Kingsbury gone?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Saban is from WV, his wife is from WV. Maybe he's looking for a new challenge. Win a national title at WVU and that would be his 3rd national title at different schools.

Gundy is secretly looking forward to the field being named after him and securing his place in school history.

No need to go after Saban, try for Vince Lomardi instead.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
You think our coach is capable of winning another one after watching How terrible we looked this year... I wouldn’t bet on it at this point
I don't know. We've gotten close so many times it's not hard for me to imagine another season where things line up in our favor again between now and his retirement. Gundy may not need that extra boost to get to that level, but he's already notched a pretty lofty place in OSU football history. If he finds a way to win another championship he would have quite a resume' relative to other coaches in OSU history.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I don't know. We've gotten close so many times it's not hard for me to imagine another season where things line up in our favor again between now and his retirement. Gundy may not need that extra boost to get to that level, but he's already notched a pretty lofty place in OSU football history. If he finds a way to win another championship he would have quite a resume' relative to other coaches in OSU history.
It depends if the Coach Gundy who gives a flying crap shows up

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
carlton the dallas newspaper guy says they are shooting for DH, and DH has expressed interest.

Carlton is usually very spot on with his information. Im guess if TT takes DH, WVU would look hard at Gundy and Matt campbell. It is said WVU's ad, who didnt hire DH, isnt real high on him.
You cannot be serious.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
One less win than Gundy, including the caveat of losing his starting QB. Canned. Thumped State 41-17 in Boone World. Canned.

Kliff is a guy who was making a lot of progress and building what looked to be a solid program. I would have hung onto him. Maybe TT has another Leach understudy ready to come back home?
That was just the straw.

Conference records for tech under Bro:
3-6
3-6
3-6
4-5
2-7

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Gundy is secretly looking forward to the field being named after him and securing his place in school history.

No need to go after Saban, try for Vince Lomardi instead.
Apparently, Vince isn't answering his phone, or returning emails, so there may be something happening here...

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Why do people think Riley goes to the NFL? Why would he?
I think it really depends on the job honestly. Cleveland, he stays at OU, but rumor out there that Mike McCarthy is gonna be out in Green Bay. That's definitely a job that could pull him away from OU (if GB were to be interested).