Gundy’s comments today- the non sports parts

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
"Once you're finished trying the red herring I think we've got some crow for you."
"Funny watching you squirm. I bet you really love Riley these days since he's a good virtue signaler."

You weren't so even-handed with your sentiment when you thought you were right. Funny how now you want to move on and you diminish it as simply throwing out a date. I will agree with you that's it's time to move on but first enjoy a bite of the old crow you gave me. I haven't eaten any of it.
Those are still my current feelings, so thank you for the repost??

Please show me where my opinion has changed from my first post on this matter to my last. I'll be waiting...

Feb 4, 2016
florida
Time for this argument to die a quick death. Football as we know it is going to suck this fall. Look at the states who decided to reopen early. They are getting more cases everyday. Science always wins these arguments. You think Mr and Mrs Smith are going to let their son or daughter go anywhere near BPS this fall? HELL NO!!!! My niece is going to Seton Hall this fall and it's already been decided that come Thanksgiving break all students are going home and finishing the semester online from home. The SEC can thump their collective chests all they want but when the second wave of this fucking virus starts sweeping thru the south football will become an afterthought. REMEMBER SCIENCE ALWAYS WINS

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
Time for this argument to die a quick death. Football as we know it is going to suck this fall. Look at the states who decided to reopen early. They are getting more cases everyday. Science always wins these arguments. You think Mr and Mrs Smith are going to let their son or daughter go anywhere near BPS this fall? HELL NO!!!! My niece is going to Seton Hall this fall and it's already been decided that come Thanksgiving break all students are going home and finishing the semester online from home. The SEC can thump their collective chests all they want but when the second wave of this fucking virus starts sweeping thru the south football will become an afterthought. REMEMBER SCIENCE ALWAYS WINS
Well, aren't we a little testy?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Those are still my current feelings, so thank you for the repost??

Please show me where my opinion has changed from my first post on this matter to my last. I'll be waiting...
Make sure you just pick the feathers out, I imagine they are hard to swallow. There's not much left to debate with you so let's hope for a great season. In the end, we all agree on that.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
Well, aren't we a little testy?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Just trying to be realistic about what to expect this fall. I'm just not seeing how this is going to work out and at the same time have a sense of fairness toward the competitive fairness of athletics.Some schools are welcoming athletes back June 1. Some on June 15. Still others not till mid July. And what about social distancing in a locker room? Are ice tubs going to be emptied after each player uses? Their is no way the CDC will relax their guidelines before September. What are university presidents going to say to their coaches when some try to cut corners, you know this will happen on many campuses. I' m just not sold on how this is going to be accomplished within the guidelines set forth. If one kid gets the virus, god forbid, are you going to quarantine the whole team? Just his position group? Just the team on the side of the ball he plays on? Are you going to only play teams within driving distance of your campus so there is no overnight stay like NASCAR is attempting to do right now? So many questions have to be answered before August arrives.

Apr 7, 2006
Oklahoma was projected in one popular model to need 7000 hospital beds on April 21 and had 298 hospitalized that day. Don't panic - science hasn't completely mastered this one yet. This may be an odd year upcoming, but there's still much to be learned.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
Oklahoma was projected in one popular model to need 7000 hospital beds on April 21 and had 298 hospitalized that day. Don't panic - science hasn't completely mastered this one yet. This may be an odd year upcoming, but there's still much to be learned.
You know you just jinxed Oklahoma, right? Wait and see my friend wait and see.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Unless Mr. and Mrs. Smith's kid is over 75 years old science says they have a pretty high probability of surviving the big woo.

Your post is surprisingly emotional for someone beating the drum for science.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
You know you just jinxed Oklahoma, right? Wait and see my friend wait and see.
How about no. “Science” has been really off so far. Unless you’re morbidly obese, diabetic, or over 70, the data says you will probably be ok. If you’re still scared how about you stay home forever in fear and the rest of us will go on with our lives. Don’t forget your mask especially by yourself in your car if you get the courage to venture out.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
How about no. “Science” has been really off so far. Unless you’re morbidly obese, diabetic, or over 70, the data says you will probably be ok. If you’re still scared how about you stay home forever in fear and the rest of us will go on with our lives. Don’t forget your mask especially by yourself in your car if you get the courage to venture out.
I sometimes wear my mask when I go to the bathroom alone but that's another issue.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Football will be play ed. This virus death is crazy low. Just slightly more deadly than flu. Massive overreaction.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I read somewhere where someone really nailed this issue-

"Science” has been really off so far. Unless you’re morbidly obese, diabetic, or over 70, the data says you will probably be OK. If you’re still scared, stay home forever in fear and the rest of us will go on with our lives"

Throw in cancer patient/survivor and a few other immunity issues and that statement about covers it.

Time to close this thread an move on- or move it to the Political board.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I read somewhere where someone really nailed this issue-

"Science” has been really off so far. Unless you’re morbidly obese, diabetic, or over 70, the data says you will probably be OK. If you’re still scared, stay home forever in fear and the rest of us will go on with our lives"

Throw in cancer patient/survivor and a few other immunity issues and that statement about covers it.

Time to close this thread an move on- or move it to the Political board.
So, no mask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I'd rather be conservative about the second wave of a pandemic. Because of what experts in this field have been saying.

I'd rather not be so liberal about the health of my family and neighbors.
You know my thoughts on this. But I still wonder about this line of thought. I trade for a living you know that. Seldom does everything hit. If you would have shorted everything the experts said as late as mid April and this was a market you would have never lost. If you would have bought every re-open you would have never lost. So why do you still believe the experts? I’m not gonna argue with anything you say I honestly want to hear.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
That big figure was only if Oklahoma did nothing in response to the virus. So it was known it had better do something. And it has worked out well. If people in poor health will avoid going out enough and not around positive people when home, the 2nd wave, if it must come, shouldn't have many deaths. People in nursing homes should continue to be well protected, since there has been a lot of cases there, which led to death in Oklahoma.

Last edited: