How about them Texas Rangers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Minarets

Orange Bred
Sep 20, 2006
Owasso
4.5 back in the Division
3.0 back in the Wild Card

We need The Angels and Red Sox to start losing some games! (And us to stop losing to Oakland in the last inning)

CowpokeMike

Federal Marshal
Mar 26, 2008
Oklahoma City
I hate raining on the parade as I'm a Rangers fan, but it's one game and the Rangers don't have a ton of pitchers.
I can't tell if this is in jest or not, I hope it isn't because Rangers pitching is what is keeping Texas in it this year. They have hitting, we know that, but it has been pitching that has kept the Rangers in the race this year. They are 6th in the AL with a 4.20 ERA, which is good for 11th in the entire MLB, 4th in Walks allowed at 351, tied for 3rd with 32 saves, and have only blown 8 saves which is best in the AL, 5th in OPP batting average at a .259 clip, tied for 5th in OPP OB% at .330 wich is better than the MLB average at .333. They have a very good WHIP, tied for 3rd at 1.36, where the MLB average is 1.39. I can throw out stats until I am blue in the face but they also have some good live arms on this team, and the bullpen is fantastic this year with guys like C.J. Wilson, everyday Eddie, Darren O'day, Jason Jennings, Jason Grilli, Francisco has been hurt but he has great stuff and guys like Tommy Hunter, Dustin Nippert, Scott Feldman, Derek McCarthy and that fire baller Feliz, combined with the veteran Kevin Millwood, the Rangers have a bevy of quality pitchers this season. Padilla was pitching well too but Texas designated him for assignment so he is gone, but this Feliz kid could make Padilla a afterthought. He is impressive.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I can't tell if this is in jest or not, I hope it isn't because Rangers pitching is what is keeping Texas in it this year. They have hitting, we know that, but it has been pitching that has kept the Rangers in the race this year. They are 6th in the AL with a 4.20 ERA, which is good for 11th in the entire MLB, 4th in Walks allowed at 351, tied for 3rd with 32 saves, and have only blown 8 saves which is best in the AL, 5th in OPP batting average at a .259 clip, tied for 5th in OPP OB% at .330 wich is better than the MLB average at .333. They have a very good WHIP, tied for 3rd at 1.36, where the MLB average is 1.39. I can throw out stats until I am blue in the face but they also have some good live arms on this team, and the bullpen is fantastic this year with guys like C.J. Wilson, everyday Eddie, Darren O'day, Jason Jennings, Jason Grilli, Francisco has been hurt but he has great stuff and guys like Tommy Hunter, Dustin Nippert, Scott Feldman, Derek McCarthy and that fire baller Feliz, combined with the veteran Kevin Millwood, the Rangers have a bevy of quality pitchers this season. Padilla was pitching well too but Texas designated him for assignment so he is gone, but this Feliz kid could make Padilla a afterthought. He is impressive.
hu-wha?!? pitching is the thing that is different this year.
[youtube]pAs6TDLuKgQ[/youtube]

frankeaton

Banned
Banned
Mar 3, 2004
Garland texass
not going to say a word, it is late but:D:D:D
now I will... ROOKIE pitcher Derick Holland goes 9, 4 hits 96 pitches in 9 innings WOW:eek:

2 out of 3 in LAAAAAAAAA:D:D:D with 3 kids from OKC brought in due to injurys, I think all had at least 1 hit, Borbon, German and ??

Yankees sweept Boston, RANGERS tied in the wild card now:D:D:D

frankeaton

Banned
Banned
Mar 3, 2004
Garland texass
you forgot the 2 ROOKIES Hunter and Holland, I think they are both 4/5 and 1
but Feliz threw 101MPH the other night

OSUfreak82

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Dec 2, 2006
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
[youtube]pAs6TDLuKgQ[/youtube]

CowpokeMike def isnt talking out of his ass when it comes to sports..... Im not saying Chris is, I just dont know him. But im pretty sure you shouldnt have quoted Cowpoke on that one! :)

Will that being said, if it wouldnt have been directed at one of my friends, I would have thought the post was hilarious!