• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
  • Some things are still wonky, such as colors, some old attachments, features that need to be re-added, and the new 1st-party billing system. Bear with us while we clean up the database a tad.

[NSFW] The GOAT rapper is alive!

Pokeabear

Go ahead, make my millennium.
You don't have to be religious to recognize someone's contemptible aspects.
Your right, I was speaking to his pedestal comment, and the Irony of the situation if he/she was religious, its ridiculous when we knock a person or group. Yes he was a gangster, but he also poured himself into his art.

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
That wasn't my argument of "we can't make it better so...". My contention was the problems existing in the black community were not greatly exacerbated by a rap artist. It's this simple. Most of rap bought in the last 20+ years is by white kids. Somehow it hasn't turned their surburban neighborhoods to crime-laden areas so its obviously not the music.
I'm sure you have statistics to back up your claim that white kids buy more rap than black kids, but that really isn't surprising. It's simply an economic thing. Poor kids don't have money to buy CD's. That doesn't mean they aren't listening to it. And again, I haven't stated that rap music is the cause of anything, so no, it wouldn't turn a suburban neighborhood into a crime-laden area. Rap music reinforces and encourages negative behavior, that's my point.

No, Pac is not a role model and I have never said he is. They need to look up to someone like Neil DeGrasse Tyson or Barak Obama. He is the greatest role model ever for a youthful black kids but you can't throw a stone in the this state without him being trashed like he is some unpatriotic heathen-especially on this board.
Tupac was a role model (and because he's now a martyr, will continue to be) whether you'll admit it or not. I guarantee you more inner-city teenagers if polled would rather be like Tupac than Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Most kids would have no clue who he even is.

How many poor neighborhoods have you lived in OA?
There you go again making unfounded assumptions about me. I can assure you I did not grow up in an affluent neighborhood.

I'm sure you have statistics to back up your claim that white kids buy more rap than black kids, but that really isn't surprising. It's simply an economic thing. Poor kids don't have money to buy CD's. That doesn't mean they aren't listening to it. And again, I haven't stated that rap music is the cause of anything, so no, it wouldn't turn a suburban neighborhood into a crime-laden area. Rap music reinforces and encourages negative behavior, that's my point.

Tupac was a role model (and because he's now a martyr, will continue to be) whether you'll admit it or not. I guarantee you more inner-city teenagers if polled would rather be like Tupac than Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Most kids would have no clue who he even is.

There you go again making unfounded assumptions about me. I can assure you I did not grow up in an affluent neighborhood.

Dude, seriously, I am done with this. I just wanted to comment on a good rapper and maybe discuss some rap with other people that enjoy it and have some interesting insight. Why does every thread on this board have to turn into verbal combat. It was supposed to be about rap but congratulations on riding the moral high horse. Good luck with all your hopes and dreams.

Most black kids from da hood likes to rob and steal, and cause Tupac was such a significant, transcendent figure, he had a big part to do with the problems. And only US ghettos with mostly black people have issues with poverty, gangs , violence, and dope. And all a lot of the blame can be put on all rap music artists. And folks from the hood that listen to Tupac and similar type of music are bound to be thugs. And only Tupac and similar artists portray and convey "bad" images and messages.

Does that about cover it?

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Most black kids from da hood likes to rob and steal, and cause Tupac was such a significant, transcendent figure, he had a big part to do with the problems. And only US ghettos with mostly black people have issues with poverty, gangs , violence, and dope. And all a lot of the blame can be put on all rap music artists. And folks from the hood that listen to Tupac and similar type of music are bound to be thugs. And only Tupac and similar artists portray and convey "bad" images and messages.

Does that about cover it?
Yep, because that's exactly what I said.

I say GOAT, but doesn't necessarily mean he's MY favorite of All Time. Lupe is probably tied with him. Great, brilliant lyricist and great flow, and the antithesis of the modern poser , thug rapper.

Starry Night

A creative heart, obsessed with satisfying
this dormant and uncaring society
you have given them the stars at night
and you have given them
Bountiful Bouquets of Sunflowers
but 4 u there is only contempt
and though you pour yourself into that fame
and present it so proudly this world
could not accept your masterpieces
from the heart.
So on that starry night you gave to us
and you took away from us
the one thing we never acknowledged
your life.
Tupac Shakur

colb

Wham Block Expert
A/V Subscriber
Yeah, rap music is the direct cause of all of our gang violence in America. /sarcasm

Marshall Mathers (Eminem) said it best in "Who Knew":

Get aware, wake up, get a sense of humor
Quit tryin to censor music, this is for your kid's amusement
But don't blame me when lil' Eric jumps off of the terrace
You shoulda been watchin him - apparently you ain't parents

How many retards'll listen to me
and run up in the school shootin when they're pissed at a
teach-er, her, him, is it you is it them?
"Wasn't me, Slim Shady said to do it again!"
Damn! How much damage can you do with a pen?
Man I'm just as f***** up as you woulda been
if you woulda been, in my shoes, who woulda thought
Slim Shady would be somethin that you woulda bought
that woulda made you get a gun and shoot at a cop
I just said it - I didn't know if you'd do it or not

Blaming rap for societies problems is like the people who blamed Marilyn Manson's music for the Columbine shooting.

Lafferty Daniel

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Eminem also has a line:

"I came to save this new generation of babies
From parents who failed to raise them cause they're lazy"

I think that's from D12 - "Fight Music"

Couldn't be more true.

OSU_CC

Territorial Marshal
Eminem also has a line:

"I came to save this new generation of babies
From parents who failed to raise them cause they're lazy"

I think that's from D12 - "Fight Music"

Couldn't be more true.
I'm sorry, I wouldn't want my children to be 'saved' by eminem.

"Murder, murder, murder, and kill, kill, kill! "

"Need a backin' out this lady's Jag started blackin' out
Pulled the Mac-10 out, stuck it in her face
Shut ya ***kin' mouth before I blow the brain from out the back ya scalp
Drug her by her hair, smacked her up
Thinkin' ***k it, mug her while you're there, jacked her up
Stole her car, made a profit"

Sounds like a very intelligent and inspirational rapper to me...not.

As far as Tupac goes, sure he may have been a good rapper but some of the messages he portrayed were not beneficial to anyone.

I'll say what I've always said about Tupac's music..Tupac could take you to church, make you want to turn your life around, expose the conspiracies of society, and make you want to go and shoot up a club.

To summarize Tupac, he was a confused young man who grew up in a troubled life. He didn't overcome those things in which he knew were bad for his life, in fact he found himself immersed in things which he knew were wrong at the young age of 17 as in the video that you posted.

He had a tragic end to his life and his rapping ability should be remembered but he is by no means a good role model for today's youth.

Lafferty Daniel

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
I'm sorry, I wouldn't want my children to be 'saved' by eminem.

"Murder, murder, murder, and kill, kill, kill! "

"Need a backin' out this lady's Jag started blackin' out
Pulled the Mac-10 out, stuck it in her face
Shut ya ***kin' mouth before I blow the brain from out the back ya scalp
Drug her by her hair, smacked her up
Thinkin' ***k it, mug her while you're there, jacked her up
Stole her car, made a profit"

Sounds like a very intelligent and inspirational rapper to me...not.

As far as Tupac goes, sure he may have been a good rapper but some of the messages he portrayed were not beneficial to anyone.

I'll say what I've always said about Tupac's music..Tupac could take you to church, make you want to turn your life around, expose the conspiracies of society, and make you want to go and shoot up a club.

To summarize Tupac, he was a confused young man who grew up in a troubled life. He didn't overcome those things in which he knew were bad for his life, in fact he found himself immersed in things which he knew were wrong at the young age of 17 as in the video that you posted.

He had a tragic end to his life and his rapping ability should be remembered but he is by no means a good role model for today's youth.

Good Lord.

It was analogy. Basically saying that if kids do the things that some rappers say, it's the parents fault for not montoring their kid. Which is true.

And try listening to "Mockingbird", "When I'm Gone", and "Beautiful" for starters. Not all of Eminem's songs have the lyrics like the one you posted above.