NCAA threatens pulling Women's College World Series in OKC over Transgender athletes bill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
From the Oklahoman article

The NCAA board of governors released a statement Monday afternoon that “firmly and unequivocally supports the opportunity for transgender student-athletes to compete in college sports.” It went on to say the locations where NCAA events are held need to be places where all student-athletes will be treated with dignity and respect.
“When determining where championships are held, NCAA policy directs that only locations where hosts can commit to providing an environment that is safe, healthy and free of discrimination should be selected,” the statement said.
Last week, an Oklahoma House panel advanced legislation that would prevent transgender athletes from playing on girls’ and women’s sports teams at public schools, colleges and universities. It is called the “Save Women’s Sports Act,” but if the NCAA pulls championship events from states with anti-transgender laws, the biggest impact in Oklahoma would be on women’s sports

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
A classic example of politicians advancing things that rally their base, divide us, and don't help society at large very much while sidestepping the hard tasks that actually matter to the majority of Oklahomans. No matter which side of this issue your opinion lies, surely it is something that can be decided at the collegiate level and not with legislation.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
A classic example of politicians advancing things that rally their base, divide us, and don't help society at large very much while sidestepping the hard tasks that actually matter to the majority of Oklahomans. No matter which side of this issue your opinion lies, surely it is something that can be decided at the collegiate level and not with legislation.
The NCAA has been moving left for a long time. This is just another example of their leftest actions.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I wonder if there will be a point when liberal feminists start thinking this is technically a person with XY chromosomes taking a scholarship away from a person with XX chromosomes.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The NCAA has been moving left for a long time. This is just another example of their leftest actions.
So, if an organization moves in one direction over time, you prefer that those issues are solved with new legislation?

I mean, the NRA was founded as a governing body for sports shooting. Since then, it has moved to the political right. Maybe some legislation limiting its actions would fix that issue.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Does the law prohibit college athletes from playing? If so and the NCAA has a different policy then this is a big issue and seems pretty clear in what the NCAA wil do based on their stance if not I don’t know that this is just legislating to the base. I would bet a majority of Oklahomans (even those not died in the wool GOP) support the bill so it would representative government of the populace and if the NCAA athletes aren’t impacted then why stop the tournament no teams have refused to play in the state to my knowledge. Like has UCLA a premier program from a progressive state refused a series with OU or has a team not been allowed to play with a full roster in Ok. Has an Ok team refused to take the field at home or anywhere against a trans athlete? If play is already going on it would seem the NCAA is cutting off their nose to spite their face as this is always a big event for women’s sports. That all being said the NCAA is a private group and can do what they want. There is no shortage in irony that with the massive strides that have been made for female sports that athletes born as males are one of the most polarizing issues going now.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Are there any trans athletes playing women's softball in the NCAA currently?
hard to say LOL.

Lex Clay hit a Homerun in OKC in 2007 during the college women's world series for the Tennessee Lady Vols to win their only game of that series. Most of her team mates had no idea she was transgender. Only her coach, a couple of friends, and the NCAA

Sep 3, 2010
hard to say LOL.

Lex Clay hit a Homerun in OKC in 2007 during the college women's world series for the Tennessee Lady Vols to win their only game of that series. Most of her team mates had no idea she was transgender. Only her coach, a couple of friends, and the NCAA
Wouldn't they eventually take over all women's sports? Looks like the NCAA is making the same threat in several states.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Wouldn't they eventually take over all women's sports? Looks like the NCAA is making the same threat in several states.
possibly as the NCAA's only requirement now for a transgender athlete to play on a women's team is documented proof of at least 1 year of testosterone suppressing treatment

But there isn't any proof that testosterone suppressing actually impacts muscle mass enough to level the playing field.

There is ongoing debate over the impact of biological sex differences in humans on sports abilities. People who oppose transgender women competing in women's sports say that they are given an unfair advantage over cisgender women due to higher testosterone levels and different muscle and fat distribution. Testosterone regulates many different functions in the body, including the maintenance of bone and muscle mass.[23] It is also argued that athletes who transition to a woman after puberty will have a greater muscle-to-fat ratio compared to female athletes.[6] A September 2019 study from the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm found that a year of hormone therapy decreased muscle mass in transgender women only modestly.[24]
Even after 24 months of testosterone suppression, bone mass may be preserved over 12 years.[25] Further, no study has reported muscle loss greater than 12% with testosterones suppression even after 3 years of hormone therapy. Males have approximately 40% greater muscle mass than females, so even with testosterone suppression, transgender women athletes have a muscle mass advantage over females. This is evidenced by transgender women being in the top 10% of females regarding lean body mass and possessing a grip 25% stronger than most females.
[25]

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Does the law prohibit college athletes from playing? If so and the NCAA has a different policy then this is a big issue and seems pretty clear in what the NCAA wil do based on their stance if not I don’t know that this is just legislating to the base. I would bet a majority of Oklahomans (even those not died in the wool GOP) support the bill so it would representative government of the populace and if the NCAA athletes aren’t impacted then why stop the tournament no teams have refused to play in the state to my knowledge. Like has UCLA a premier program from a progressive state refused a series with OU or has a team not been allowed to play with a full roster in Ok. Has an Ok team refused to take the field at home or anywhere against a trans athlete? If play is already going on it would seem the NCAA is cutting off their nose to spite their face as this is always a big event for women’s sports. That all being said the NCAA is a private group and can do what they want. There is no shortage in irony that with the massive strides that have been made for female sports that athletes born as males are one of the most polarizing issues going now.
But you could honestly flip the roles and say that the state is cutting off *our* nose to spite the face. If there is no problem (even evidenced by answering your questions), why introduce this legislation?

I would be interested in polling female athletes and seeing their opinion, especially how it is distributed across age.

I also find it ironic that the NCAA won't host championships in states that discriminate. It seems like just a couple of weeks ago the NCAA was discriminating against its own member athletes at a championship.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I'll actually take the dissenting opinion here and say that I agree with the idea behind the bill. It's a weird place in society now that saying you want to preserve the integrity of women's sports is the conservative viewpoint. Women struggled for decades in this country to get their spot at the table, I really hate the idea that someone born with male hormones can just show up one day and blow all the records out of the water. And women are just supposed to sit back and shut up about it? The progressive mindset is now so far left it's become indiscernible from 1950's conservative politics, haha.

As for not helping society at large, you've kind of lost me. Title IX is a big part of our society, so at one point we must have thought it was needed.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
But you could honestly flip the roles and say that the state is cutting off *our* nose to spite the face. If there is no problem (even evidenced by answering your questions), why introduce this legislation?

I would be interested in polling female athletes and seeing their opinion, especially how it is distributed across age.

I also find it ironic that the NCAA won't host championships in states that discriminate. It seems like just a couple of weeks ago the NCAA was discriminating against its own member athletes at a championship.
The reason would be if you are an elected official sent to represent the people of your state and 75% agree that male born athletes shouldn’t compete in female sports or vice versa then they are doing their job. A bigger discussion could be had that a state with bigger problems should focus elsewhere but I digress.

Trans athletes will be an issue. I have an acquaintance who’s daughter wrestles here in DFW and she is good. She isn’t good enough to beat a trans athlete that has all the evolutionary advantages of puberty to males. She wins all her other matches at least at the local level and they will not let her wrestle the trans athlete who is by every measure except his own view of himself is male. It’s a serious advantage whether it be one we decide to accept as a right of the individual or eliminate as a culture. This is gonna be a bigger issue than it is now but for now it seems like mainly posturing on all sides as I doubt a trans athlete throwing it faster or hitting it farther decides who wins and I doubt there are 10 if any trans athletes competing at the OSSAA or state funded level.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The reason would be if you are an elected official sent to represent the people of your state and 75% agree that male born athletes shouldn’t compete in female sports or vice versa then they are doing their job. A bigger discussion could be had that a state with bigger problems should focus elsewhere but I digress.

Trans athletes will be an issue. I have an acquaintance who’s daughter wrestles here in DFW and she is good. She isn’t good enough to beat a trans athlete that has all the evolutionary advantages of puberty to males. She wins all her other matches at least at the local level and they will not let her wrestle the trans athlete who is by every measure except his own view of himself is male. It’s a serious advantage whether it be one we decide to accept as a right of the individual or eliminate as a culture. This is gonna be a bigger issue than it is now but for now it seems like mainly posturing on all sides as I doubt a trans athlete throwing it faster or hitting it farther decides who wins and I doubt there are 10 if any trans athletes competing at the OSSAA or state funded level.
I'm betting the rise of E-sports will eventually drown out the trans athlete ordeal. E-sports is one of the fastest growing spectator events on the planet and co-ed teams complete all over now and women and men compete on the same levels against each other all the way to the Pro level.

OSU just opened their first E-Sports arena yesterday in the Student Union. I know a girl who works at a Game Stop who is going to college on a full ride for E-Sports.

OSU Gamers is currently the largest student organization

NASCAR is going to continue virtual racing competitions it was doing and televising during the pandemic due to just how popular it was with fans.

In 2018 there were over 25 million E-sports viewers in the US...by 2023 it expected to double to over 50 million with an estimate of 1 in 5 internet users turning in to an E-sports match at least once per month.

As transgender athletes enter the scenes of women's sports, I think more and more women will move to compete in E-sports where the the playing field for men and women is already even and co-ed competition is already practiced

In 2019 you had 1.05 million people per day tuning in to the WCWS and 4 million tuning in to watch the League of Legends World Championships.

E sports stadiums that hold 10k to 20k people are already up and running around the world...including several in the US. The E-sports wave is coming to America and it is coming fast

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
As a father of two girls, there is no way I would want my daughters to have to compete for playing time or against a genetically male athlete. I coach basketball and I know middle school boys basketball players can beat even the best girls HS varsity teams in the state. Nothing against girls — it is genetics.

That said, I don’t think state legislation should be made to prevent this. The state government does not need to be involved. We have governing bodies (OSSAA, NCAA, AAU, etc) that have pillars to enforce fair play and they should be entitled to make the rules they want.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Gonna laugh my ass of when womens sports are dominated by men lol. So woke you lose your ability to play sports. Hysterical. I don't see oklahoma backing down at all. This bill is to guarantee little girls and young women and are given a chance to participate in a league of their own free of men and their naturally stronger, faster, and bigger bodies. But the left is attempting to destroy that to cater to the mentally ill.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
As a father of two girls, there is no way I would want my daughters to have to compete for playing time or against a genetically male athlete. I coach basketball and I know middle school boys basketball players can beat even the best girls HS varsity teams in the state. Nothing against girls — it is genetics.

That said, I don’t think state legislation should be made to prevent this. The state government does not need to be involved. We have governing bodies (OSSAA, NCAA, AAU, etc) that have pillars to enforce fair play and they should be entitled to make the rules they want.
Except when the ncaa and other are waging their war on women and participating in this insanity. Where are women supposed to go then?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk