Jett Duffy wont have the Cowboys to kick

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
around anymore. Jett Duffy, who looked like Joe Namath against the Cowboys, has entered the transfer portal

and was scooped up by Tulane. He will be a MAJOR headache for anyone who plays against him in Willie Fritz'
spread option attack.

Aug 16, 2012
hell, he should have scooted on over a couple hundred more miles to Starkville. He is just the type of guy Leach could get the ball rolling with.

Sep 9, 2013
hell, he should have scooted on over a couple hundred more miles to Starkville. He is just the type of guy Leach could get the ball rolling with.
He'll be able to showcase his state champion speed in a spread, run 1st offense. Lamar Jackson light.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Put down whatever you're smoking, he IS enrolling @ Tulane.
Toke away....

Texas Tech QB Jett Duffey no longer transferring to Tulane
By Bryan FischerJan 12, 2020, 3:25 PM EST

While most of the college football world is descending upon New Orleans for the national championship game on Monday, there will be at least one person who won’t be heading toward the Big Easy despite previous plans to do so.
In a tweet on Saturday, Texas Tech quarterback Jett Duffey announced he was no longer going to transfer to Tulane as he previously said but will instead re-open his recruitment by remaining in the NCAA Transfer Portal.

A former three-star recruit who wound up starting 11 games for the Red Raiders, Duffey had tweeted that he was joining the Green Wave just a few days prior. Nola.com reported, citing a source, that the signal-caller was denied academic admission at Tulane as the reasoning behind the sudden change of heart.
It’s not yet known what schools Duffey will start to look of now but chances seem high they fit a similar profile of being a Group of Five school with an opening under center not too far from the state of Texas. The redshirt junior is considered a graduate transfer so he should be immediately eligible in 2020 at whatever program he winds up at.
Duffey started the last eight games of the 2019 season at Tech and appeared in 10 total contests, throwing for 2,840 yards, 18 touchdowns and five interceptions. With him out of the picture, Willie Fritz could wind up finding another QB on the market or just stick with what’s on the upcoming roster in the form of a few inexperienced freshman or Southern Miss transfer Keon Howard, who was the primary backup to starter Justin McMillan.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...jett-duffey-no-longer-transferring-to-tulane/

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Put down whatever you're smoking, he IS enrolling @ Tulane.
I used to kind of feel sorry for all the sh!t people give you on this board, but sometimes you make it so easy. I just make a post directed towards no one, saying that he has changed his mind and you go attack mode. Best of luck hero.

https://twitter.com/jett_duffey/status/1216084295388925952

Sep 9, 2013
Okay, Tulane has high academic requirements for its student athletes. Jett Duffy wasnt accepted at Tulane, but that is where he wanted to go.

I'm quite certain he could have gotten accepted to Oklahoma State, but alas he tried to get into a school that takes the "student"" part of student athlete seriously, something Tulane and WVU have in common.

Huggins at cinn had a hoops team with a 0.0 GPA, but when he arrived at WVU he was told that academics are of the utmost importance.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Yeah, OSU just doesn't care about the student side of the student athlete:

https://okstate.com/news/2018/12/12/cowboy-football-earns-afca-academic-achievement-award.aspx

OSU is a land grant university - originally founded as schools to grant access for the "average man" to get a college degree. OSU has stayed more true to that mission than many of the other land grant schools regarding admission standards. It does not mean you will not get a good education - there are some excellent programs at OSU. I am very proud of my Accounting degree from OSU.

Aug 16, 2012
Okay, Tulane has high academic requirements for its student athletes. Jett Duffy wasnt accepted at Tulane, but that is where he wanted to go.

I'm quite certain he could have gotten accepted to Oklahoma State, but alas he tried to get into a school that takes the "student"" part of student athlete seriously, something Tulane and WVU have in common.

Huggins at cinn had a hoops team with a 0.0 GPA, but when he arrived at WVU he was told that academics are of the utmost importance.
Do you ever get dizzy looking down at the rest of the world? Must be quite the perspective way up above everyone else...in West Virginia.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
95% chance that @Nolaeer never attended, much less graduated from, any accredited university..........

Sep 9, 2013
I was actually joking about WVU's academic standards for athletes. WVU took props in the Big East until the conference adopted a rule to stop WVU and Louisville from doing it(only 2 schools that did). WVU is also a land grant university and is required by state law to accept anyone with a c average or something pretty low.

WVU does have more rhodes scholars than Pitt and many other schools, so it has good academics for the better students.

Anyhow, I grew up in WV, but I played and was a 3 year starter at a div 1 aa school you probably never heard of(in east). United States Merchant marine Academy. It is a federal academy, so it's kind of hard to get in to without a decent SAT score. We played deleware, maine, rhode island, boston univ, james madison, townson state, Lafayette, bucknell and similar schools few of you have ever heard of. we did fly down to LA and play nichols state.

After fulfilling my obligation to the Navy, I attended Tulane Law School.I played outside center on the rugby team while there and had a blast.

/cheers.