Justin Gilbert going pro?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Doesn't surprise me. I think he played like he had his foot out the door this year. Great athlete, good kick returner but he played content at corner this year. Wish him the best in the future. Good Luck Mr. Gilbert.

Nov 30, 2011
I hope not. Would be nice to have some experience back there.

He had a disappointing year, but a couple hours at the combine will turn that around for him.

JoshOSU420

Athletic Supporter
Aug 12, 2004
OKC
Hope he does whatever he feels is best for him. If I was a DB I also would HATE playing in the style of defense we play. Stand back, let them catch a pass, then try to make an open field tackle on a WR, rinse, repeat. Sounds like it is designed to make DB's look bad.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
RA just said that he might go pro. Personally I think it would be a terrible decision to leave after a disappoint junior year.

Couple of days ago Justin tweeted this.

Justin Gilbert@Su4erman
Its been real stillwater !

Expand

He said if he had to bet right now he would be Gilbert goes pro and Randle returns. He said Randle love OSU and playing college ball and his probable draft round would be late 2nd or later. He said Gilbert thinks he is ready to go pro even if its in the later rounds.

pokefan_4

The Colossus of Clout
A/V Subscriber
Jun 23, 2008
Kansas City, Missouri
He said if he had to bet right now he would be Gilbert goes pro and Randle returns. He said Randle love OSU and playing college ball and his probable draft round would be late 2nd or later. He said Gilbert thinks he is ready to go pro even if its in the later rounds.
He thinks he's ready to go based on what? 2012 was nowhere close to 2011.... He needs another year. I'm willing to watch him play corner one more year... Assuming we make changes at the Defensive coaching position(s)

Jun 20, 2012
Hope he does whatever he feels is best for him. If I was a DB I also would HATE playing in the style of defense we play. Stand back, let them catch a pass, then try to make an open field tackle on a WR, rinse, repeat. Sounds like it is designed to make DB's look bad.
^THIS!!! Playing for us killed his 1st rd stock from last season. Wtf would he stay? He'll kill em at the track meet, and I'd leave too, if I was him. Our defensive secondary strategy is a joke. Our safeties can't cover anyone, so the corners have to play it safe even moreso than the 2011-2012 season. He will be missed, and people acting like he's a bum are pretty quick to forget how excellent he was last year.

internationalaw

Reading about OSU football somewhere
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2010
USA
If Gilbert is projected at 3-4th round right now then once he hits the combine, he'll jump up to 1st or 2nd.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
different sport, but see: curry, jameson
Yes, he did leave early and for good reason as the Bulls said they'd make him their second round draft pick.

After Gilbert's performance this season, I don't see why any team would want to draft him in any early round.

bacowboy

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2004
BA
He thinks he's ready to go based on what? 2012 was nowhere close to 2011.... He needs another year. I'm willing to watch him play corner one more year... Assuming we make changes at the Defensive coaching position(s)
It might be that he is just ready to go the Robert made it sound.