Little Xii fines Tech AD

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 18, 2009
$25,000

He basically came out and agreed with their statement that they had screwed up. They then fine him.

Only putting this on the OSU board because when you read the responses to the various publications, it's staggering how often ut and ou fans reply with all the times they think they've been screwed. It's beyond laughable for those two to cry "whoa is me" over a missed or bad call that changed the outcome of the game. ut fans also accuse the conference of protecting ou with scheduling. One ut fans still thinks he's owed a refund for a blatant missed holding call against us.

However, the ISU fans are the best. Did you know they have never had a call go their way? Ever. They are always being screwed and it's intentional.

I always wondered why more coaches and AD's don't call out the conference. I guess if $25K is the penalty for agreeing with them, I can only imagine how bad it would be if someone actually got upset.

If this is the wrong place, feel free to move. If I missed a thread already posted, this is my preemptive apology, I didn't see it anywhere else but didn't look at that hard.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Lol, I saw that. What a freakin' clownshow sometimes.

I'm not gonna look back & find it, but to the point about OU & their schedule, I posted something in the preseason where they haven't had back to back road games in conference in over a decade.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

I'm not gonna look back & find it, but to the point about OU & their schedule, I posted something in the preseason where they haven't had back to back road games in conference in over a decade.
Add to that their biggest road games are a neutral site and Stillwater...

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Ou and ut lead the league in uncalled holding penalties...every year. One of the high points of watching their game last weekend was seeing them actually have to deal with that from their opponent like the other 8 schools do the rest of the year.

I've seen calls go against OSU and I've seen calls go for us. Very rarely have I thought those changed the outcome of a game, although I do think it has happened. ISU did get royally screwed against ut several times but they have gotten calls before....come on clones.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Back to back next year finally.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ou and ut lead the league in uncalled holding penalties...every year. One of the high points of watching their game last weekend was seeing them actually have to deal with that from their opponent like the other 8 schools do the rest of the year.

I've seen calls go against OSU and I've seen calls go for us. Very rarely have I thought those changed the outcome of a game, although I do think it has happened. ISU did get royally screwed against ut several times but they have gotten calls before....come on clones.
Hello, Central Michigan??? That stupid call cost us the game.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

I think UO pays a heavy price for that schedule. As soon as they get into the national conversations in a huge bowl or playoff game, they pull a sooner.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Hello, Central Michigan??? That stupid call cost us the game.

That call gave them a chance at a hail mary that they still converted. There is no doubt that bad call led directly to the loss. There is also no doubt that better coaching could have prevented it. At least IMO.
Rehashing old arguments here, I did say it happens, just that it's rare in my experience.