November 5th!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
Update:

"Today is the day! We have already raised over $1,900,000 million and the money continues to pour in.

We've already surpassed the most money ever raised online by a Republican candidate in one day. Our next goal is $2.3 million which is the most raised by a Democrat online this year. And $3.1 million is the most money raised by a Republican, Mitt Romney, in one day this year."

May 6, 2005
If he doesn't win the Republican Nomination, he could possibly be chosen for the Unity08 ticket. Unity08's goals and Ron Paul's principals line up quite well. I'm watching both efforts closely. It will be an interesting election year in 08 that's for sure.

Aug 7, 2006
You realize that the Unity08.org group only has 100,000 members right?

Not to dog on anyone's pet project, but if RP runs as a independent (which I doubt) it won't have anything to do with Unity08. I think he has more supporters on this site than that one. :)

May 6, 2005
You realize that the Unity08.org group only has 100,000 members right?

Not to dog on anyone's pet project, but if RP runs as a independent (which I doubt) it won't have anything to do with Unity08. I think he has more supporters on this site than that one. :)
Regardless, Unity08 is still doing something revolutionary and will have a candidate on the ballot in every state selected by its own members. Our top issues (as selected by members through a voting process) are: 1- Energy Independence 2- Health Care Reform 3- Iraq 4- Upholding the Constitution 5- Illegal Immigration.

Seems to line up with Paul adequately enough. The member numbers should grow and much more should happen in 08. If it fails, I believe it will still be another stone thrown into the pond to influence change to our political system. The internet can change politics for the better and I think it will if a group like Unity08 can continue to grow.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Ron Paul SHOCKER!

CNN headline reads "Presidential SHOCKER! Ron Paul raises $4 million in 24 hours!"

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Rep. Ron Paul raised more than $4 million on the Internet Monday from more than 35,000 donors, a spokesman for the Texas Republican’s presidential campaign told CNN.

Online supporters of the Texas congressman organized the fundraising push around Guy Fawkes Day, the November 5 holiday that marks Englishman Guy Fawkes' foiled attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliament in 1605, subject of the recent film “V for Vendetta.”

The creator of the Web site that pushed the Paul fundraising drive said the message is not violent, but rather a fundraising idea that spread virally on-line. The Texas congressman’s spokesman said the idea did not come from Paul, but he did promote it in recent speeches.

Paul is the only Republican candidate who is calling for the removal of U.S. troops from Iraq. He also advocates for limited government and is anti-abortion rights. While Paul registers in the low single digits in most polls, he raised a very respectable $5 million in the third quarter fundraising period.