John Ward passed away

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 17, 2007
Lake Charles, LA
Sad to hear. John was a great athlete as you would expect of a two sport AA. I seem to remember he played some on both sides of the ball in football.

Condolences to the Ward family.

Jul 9, 2012
Apr 13, 2008
Yukon
I wasn't old enough to know John when he played at OSU and in the NFL, but I had the privelege of working with him on many different projects over the past 10 years at the state Capitol. He was truly a giant of a man both in size and spirit. His size could be intimidating, but he had a gentlness about him that made him very easy to talk to and work work with. He truly was a gentle giant. His word his laugh could fill the entire building. I am proud to say John Henry Ward was my friend and I am a better person because of it. God speed, John.

Sep 25, 2007
I almost got into a fight with him one night in the parking lot behind West Bennett my freshman year. Fortunately I was able to talk my way out of that one.
This wasn't over Ward sticking toothpicks into door looks in the basement of him parking his car in front of the door blocking in cars was it?
Not sure that it was Ward that did this.Just a story I remember about some football players and how they were backed down.

Orange Shadow

Banned
Banned
Oct 26, 2010
Highland Village, Texas
This wasn't over Ward sticking toothpicks into door looks in the basement of him parking his car in front of the door blocking in cars was it?
Not sure that it was Ward that did this.Just a story I remember about some football players and how they were backed down.
Seems I recall it being a dispute over a parking space in the lot just behind West Bennett just as both of us were driving up to park our cars. Needless to say I was smart enough to end the dispute by quickly uttering a few choice words that allowed Big John to have the spot we both sought. The entire football team (except for the married players) took up most of the first two floors of West Bennett back then. My room was on the fourth floor (Rm 471 to be exact).