Majorie Taylor Greene Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Fair. I'd forgotten about the Portland deal (which seemed to be encouraged by their local government).
But the point withstanding is the riots didn't interfere with our democratic processes. They didn't occur at polling stations or – I don't know – at the capitol when votes were being certified by our representative bodies. Seriously, if people can't see that the insurrection was another level of attack on our means of government, then they are drinking Republican/MAGA Kool-Aid.

Nov 6, 2010
If people can only see one extreme and not the other, then they are either on one of the extremes or blinded by what you are trying to claim.

I can see that MTG is a loon. Apparently other cannot see or admit the same for Talib and Omar. I appears some just brush—off their anti-Semitic statements and don’t find them offensive because they vote for the party they support.
I think you're wrong about that. MTG is a showman, providing the theater her constituents demand. So IMO, the loons are her constituents. As far as the comparison to Omar say, it's not surprising she is anti-Israel, or at least anti Israel expansionism because she represents a pocket of muslim somali immigrants there in Minn and it shouldn't be a surprise they are going to be sympathetic to the palestinians. And as far as anti-semitism, Israel has done a really nice job in framing any criticism of Israeli policy as "anti-semitism". The famous comment she made about the benjamins seems to be pretty well backed by the data as well. I just cannot see a close comparison here, unless there are some other "crazy" stances that Omar has taken. Her comment about 9/11 was chickensh*t, and clearly meant to diminish the role her religion played in it, but nothing I would call crazy. The NASCAR republicans own crazy right now and it's not close.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ver-22m-on-lobbying-and-contributions-in-2018

Oct 7, 2008
I think a major difference you and I have is that I do not put the riots on the same level as the insurrection. The riots were violent and destructive, but the insurrection was a direct attack on the democratic process of verifying the election.

That is one of my main points that the extremist republicans (especially Trump and Greene) are a danger to democracy. I am more loyal to our constitution and democracy than I am to the republican party I am a member of.
It really is insane how much Republicans have hand waved away with Trump. If you would have asked me five years ago how bad things could possibly get, never in my wildest dreams would I have said oh just a President who cowtoes to white supremacist groups, conspiracy theorists, and a cult... and refuses to acknowledge the results of an election and organizes a stop the steal rally the day of certification where he encourages his followers to storm the nation's Capitol, oh and some of those followers were definitely there to assassinate elected officials and also they killed a cop or two. Oh yeah, and the vast majority of Republicans would STILL approve of him. Yeah, I never would have guessed it could get that bad.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
Conversely, you can assume Republicans aren't familiar with MTG because Fox ignores her craziness.

This article is from February, shortly after she was sworn in. I'm sure the numbers would be different today.
Not a republican (rignt leaning independent) and don't watch Fox or any cable news and I admit I never heard of this nutcase before this thread. This girl is a certifiable loon.

Mar 11, 2006
I wonder if the reason some have the view that the summer riots were not all that bad has to do with the framing from some in the media. There were literally hundreds of millions of dollars of destruction from the summer riots --- buildings burned to the ground. Yet we had both CNN and MSNBC separately run videos of their reporter standing in front of burning buildings while insisting the riots were peaceful.

The DC riots were near universally condemned as they should be. But losing freedoms seems to me a very important item we are protected in our republic/democracy. Not being able to walk down certain streets because they are autonomous zones, or having multiple stores looted, or public buildings burnt to the ground, or thousand of livelihoods destroyed overnight is extremely problematic. And we had some leaders promote this and praise rioters that pushed death of police officers. That seems very bad at least IMO.

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I wonder if the reason some have the view that the summer riots were not all that bad has to do with the framing from some in the media. There were literally hundreds of millions of dollars of destruction from the summer riots --- buildings burned to the ground. Yet we had both CNN and MSNBC separately run videos of their reporter standing in front of burning buildings while insisting the riots were peaceful.

The DC riots were near universally condemned as they should be. But losing freedoms seems to me a very important item we are protected in our republic/democracy. Not being able to walk down certain streets because they are autonomous zones, or having multiple stores looted, or public buildings burnt to the ground, or thousand of livelihoods destroyed overnight is extremely problematic. And we had some leaders promote this and praise rioters that pushed death of police officers. That seems very bad at least IMO.
Which lawmaker praised looters and/or arsonists?

Do you understand that protests and sociopath looters/ thieves are two different groups of people that have very small if any overlap?

Mar 11, 2006
Do you understand that protests and sociopath looters/ thieves are two different groups of people that have very small if any overlap?
I am not sure I understand that. Do I think the majority of protesters/marchers during the day also personally destroyed buildings and threw things at police ...no. But I think one enables the other. And some people ignore the end result because the initial activity favors their political leanings .... and vice versa think other activity is worse because the initial activity was against their political leanings.

Just like I think many protesters in DC enabled the law-breakers ..although it potentially may be fair to say there was only some small overlap.

Which lawmaker praised looters and/or arsonists?
Just earlier this year, Cori Bush on the House floor praised a rioter who multiple times called for the death of some police officers.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Awesome, Glad you can help me on this; were the donations specifically for arsonists and/or looters or were they for people practicing a civil disobedient order. Protesting/Marching longer than allowed or in certain places.

Thank you for pointing me toward a fund that was clearly going to arsonists and looters.

Can you also show me evidence of where they spend money on felonious acts so I can really shove it in a libtards face.

Thanks in advance.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I am not sure I understand that. Do I think the majority of protesters/marchers during the day also personally destroyed buildings and threw things at police ...no. But I think one enables the other. And some people ignore the end result because the initial activity favors their political leanings .... and vice versa think other activity is worse because the initial activity was against their political leanings.

Just like I think many protesters in DC enabled the law-breakers ..although it potentially may be fair to say there was only some small overlap.

Just earlier this year, Cori Bush on the House floor praised a rioter who multiple times called for the death of some police officers.
If this is what you’re referencing, it’s not exactly high praise. I wouldn’t put this anywhere near what MTG has done and said.

https://news.yahoo.com/democrat-cori-bush-praises-blm-224852958.html

Mar 11, 2006
If this is what you’re referencing, it’s not exactly high praise. I wouldn’t put this anywhere near what MTG has done and said.

https://news.yahoo.com/democrat-cori-bush-praises-blm-224852958.html
Bush was making a speech on the House floor to praise someone specifically for how they resisted and rebelled against police during riots... and duly noting in her speech that the person she was praising had multiple heated confrontations with police during riots ... And made that speech, at the US Capitol, knowing full well that that person filmed themselves yelling at police wishing that they were dead.
That doesn’t bother you?

Bush and Greene are the same.
Greene is loony and offensive for comparing wearing a mask to the Holocaust.
Bush is equally offensive and loony by comparing the action leading to the BLM movement to Palestine getting hit with missiles.

Greene apparently listens to weird conspiracy theories.
Bush makes up stories about other congressional people harassing her.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So making a speech on the House floor to praise someone specifically for how they resisted and rebelled against police during riots... and duly noting in your speech that the person had multiple heated confrontations with police during riots ... And making that speech, at the US Capitol, knowing full well that that person filmed themselves yelling at police wishing that they were dead.
That doesn’t bother you?

Bush and Greene are the same.
Greene is loony and offensive for comparing wearing a mask to the Holocaust.
Bush is equally offensive and loony by comparing the action leading to the BLM movement to Palestine getting hit with missiles.

Greene apparently listens to weird conspiracy theories.
Bush makes up stories about other congressional people harassing her.
I didn’t say it didn’t bother me. I said it’s not the same level, because it’s not. You keep trying to find an equivalency. But there is no “balance in the force” right now. Trump tipped the scales and now Greene has her finger on it.

Also, I read Bush’s statement and didn’t read it as praise for the rioter. She used it as an example of why the conflict is occurring. I don’t agree 100% with her conclusion, but it’s a far cry from fomenting an insurrection, holding an AR-15 next to an image of your congressional opposition, or supporting calls for a bullet in the head of the Speaker of the House.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So I am only 32, so I haven't really been paying attention until the first time Obama was elected, but has there ever been a time when a party clings so much to a FORMER president like this?
I’m 46, but I can’t remember this ever occurring before. I think it’s mostly because the other former presidents had a respect for the electoral process.

It’s like players who respect the game. They don’t spend time whining about being cheated or complaining about the opposing players/teams. They congratulate the other team and move on.

This makes me realize something. Bear with me as it’s a bit philosophical.

There’s an older book called Finite And Infinite Games (Simon Sinek recently wrote his take on it called The Infinite Game). It’s written by a religious scholar who developed a model for how we approach life. Finite games have set rules, specific players, winners, losers, a definitive beginning, and a definitive end. Infinite games do not. The goal of a finite game is to win. The goal of an infinite game is to keep playing. We play both in life.

Specifically for baseball, a single game is a finite game. It starts and ends. We have clear winners and losers. Etc. But the players also play an infinite game of baseball. This could include playing catch with their dad as a kid. The friends they made in little league. The way they treat the bat boy on their MLB team. How they interact with reporters and fans. It’s about how they respect the rules of the game. How they retire. Mentoring players. Passing the game on to their kids and grandkids. You can cheat to win a finite game, but negatively impact how well you’re playing the infinite game.

Trump (and MTG) is focused on the finite games. I don’t think he gets, or cares about, the infinite game. He’s fine with ruining it for everyone else if he doesn’t get his way. He thinks winning is all that matters. So, if his followers cling to him at the expense of the Republican Party and the respect for the system, so be it. As long as he wins (elections, power, money, whatever “scoreboard” he thinks matters).