New Football Uniforms

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Love the current uniforms with the kerchief motif. I vote that we go the other direction from traditional and mix it up like Oregon does. I think that would be a huge boost to our recruiting. Unless we’re recruiting a bunch of cranky sixty-somethings like those populating this thread.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
I liked the barbed wire on the jersey kerchief and the helmet. Do not like the orange on orange or the full Pistol Pete on the helmet - both are bad optics on TV and from a distance as they aren't legible. If we aren't going to have "Cowboys" on the jerseys, I like it on the pants.

I'd like away jerseys to say Oklahoma State and home jerseys to say Cowboys.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2013
My take-away from this thread... our uniforms have been incredible for the past decade (both "sets"). Something for everyone to like and something for everyone to dislike. And most importantly, nothing to *despise* since we've kept all forms of red away (and will forever).

It's always interesting to read the preferences. For me, gray has been both at the bottom of the heap and near the top. I really didn't like either the first gray jerseys that came out in ~2011 with small numbers or the flat light gray helmets. But I loved both the recent Black/Black/Gray uni combo (darker gray pants) and the gray military appreciation set. Regarding throwbacks, I loved the Barry and Thurman sets (along with almost everyone). On the other hand, the bucking bronc helmet was nice for nostalgia purposes but that's about it.

Again - my take-away is that our uniforms have been great and fun to discuss and I look forward to the next "set" if we are indeed going to see something new this coming fall.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
I’m still up for whichever gives us an advantage. Night game? All black. White shoes when white chalk is being used. Silver helmets for sunny days. Etc.
For a few years under Jim Stanley we had the UT burnt orange uniforms. I saw an interview with Stanley in which he said it was the color of of a football and they thought it would be harder to see who had the ball when we were on offense.

Always thinking, that coach Stanley....
1612533937230.png

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
For a few years under Jim Stanley we had the UT burnt orange uniforms. I saw an interview with Stanley in which he said it was the color of of a football and they thought it would be harder to see who had the ball when we were on offense.

View attachment 88743
People think I’m being funny. I am but that’s beside the point. When I play games, which I love to do, I immerse myself. I learn all the rules and try over and over to master them. Golf and chess and poker and blackjack all come to mind. If I love the game, I’ll either beat you or tie you or die trying. Point being, a head coach most likely loves the game. Every possible advantage should be taken. Crowd noise. Sun. Wind. Colors of uniforms. Whatever edge can be found should be taken.

Jul 23, 2018
USA
People think I’m being funny. I am but that’s beside the point. When I play games, which I love to do, I immerse myself. I learn all the rules and try over and over to master them. Golf and chess and poker and blackjack all come to mind. If I love the game, I’ll either beat you or tie you or die trying. Point being, a head coach most likely loves the game. Every possible advantage should be taken. Crowd noise. Sun. Wind. Colors of uniforms. Whatever edge can be found should be taken.
Brightest orange turf?

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I’m still up for whichever gives us an advantage. Night game? All black. White shoes when white chalk is being used. Silver helmets for sunny days. Etc.

View attachment 88743
And people think Gundy offense is boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro