House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
Immigration SHOULD be bipartisan but when one side wants open borders, that’s impossible.
Trump has done away with burdensome regulations and opened more lands to oil and gas production.
Trump is standing up to China which no other politician would do. If other presidents had stood up to them, we wouldn’t be in this mess now. Trumps strategy is a long term negotiation and I’m willing to give him a shot at it.
Tax cuts have NOT exploded the deficit. The government is collecting more revenue than ever before. The uncontrolled spending is exploding the deficit.
While there are some on the left who are in favor of open borders that is not the position of most just like a zero immigration policy is championed by some on the left but is not reasonable. The Ds and Rs had a compromise on immigration which included border security funding but Trump pulled away bc freedom caucus pulled the rug out from Ryan. Don’t pretend that all Ds want open borders. That’s Hanity speak.

Do you know if the land opened by Trump had any proved, recoverable reserves? How about infrastructure to get rigs in? What about infrastructure to get product to market? If Trump is so good for energy why are we seeing bankruptcies? Why aren’t rig counts going up?

I wonder if steel workers and farmers share your thoughts on China?

And Trump’s own people say the deficit is increasing because of the tax cuts.

Patron

Wrangler
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Forget elections let the Deepstate, GlobalElite, PedoElite decide if they can’t handpick our President they have ways to invalidate elections. They can’t CONTROL DJT45, they won’t be able get him out of office they know they can’t beat him. There is only one solution left watch your back DJT.

Dec 9, 2013
Swamp still filling up. Ok so Trump has these 2 mob guys, Lev & Igor running around Ukraine directing US policy along w his attorney Rudy who happened to get paid a cool half million from these 2. According to Lev in May 2019 they told the incoming Ukraine Government that unless they opened investigation into Joe Biden they would not get their aid & VP Pence would not be attending the new Ukraine Pres inauguration. Now it could be Lev is lying but 3 things. 1st Ukraine doesn’t open Joe Biden investigation. 2nd US withholds aid. And 3rd VP doesn’t attend inauguration.

But who goes in his place? That would be Sec of Energy, Rick “Maybe They Won’t See Me if I Resign” Perry. Why is this important? Well it turns out 2 of his buddies from the Texas O&G industry who have funneled tons of cash into GOP campaigns are the winners of a multi million dollar contract from the Ukraine government for drilling in the Ukraine. Turns out these 2 weren’t even the lowest bidders.

How come we haven’t heard 1 word from the GOP or Trump about investigating this? Couldn’t be that they weren’t serious about corruption in Ukraine?

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
But who goes in his place? That would be Sec of Energy, Rick “Maybe They Won’t See Me if I Resign” Perry. Why is this important? Well it turns out 2 of his buddies from the Texas O&G industry who have funneled tons of cash into GOP campaigns are the winners of a multi million dollar contract from the Ukraine government for drilling in the Ukraine. Turns out these 2 weren’t even the lowest bidders.

How come we haven’t heard 1 word from the GOP or Trump about investigating this? Couldn’t be that they weren’t serious about corruption in Ukraine?
I'm not overly familiar with this part of the story but have spent a career bidding on oil and gas projects and can honestly say the lowest bid is not always the best bid. I would also say the O&G generally donates more to the GOP.

Dec 9, 2013
I'm not overly familiar with this part of the story but have spent a career bidding on oil and gas projects and can honestly say the lowest bid is not always the best bid. I would also say the O&G generally donates more to the GOP.
I agree with both points you made & the Ukraine’s story is that they went w the Americans over the US because their technical grasp was better which if true could make up the delta in the bids by enhanced recovery/better results. But this is a 50 year contract.

Let’s not gloss over the fact that we have 2 mobsters interacting w the incoming Ukraine government on behalf of the US. And isn’t it just a bit “swampy” that when the VP can’t go we send the Sec of Energy and not the Sec of St or the Sec of Def. And then magically a company connected to Perry wins a contract at the same time Trump is extorting Ukraine. And Perry resigns in the middle of all this. This is next level corruption but not one word from the GOP who self admitted cares a sh*t ton about corruption in Ukraine.

SLVRBK

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I agree with both points you made & the Ukraine’s story is that they went w the Americans over the US because their technical grasp was better which if true could make up the delta in the bids by enhanced recovery/better results. But this is a 50 year contract.

Let’s not gloss over the fact that we have 2 mobsters interacting w the incoming Ukraine government on behalf of the US. And isn’t it just a bit “swampy” that when the VP can’t go we send the Sec of Energy and not the Sec of St or the Sec of Def. And then magically a company connected to Perry wins a contract at the same time Trump is extorting Ukraine. And Perry resigns in the middle of all this. This is next level corruption but not one word from the GOP who self admitted cares a sh*t ton about corruption in Ukraine.
I've read a little on it this morning and everything I have read says the competition was transparent and the US guys won based on technical ability and financing, their royalties to Ukraine will be $7 million less than the #2 bidder over 50 years.

Part of what Perry has been doing is travelling the world to either sell US LNG or sell US companies for E&P, and there has been a big push in Europe to see the US as a more stable supplier over Russia. He has been talking with Ukraine about opening up the E&P to American companies since before their current President was elected, this is not something that is new and unprecedented for the DOE.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
I've read a little on it this morning and everything I have read says the competition was transparent and the US guys won based on technical ability and financing, their royalties to Ukraine will be $7 million less than the #2 bidder over 50 years.

Part of what Perry has been doing is travelling the world to either sell US LNG or sell US companies for E&P, and there has been a big push in Europe to see the US as a more stable supplier over Russia. He has been talking with Ukraine about opening up the E&P to American companies since before their current President was elected, this is not something that is new and unprecedented for the DOE.
So nothing shady about 2 mob guys conducting US foreign policy. They threaten that VP won’t attend. Instead we send Perry. During the visit Perry gives them a “list” of names to be considered as energy advisors & lo & behold the advisor they chose from the “list” is a long time buddy/donor of Perry’s and then magically a week later this new advisor/donor/buddy submits the “winning” bid for a 50 yr multi million $ project to a country that has just been extorted over military aid with a new administration coming to power.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I could take this more seriously if not for this pattern of behavior since about 10 minutes after the election. First it was the outdated electoral college then we went into the Russia conspiracy then they moved the goal posts again.

If you look hard enough for a particular solution you'll probably find it, and Trump is no angel, but this still feels too much like bitter fans blaming the ref for a loss.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I could take this more seriously if not for this pattern of behavior since about 10 minutes after the election. First it was the outdated electoral college then we went into the Russia conspiracy then they moved the goal posts again.

If you look hard enough for a particular solution you'll probably find it, and Trump is no angel, but this still feels too much like bitter fans blaming the ref for a loss.
Only difference this time..it is coming from within his own admin current and former and not from outside

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1194402353517981697?s=19

SLVRBK

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
So nothing shady about 2 mob guys conducting US foreign policy. They threaten that VP won’t attend. Instead we send Perry. During the visit Perry gives them a “list” of names to be considered as energy advisors & lo & behold the advisor they chose from the “list” is a long time buddy/donor of Perry’s and then magically a week later this new advisor/donor/buddy submits the “winning” bid for a 50 yr multi million $ project to a country that has just been extorted over military aid with a new administration coming to power.
I was involved in a deal back in the 90's working with a group that was developing a pipeline and processing facility in a Mediterranean country that is one of our allies. The group I was going to supply was told they had the best proposal and they wanted to work with them but they would need to go a different direction because a different group was preferred by the Clintons. The host country made a decision based on a political consideration that they assumed would help them geopolitically. I had a similar situation with a project the UN was involved with in the mid-2000's and the award was politically based. Things like this happen everyday, from my brief reading the Ukraine project seems more transparent than either of the two I mentioned.

BTW, the projects never got started because neither could be financed.

Dec 9, 2013
I was involved in a deal back in the 90's working with a group that was developing a pipeline and processing facility in a Mediterranean country that is one of our allies. The group I was going to supply was told they had the best proposal and they wanted to work with them but they would need to go a different direction because a different group was preferred by the Clintons. The host country made a decision based on a political consideration that they assumed would help them geopolitically. I had a similar situation with a project the UN was involved with in the mid-2000's and the award was politically based. Things like this happen everyday, from my brief reading the Ukraine project seems more transparent than either of the two I mentioned.

BTW, the projects never got started because neither could be financed.
Understood. Deals happen all the time bc of tangential benefits. And nothing wrong with that.

But how many of those deals were brokered by mobsters allied with POTUS by 1 degree of separation where the awarding government was literally at war and was being threatened with the withholding of military aid in an affront to their very existence?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Understood. Deals happen all the time bc of tangential benefits. And nothing wrong with that.

But how many of those deals were brokered by mobsters allied with POTUS by 1 degree of separation where the awarding government was literally at war and was being threatened with the withholding of military aid in an affront to their very existence?
two differences, aid wasn't ultimately withheld, and, I'm assuming, those contracts he's speaking of actually were awarded to Clinton approved contractors. Active foreign policy is just that, active and changing... the form this policy took when complete allowed them the aid they had asked for, heck I don't even think it was a long delay...Plus, my understanding is that it was military aid where in the past, under another POTUS, we only allowed humanitarian aid. SOOOO...I'm really not getting why this is a big deal NOR that it's anything except for politics and TDS.

Dec 9, 2013

IMO any criticism of the electoral college is based on sour grapes. You know how Presidents are elected now go win.

As far as Russian investigations go. Which party was in charge of the House when it launched their investigation? Which party was in charge of the Senate when they launched their investigation? And which party was in charge of the AG when they appointed a special counsel? If you don’t like Trump being investigated for Russia you have no further to look than the GOP. They were in charge of all 3. The Ds didn’t order 1 hearing nor refer anyone for charges. That was all GOP.

Also what has been proven a hoax about Russia’s interference in 2015&2016?