Neal Brown can recruit!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ATXCowboy

Like a Boss
A/V Subscriber
Sep 2, 2009
Austin
WVU fans always envisioned WVU eventually owning the Big 12 like they did the BE. The plan is taking longer than many of us like, but our feet are now on the right path. I mean there is no bama or lsu in the big 12, and wvu beat clemson 70-33 the last time we played them.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
My first thought when I saw the thread title, “Who the f@#$ is Neal Brown?”

Now after reading the post my thought is “Who the f@#$ cares?”
WVU is currently ranked 19th in recruiting rankings. I'll keep you posted. WVU getting a top 20 recruiting class would be good for the big 12's image btw.

WVU fans always envisioned WVU eventually owning the Big 12 like they did the BE. The plan is taking longer than many of us like, but our feet are now on the right path. I mean there is no bama or lsu in the big 12, and wvu beat clemson 70-33 the last time we played them.
You’ve convinced me. I now have WVU running over tOSU in the CFP semi-final, and then destroying Clemson in the Final.

No need for more propaganda here, so your time might be better spent elsewhere. See ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w0lfe

Wrangler
Aug 23, 2010
I'm convinced he's just a troll and isn't this delusional, but rather just says the most outrageous stuff to get reactions from people. WVU will never be able recruit like texas and ou does, in addition WVU is just a stepping stone program.

Sep 9, 2013
I'm convinced he's just a troll and isn't this delusional, but rather just says the most outrageous stuff to get reactions from people. WVU will never be able recruit like texas and ou does, in addition WVU is just a stepping stone program.
You've obviously never been to the 247 WVU sports site. I'm not a Kool Aid drinker in comparison to most. Many posters believe if RROD hadnt bailed for Michigan, after 3 straight top 10 seasons, WVU football would have reached new heights.

Saban is from wva, born and raised. If the dice would've landed differently and he'd landed at WVU, WVU would be counting its titles, rather than Bama.

New Orleans, btw, has been very hard hit by the coronavirus. My next door neighbor, a doctor, has it, and I live with a nurse who works at a hospital where these patients are housed. I'm 60, and had a triple bypass right before the last 4th of July.

So if I suddenly quit posting, no you didn't drive me off, God has called me home!

Sep 9, 2013
I'm 78, so i sympathize with you on the virus question. I wish you, your nurse and the Doc next door the best. Stay safe.
I WISH i'd make it to 78, but that is highly unlikely. Congratz on living that long. Stay safe, the virus picks on older folk.

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
I don't know your circumstances other than the triple bypass, but i know that my old partner had one in his 60s and he turned 90 last month. He was a smoker for a lot of his life. Hang in there, you never know what the man upstairs has in store for you.

Sep 9, 2013
West Virginia picked up another big commitment on Thursday night as Perry (OH) running back Jaylen Anderson pledged to the Mountaineers over offers from Florida, Kentucky, Pitt, and more.

Sep 9, 2013
West Virginia just added more big-play potential to their future offensive attack in the form of four-star receiver Kaden Prather who announced his pledge to the Mountaineers on Saturday.
Recruited by offensive coordinator Gerad Parker, Prather chose WVU over his other finalists in Penn State, Maryland, South Carolina and Oklahoma. The Germantown (Md.) Northwest standout has a long-standing relationship with Parker who was the receivers coach for the Nittany Lions a year ago.
Prather turned 42 receptions into 895 yards and nine touchdowns as a junior, showcasing good top-end speed, physicality after the catch, a smooth route runner that can win the contested catch. Prater is elusive in the open field and joins a West Virginia class that is coming together nicely on the offensive side of the ball.

Sep 9, 2013
I hate to say I told u so, but here's what national recruiting expert says:

Why West Virginia has a recruiting class worth noticing
ByBARTON SIMMONS 2 hours ago

West Virginia is putting together a really good under-the-radar class right now in the 2021 cycle. I know how an ‘under-the-radar’ typically is perceived. It’s a pat on the head. “Good job, good effort”. But this is no backhanded compliment. It’s an observation that something that feels significant is going down in Morgantown.
On Monday, West Virginia landed Tomas Rimac as its 11th commit of the 2021 cycle. Rimac has an unremarkable ranking in the mid-three-star range. However, 247Sports is currently in the process of taking a deeper dive on the offensive side of the ball in the 2021 class and Rimac has been one of the real revelations on the offensive line. He’s a player with the frame you want at offensive tackle and the background you want too. He plays on both sides of the ball for his high school at a high level. He’s also a standout in track where he throws the shot put over 58 feet and the discus over 163. He’s an athlete in a big man’s body and he’s a stock-up guy at offensive tackle in the 247Sports rankings.
But this isn’t just about Rimac. In a way, he’s the definition of under the radar. He doesn’t have the stars next to his name or the offer list of blue bloods that make him a national name but he does have the ability. That West Virginia found him before he arrived above the radar is a credit to the Mountaineers, particularly since it’s becoming a regular occurrence.
When you scan the West Virginia commit list, a lot of those ‘under-the-radar’ names emerge. As soon as you get past the Top100 and five-star no-brainers, the difference between a high three-star commit and a low four-star is much closer than many choose to acknowledge. As we’ve gone through the positional rankings, West Virginia’s commits have regularly popped as guys with significant potential to rise in our rankings or simply out-play their current ranking.
Wide receiver Kaden Prather is already a four-star. Running back Jaylen Anderson is currently ranked highest possible three-star grade of 89. When we reviewed running backs he was a player that popped in a big way with fantastic film, toughness, production and versatility. The same could be said for wide receiver Andrew Wilson-Lamp. Both look like strong candidates to contend for four-star status down the road. With an offer list that’s primarily Group of Five laden, tight end commit Treylan Davis also posts upper tier tight end film. From my international trip last spring to see a few hundred prospects in Amsterdam, it’s no surprised to see one of the most talented players from the event pop up on West Virginia’s commit list as well in Victor Wikstrom.
Even as it hits on the right under-the-radar types West Virginia has supplemented its class with a decidedly above the radar stud in Top100 talent Wyatt Millum on the offensive line. As a local product with a national offer list, he's the type of blue chip that Neal Brown can't miss on and he didn't. Outside of its own state West Virginia appears to be prioritizing the state of Ohio, a strategy that has worked significantly at Kentucky as Mark Stoops has elevated that program in the SEC.
My agreement with West Virginia’s eye for talent hasn’t been limited to the 2021 cycle though. We ranked Maryland athlete David Vincent-Okoli significantly higher than our peers in the 2020 class. Wide receiver Sam Brown was a four-star with us and a three-star at every other site. In-state players Zac Frazier and Sean Martin were viewed by us as some of the best three-stars in the country by us.
Recruiting rankings are extremely important and yet they don’t always tell the full story. It feels like this West Virginia class is making every rating point count in terms of quality, regardless of where it stands in the national list.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
Morgantown is a town of about 30,000. Everybody knows you can't recruit big time college talent to a small town setting like that - just ask a bunch of guys on this board.