New football ticket policy for visiting teams

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 15, 2005
A change in Big 12 Conference policy has reduced the required allotment of seats provided to visiting teams from 4,000 to 3,000. Several other schools have made those tickets available for sale to their fans.

Does anyone know if OSU will be limiting the number of tickets provided to the visiting teams? I would love to see 1,000 fewer Sooner fans in Stillwater on November 4.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
A change in Big 12 Conference policy has reduced the required allotment of seats provided to visiting teams from 4,000 to 3,000. Several other schools have made those tickets available for sale to their fans.

Does anyone know if OSU will be limiting the number of tickets provided to the visiting teams? I would love to see 1,000 fewer Sooner fans in Stillwater on November 4.
This could offset the reduced number of tickets available.

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK

So what do you propose to do about those nominal OSU fans who will sell their own seats to the highest bidder for that game, no matter that the buyer is a Sooner that's going to irritate everybody around them.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
So what do you propose to do about those nominal OSU fans who will sell their own seats to the highest bidder for that game, no matter that the buyer is a Sooner that's going to irritate everybody around them.
That's going to happen either way.

But do you think 1,000 OSU fans are selling those tickets to OU fans? Even if so, it changes nothing from the amount that are currently allowed in.

Feb 5, 2008
I think the bigger issue would be to NOT let their band play in our stadium. If they did the same to us, so be it, but that drolling chant they play is annoying. We tried to drown them out with our speakers a few years ago.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Generally, ou fans can't afford market rate.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
I say let them sell them, and then given that there are two home games following Bedlam this year, make sure they know they are the scum of the earth for shilling their tickets to sub-human Sooner fans in the name of a quick buck.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I say let them sell them, and then given that there are two home games following Bedlam this year, make sure they know they are the scum of the earth for shilling their tickets to sub-human Sooner fans in the name of a quick buck.
I'm a fan of vigilante justice

Feb 18, 2009

Only way that happens is if OSU fans don't make tickets available to them in the first place. Allotment has nothing to do with it.

And before the obligatory "they're my tickets I can do what I want" responses start, I agree with you. Do whatever you want with your tickets, I couldn't care less. My only point is that we could allot zero tickets to paperclip u and there will still be more than 3,000 zero u fans there, let alone the 1,000 requested. I agree with the OP too, I'd love to see as few there as possible.

Last edited:

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Only way that happens is if OSU fans don't make tickets available to them in the first place. Allotment has nothing to do with it.

And before the obligatory "they're my tickets I can do what I want" responses start, I agree with you. Do whatever you want with your tickets, I couldn't care less. My only point is that we could allot zero tickets to paperclip u and there will still be more than 3,000 zero u fans there, let alone the 1,000 requested. I agree with the OP too, I'd love to see as few there as possible.
Wait.

So you're saying that whether we give them an allotment of 3,000 or not, the same amount of Sooner fans would be in the stadium regardless?

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
I vote for allotting about 16,500 tickets to the trailer trash. Give them nice chair back seats and heat and let them watch on the video board inside GIA. They can even have their band with them. ;)

Feb 18, 2009
Wait.

So you're saying that whether we give them an allotment of 3,000 or not, the same amount of Sooner fans would be in the stadium regardless?
Yep. You've been going as long as I have, maybe longer. We've both been to Bedlam games with 5 figures worth of ou fans there. We could allot zero tix to them. We both know they'd still find ways in and our fanbase is usually responsible for their entry. Is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Yep. You've been going as long as I have, maybe longer. We've both been to Bedlam games with 5 figures worth of ou fans there. We could allot zero tix to them. We both know they'd still find ways in and our fanbase is usually responsible for their entry. Is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct, I have maladjusted gooner family members that actually think they are entitled to some of my tickets during that game.