Official Game Thread: Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
It all comes down to this. Kind of.

The Cowboys are in the Big XII title game, regardless of Saturday's results. It gives OSU a chance to win their first conference championship in a decade. No Bedlam result in November can change that.

So it all comes down this. Sorta.

Oklahoma State will have an opportunity to show what it can do, particularly on defense, on a national stage against a name opponent. The Cowboys can prove that the lack of attention they've received over the last few weeks was the slight we all know it to be with a big win, but if we should fall, the Cowboys are still in the conference championship game, so there's a lot to still play for.

To hell with that. It DOES all come down to this.

These jokers in Norman decided to go shopping for new digs and didn't even have the common courtesy to put a sign up in the yard before they eloped with the neighbors they supposedly hate to uproot the entire neighborhood.

These fools show up in our places of business, school parking lots, airports, restaurants, hell, bathrooms in Iraq (true story) at complete random with their Wal-Mart $15 shirts when they couldn't identify the OU library with a map and neon red arrows pointing at it to thump their chests about their team.

These suckers spend 11 weeks out of the season pretending like they only have a thought to spare for Texas when it comes to rivalries, and then spend the other week getting worked up over an OSU quarterback and/or receiver expecting to win.

I'm sick and damned tired of these various jokers, fools, and suckers mucking up the works. The good news is that this is probably the last time we have to entertain them in Stillwater for Bedlam. So while yes, full disclosure, there IS still something to play for regardless of what happens Saturday, it'd be much easier to go to Arlington as the king of Oklahoma football this year, and potentially with scoreboard over those goons for the foreseeable future. Oh, and it'd be even sweeter knowing that a win will ensure that we have I-35 all to ourselves when we go to the 'chip.

It all comes down to Bedlam. Let's cook these chuckleheads.

Go Pokes! Beat the Sooners!

University of Oklahoma Sooners vs. Oklahoma State University Cowboys
Kickoff: Saturday, November 27, 2021, 6:30 PM CDT
at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK
2021 Records
OU 10-1 (7-1), OSU 10-1 (7-1)
OU leads the series, 89-19-7
TV: ABC
Suddenlink: 5
DirecTV: 5

Radio:
Cowboy Radio Network (93.7 FM)
Sirius 133, XM 199, SXM App 953
: http://okla.st/osutunein
The Varsity Network

Discord Chat Server

Discord Chat Embedded

Listen Online

OSU Roster

OSU Game Notes

OU Roster

OU Game Notes

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Iowa state would not throw the ball down the field, they ran pretty good but wouldn’t throw the ball more than 8 yards, it allowed the OU defense to keep everything in front of them. OU was also able to get Purdy out of the pocket and every time they got pressure on him, he would run backwards, and then run sideways and try to throw. SS needs to step up in the pocket or just run the ball if there’s open lanes. We also need to stretch the field with some deep balls. I think we can have success running against them if we do that.
On defense, just like the Texas tech game, Iowa state could not get any pass rush and played zone, we need to get in the backfield and hit CW a bunch, mix up coverage and get him confused, and of course get BPS rocking, he’s a completely different QB on the road.

poke

Wrangler
Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
Got me fired up. I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt like this for a bedlam game. My stomach is turning about how much I want to beat the sellouts. Beat the hell out of them and kick their ass to the curb. I know this is what the players want too, and I think Gundy knows this is probably the most important bedlam game he will ever coach. Go DAMN pokes and I am so proud of this team and thankful to be part of the cowboy family.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm proud of this team and it's coaches no matter what...BUT this game is huge and... ou SO deserves to have their tails kicked in after what they did to us, the State, and our conference by leaving without even giving us a heads up. It's a huge deal tomorrow, just huge. Go Pokes!!

Last edited:

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Any chance gundy will leave for vacation and let the other coaches handle it? Instead of curling up in a fetal position hoping the clock will just run out.
I honestly don’t believe he’s going to crap the bed this year. This year may be the best coaching job he’s done thus far in his career. I guarantee you he won’t interfere with Knowles handling of the defense. He has navigated this team through some treacherous waters with ridiculous amounts of offensive injuries approaching each game with the best plan for winning. I didn’t have any problem with his calls even against ISU. We just didn’t execute in that game like we have since and we had a bad game. We need to squash the Sooner Magic that seems to always bail them out when we have a better team. Just suffocate them the way we did WVU, Kansas, TCU, Tech, etc.

Go Pokes!

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I honestly don’t believe he’s going to crap the bed this year. This year may be the best coaching job he’s done thus far in his career. I guarantee you he won’t interfere with Knowles handling of the defense. He has navigated this team through some treacherous waters with ridiculous amounts of offensive injuries approaching each game with the best plan for winning. I didn’t have any problem with his calls even against ISU. We just didn’t execute in that game like we have since and we had a bad game. We need to squash the Sooner Magic that seems to always bail them out when we have a better team. Just suffocate them the way we did WVU, Kansas, TCU, Tech, etc.

Go Pokes!
Man I hope you’re right. Maybe somebody can find a way to sabotage his headsets at critical times in the game.

Nov 18, 2011
I just can’t muster the confidence that some of you have in this game, seen to many of them. Yes, our D has played very well and will have Riley’s full attention and probably lots of wrinkles. It’s Bedlam, expect the unexpected, ou special teams or defensive points. I also worry about their D up front against our OLine. We have struggled to protect against several teams, and are now a bit beat up. Spencer is going to have to be a
big part of the run game to loosen them up and of course can’t turn the ball over with the pressure he will face.

This game is a toss up. Probably a field goal game or less. Just hope somehow we are on the right side. Go Pokes!