How do we finish?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
We’ve got TT, TCU and Baylor left on the regular season schedule. Do we win out? I’d like to believe we do, but after watching how anemic our offense is, I think we drop at least one of those three. Thoughts?

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
We’ve got TT, TCU and Baylor left on the regular season schedule. Do we win out? I’d like to believe we do, but after watching how anemic our offense is, I think we drop at least one of those three. Thoughts?
Coach Patterson will draw up a defense that will absolutely exploit how bad we are on that side of the ball. From Dunn down he's going to take us to the woodshed. Really from Gundy down since he admitted we had no plan for Bedlam. This will be like the 2018 game where we acted like getting them a bowl game was more important that us winning.

Nov 6, 2010
The Tech game will be the key. If we get mad and come out and take it to them, I think we win out. If we just don't have enough on the Oline to compete regardless of our mindset, then I think we lose out. We are one more loss from Chuba and Tylan opting out for their NFL future IMO. Losing Jenkins this week is a potentially impossible blow to overcome given the already ridiculous Oline attrition we've had.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
The Tech game will be the key. If we get mad and come out and take it to them, I think we win out. If we just don't have enough on the Oline to compete regardless of our mindset, then I think we lose out. We are one more loss from Chuba and Tylan opting out for their NFL future IMO. Losing Jenkins this week is a potentially impossible blow to overcome given the already ridiculous Oline attrition we've had.
Wonder when we see Jelani at Tackle. 6'7 275, good enough feet to run routes and be ignored. Might as well put him on the line with this attrition.

And before any of you freak out, it's tongue in cheek.......mostly.:D

Nov 6, 2010
Wonder when we see Jelani at Tackle. 6'7 275, good enough feet to run routes and be ignored. Might as well put him on the line with this attrition.

Actually I was thinking the same thing. It's pretty clear he isn't quick enough to be a consistent receiving threat, and even his height advantage is not very beneficial as evidenced by those fades last week. Charlie Johnson made the late switch and ended up getting a Super Bowl ring if I recall correctly. Just looking at him, I think he is already around 280. I think it wouldn't be that difficult for him to put on a little more weight and play tackle next year, if not do it this year given our situation.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Did you see him block during one of Sanders sacks? We were in max protection and he whiffed. Didn’t touch anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
3-0 and 0-3 seem unlikely. So it’s a coin flip between 2-1 and 1-2. My guess is 1-2, but Bedlam could be skewing my op
Coach Patterson will draw up a defense that will absolutely exploit how bad we are on that side of the ball. From Dunn down he's going to take us to the woodshed. Really from Gundy down since he admitted we had no plan for Bedlam. This will be like the 2018 game where we acted like getting them a bowl game was more important that us winning.

Yeah, I don't see us moving the ball against them with any consistency. I also think keeping up with TT (with Bowman at QB) is going to be a tall order. I think we beat Baylor.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yeah, I don't see us moving the ball against them with any consistency. I also think keeping up with TT (with Bowman at QB) is going to be a tall order. I think we beat Baylor.
Hopeful we beat all three...think that is possible and maybe likely IF we can get our offense moving the ball...Bedlam STUNK but it should have killed enough egos to get us back to real work.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Hopeful we beat all three...think that is possible and maybe likely IF we can get our offense moving the ball...Bedlam STUNK but it should have killed enough egos to get us back to real work.
IF we can get our offense moving the ball, that would change my opinion completely. Nothing I've seen the past few games gives me hope we can, but the UT game wasn't that long ago. If we can get some offense, we'll cruise through these three games.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
We have a better team than Baylor, Texas Tech and TCU. Mike Gundy is a better coach than Tech and Baylor. He’s an equal of TCU.

None of the teams have a significant home field advantage with fan limits, It’s late in the season; If Mike Gundy can’t go 3-0 against these mild threats he doesn’t want to keep his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.