Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUndefeated

Federal Marshal
Apr 25, 2011
I feel like crying and vomiting. I am so disappointed in our D and in Weeden's leadership, which was nonexistent. Heisman candidate my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
It is just a football game. Pretty insignificant event in light of what has occurred over the last 30 hours.

I hope nobody gets hurt jumping off the bandwagon.

Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Can't really blame the team for not being focused, given the tragedy; however, have to say we deserved to lose. 5 turnovers, missed field goal and a defense making a qb with only 3 starts under his belt look like a heisman contender.

Tough loss, but in the big picture 10-1 with 1 game left at home is still one hell of a season.

Sep 28, 2010
Tough loss guys, sorry.

The land thieves might want to remember that have a whole lot of ground to make up on Oregon if they expect to play in the championship game.

Nov 11, 2006
They have consistently done this all year. The offense finally was not able to cover up this shortcomning. At some point giving up 400+ yards weekly will get you burned. Make one stop and we win.
The D got us our 3 stops we needed. We shouldn't expect more out of them than that imho. If we're so bad on D, why do we have the Most Takeaways in the FBS. Turnover margin is what wins the vast majority of games. Our offense had 5 to their 3...So in essence the offense had more opportunities to win the game than for our defense to lose it. Who would you honestly take in a game? Our offense or defense in a game? Obviously our offense, but they choked harder than our d. Our d actually played better than they usually do. Our offense is who didn't perform tonight.

Jul 11, 2007
Let's continue this season Cowboys. Tough day overall, rebound...beat oU and all our goals are in front of us. BCS bowl and Big 12 championship.

Nov 11, 2006
Is the replay right underneath the goal posts?
I honestly think it was no good. If it passes directly over the bar, it's no good. I truly believe it went right over the top of it. If it would've hit and bounced, who then, but the bars weren't high enough...blah. It would've been interesting to see what would've happened if the bars were higher tho.

Oct 27, 2009
The D got us our 3 stops we needed. We shouldn't expect more out of them than that imho. If we're so bad on D, why do we have the Most Takeaways in the FBS. Turnover margin is what wins the vast majority of games. Our offense had 5 to their 3...So in essence the offense had more opportunities to win the game than for our defense to lose it. Who would you honestly take in a game? Our offense or defense in a game? Obviously our offense, but they choked harder than our d. Our d actually played better than they usually do. Our offense is who didn't perform tonight.
If we can only expect our D to make 3 stops...then we're bad dude. Seriously, I know our O played terrible and I'm not saying it's all the D's fault (all around, I'd say).

But your argument that 3 stops is all we should expect from our Defense against ISU? Come on.

Nov 11, 2006
If we can only expect our D to make 3 stops...then we're bad dude. Seriously, I know our O played terrible and I'm not saying it's all the D's fault (all around, I'd say).

But your argument that 3 stops is all we should expect from our Defense against ISU? Come on.
3 turnovers...how many teams get more than that a game? not too many I'm sure...

Jan 18, 2008
I'm still proud of the players and coaches. It's a tough loss for sure, but in light of recent events it's only a game. We still have a lot to play for and a lot to be proud of. GO POKES!!!!!!!!!!