Official Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Offense definitely crapped the bed numerous times in the red zone. Defense also had their large share of ineptitude, as did the special teams. It just so happened that the D had the honor of play of the game when they (theoretically) had the opportunity to get the ball back and ended up showing their ass is glorious fashion on the scramble.
I missed that play as I was driving. My point is that our D created enough opportunities for the offense.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I mean 1st and goal is a lot different than 4th and 1. There was no way he was out at the 4. But leaving points on the field was killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True he wasn't out short, but he also could have gone Vince Young and lowered his shoulder and left no doubt.
Could have. But I’m sure he assumed the ref would actually do his job.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Gundys post game analysis “we kicked too many fgs”. No shit Sherlock and that’s your fault. Or you could have kicked 2 more and had the game tied. Either way it’s your fault.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Or maybe make the defensive adjustments in the second quarter instead of halfway through the 4th keeping us behind the 8 ball all night.

Oct 30, 2007
What do we dial up on offense, down two scores with 9 mins left?
Run up the middle, run up the middle, run up the middle, punt!
Run Hubbard between the tackles. ;)
Draw, of course...
Hubbard up the middle

When your entire fanbase knows what the playcall will be, it's probably the wrong play to call.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
The absolute worst thing from tonight was the fact we took the 3 best players we have on the team off the field on 4th and 1 to get a 5 yard penalty and have our holder throw a shovel pass to woods. I guess the positive is they at least threw a pass to woods?

Jun 25, 2011
Hopefully the offense gets WAY more creative or it will be the Dru & LD show the second half of the season. Hubbard and Sanders can’t keep taking a beating like this every game.
If we can't come up with a more creative offensive package for Texas I have very little confidence in our coaches ability to do so the rest of the year. Texas was ranked and we had a golden opportunity to gain some football cred yet we kept running it up the gut when our running back who had been averaging about 8 yards a carry could only get 3 yards a carry against Texas. So let's run him 30 + times tonight. Nope. I would rather wear out Sanders and trust that his talent will allow him to be more effective than the trash we saw tonight.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
We literally knew they were selling out to the run daring us to throw and we continued to smash it at them like Dax Garman was back at qb.

Nov 18, 2011
Listening to the guys on the animal postgame, including Rashaun, defending the play calling saying we couldn’t pass because Sanders was running for his life. Well he ran for his life to the tune of 100+ yards and was only sacked twice. And by the way completed 250 yards. But we had to run because we couldn’t have success any other way.:facepalm: