Majorie Taylor Greene Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
That’s not the case and anymore logical than saying the average liberals agree with AOC.
It does illustrate that people that create their own echo-news-bubble and only consume right-leaning news or left-leaning news have a massive distortion of the other side of the aisle.

There is a reason that nearly all stories about Cori Bush and AOC are on right-leaning sites because the right news orgs uses them to paint Dems as loonies.
And conversely there is a reason that nearly all stories about MTG and Boebert are on left-leaning sites because the left news orgs uses them to paint Republicans as loonies.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It's a style of right wing punditry that's been enormously popular for decades. Trump broke the barrier into politics and now these bimbos are cashing in. Literally all you have to do is insult liberals, memorize a few memes and talking points, wave a gun around, and boom, you're in Congress.

The Republican party has become an absolute caricature of itself.
https://twitter.com/KTULNews/status/1467856352315805700

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
It does illustrate that people that create their own echo-news-bubble and only consume right-leaning news or left-leaning news have a massive distortion of the other side of the aisle.

There is a reason that nearly all stories about Cori Bush and AOC are on right-leaning sites because the right news orgs uses them to paint Dems as loonies.
And conversely there is a reason that nearly all stories about MTG and Boebert are on left-leaning sites because the left news orgs uses them to paint Republicans as loonies.
Agree with this; There are always going to be Conservatives/Liberals, right/ left etc. What Google, social media and both Fox News and MSNBC/CNN have done is taking the split and went at it with a jackhammer because an echo chamber is more pleasant, keeps the consumer more engaged and thus easier to market to.

These aren't news agencies, they are marketing companies. They want advertising dollars, if the consumer gets informed too, that's just a side effect.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I mean, that's been the path to power for any politician for quite a while. I'm 36 and that seems to have been both parties strategies since at least as long as 2005ish when I really started paying attention.
So, you don’t think anything has changed?

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
So, you don’t think anything has changed?
Honestly, no. Since I started paying attention to politics, shock and outrage has been the ticket. People like MTG and AOC are the result of having to up the level of outrage.

To win an election, you don't need strong policy. Hell, you don't even need to know what a policy is. You just have to convince enough people that your opponent is Hitler.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I mean, that's been the path to power for any politician for quite a while. I'm 36 and that seems to have been both parties strategies since at least as long as 2005ish when I really started paying attention.
I agree that it's always been a path to power, but we're on an exponential trend line. Historically you had to have some kind of stances outside of outrage, whereas now I'll bet not a single person, either right or left, could name a tenet of MTG's policy stances outside of "Trump won" or "Democrats should be shot" without looking it up.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I agree that it's always been a path to power, but we're on an exponential trend line. Historically you had to have some kind of stances outside of outrage, whereas now I'll bet not a single person, either right or left, could name a tenet of MTG's policy stances outside of "Trump won" or "Democrats should be shot" without looking it up.
Jewish space lasers are in there somewhere.

Agin....not fer.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
https://twitter.com/kenjeong/status/1467214958156869633?s=20
Cancer is a category of disease, not a disease. For example, Lymphoma is a disease and is a type of cancer.
Infectious diseases are a category of disease. COVID is a disease and a type of infectious disease.

Comparing death rates from all cancer to one specific infectious disease is disingenuous and idiotic.
I do realize that in the world of things this fool does that is small potatoes.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
https://twitter.com/kenjeong/status/1467214958156869633?s=20

Cancer is a category of disease, not a disease. For example, Lymphoma is a disease and is a type of cancer.
Infectious diseases are a category of disease. COVID is a disease and a type of infectious disease.

Comparing death rates from all cancer to one specific infectious disease is disingenuous and idiotic.
I do realize that in the world of things this fool does that is small potatoes.
She is a moron

sent from Tapatalk penalized by wearing a mask

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So now she has come up with the "Fire Fauci Act" where she claims that at Fauci's direction that Govt Shutdowns and Masks have ruined the US and accuses Fauci of using US tax payer money to have the virus intentionally created in China and then released on the world. Which are QAnon conspiracy Theories.

She is trying to write Qanon conspiracy into actual legislation

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
So now she has come up with the "Fire Fauci Act" where she claims that at Fauci's direction that Govt Shutdowns and Masks have ruined the US and accuses Fauci of using US tax payer money to have the virus intentionally created in China and then released on the world. Which are QAnon conspiracy Theories.

She is trying to write Qanon conspiracy into actual legislation

More and more I am starting to not understand this world we are in now....how is a person like this in any kind of power?