing with 3 TD, 215.6 rating

We can compare against ranked teams!

105/166 1444 yards, 63.3% completion, 9 td 1 int, 77 rush yards with 3TD, 153.0 rating
    125/182 1876 yards, 68.7% completion, 15 td 4 int, 117 rush yards with 5 TD, 178.1 rating

Vs conference teams

191/302 2760 yards, 63.2% completion, 19 td 3 int, 101 rush yards with 3 TD, 158.8 rating
    180/245 2876 yards, 73.5% completion, 31 td 6 int, 139 rush yards with 6 TD, 208.9 rating

But sure, Rudolph did have a better overall td:int ratio last year.

19. Midnight Toker

Nope, just 0 butthurt. Hopefully you realize that simply saying something doesnt make it true. About my quoted post- that's not an excuse, that's not butthurt at all. Lol. That's just what happened. An excuse would be "Ou wasnt prepared or in position or made the wrong call" . I simply stated they lost to Hill and that punt return because that's what happened. Come on guy. I provided the definitions of butthurt and you still managed to fail miserably. What's your excuse? Too cold, too rainy? Or does your mind actually think my post was full of unreasonable and unjustifiable personal offense/resentment? :thumbup:

20. osuwhit

A/V Subscriber

Exactly this. Many other sooners say the same thing. We won because Hill/Stoops. That's butthurt.